What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He’s a merkin and the way he reacted in New York under the influence of the truth serum is reprehensible. How he wasn’t rubbed out of the game is beyond me.

If it wasn’t for a club like the Bronco’s I doubt he would of been registered, and I agree he should never have been allowed back for what he did. It’s not like it was his first strike either he’s already been sacked from two clubs. Well the jokes on the Donkey’s his ridiculously high and long contract is now like a noose around their neck.

If he was going so well why are the Donkey's offloading him???? And 130m per game is nothing flash from a starting from rower who is playing big mins. Junior offers so much more than just metres per game and his form this year has been down on what he has produced since his return from Canberra.

But how about Lodge's missed tackles stats??? Penalty's or dropped balls per game??? He dropped at least 3 last night and let that bunnies forward go straight through him to score. He's also a walking penalty with the new faster rules and crackdown on foul play. 800k per season lol, hopefully for the Warriors sake the Donkey's are tipping in at least half.

You called him a 'plodder'. I'm just saying that he's a lot better than a plodder. Lodge is not the reason that the Broncs are up the creek.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You called him a 'plodder'. I'm just saying that he's a lot better than a plodder. Lodge is not the reason that the Broncs are up the creek.
I called him a sloth, with the new rules he really does seem to struggle in the back end of games. The new game doesn’t suit him and at 800k a season he is one of the reasons the Donkeys are up the creek.

If he was going so well why are the Donkey's offloading him???? And 130m per game is nothing flash from a starting from rower who is playing big mins. Junior offers so much more than just metres per game and his form this year has been down on what he has produced since his return from Canberra.

But how about Lodge's missed tackles stats??? Penalty's or dropped balls per game??? He dropped at least 3 last night and let that bunnies forward go straight through him to score. He's also a walking penalty with the new faster rules and crackdown on foul play. 800k per season lol, hopefully for the Warriors sake the Donkey's are tipping in at least half.

Aren't you the bloke who rubbished the Eels for signing Papali'i?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Aren't you the bloke who rubbished the Eels for signing Papali'i?
What does my opinion of Papaleheee have to do with Lodge the Sloth??? Lodge on 800k is one of the worst signings in the NRL and the Donkey’s now trying to move him on just proves this. He’s been on the market for most of the year the Donkeys must have finally tipped on enough cash to get rid of him.

And I didn’t rubbish the club on signing Papa I thought he would be a solid signing at best. I’ve been happily proven wrong he has exceeded everyone’s expectations.

I did rubbish the club signing Cartwright and while he has had his moments him being dropped again just shows he still can’t help himself trying to be a half when BA wants him to be a run first forward.

Glenneel

Bench
of course they are better players…just showing Opacic has been pretty good this year compared to the better centres
Value for money Oppy is up with the best, V good defensively and although not express good enough in attack. Probably only costing us $200k whereas Crichton, Burton and Lomax are all probably on $400k plus and he is more than half the player those are. However Peninisi looks exciting and can't wait until he gets the chance.
How about you tell us what you think opacic is on?

I think he is probably similar to Papa ... he was signed before MJ went down. He was gonna play predominantly reggies.

I think we need to upgrade Papa ASAP to ensure we keep him ... probably needs about 300k+ more than his current salary .... so pretty much eats up MJs salary

Fergos money is obviously available ... but at least some of that probably goes to upgrades of Moses and maybe others .... Gutho is gonna need a bit more soon
As the cap has gone down I would think those players re-signed would be on the same or even slightly less money than previously. I doubt any are on a higher amount. With our position on the ladder, compared with potential clubs they could go to for more, that they'd prefer to stay at Parra. Was there even any talk that any other club made an offer to them? I didn't hear anything.

Glenneel

Bench
At his age and the level of footy he's playing, he's probably still got improvement in him. He's an elite forward already, and in 2023 (when his next contract will start) he'll get $500k easily.

If he was off contract right now there'd be a few clubs that would pay him that much.
Disagree there, think $500k is about $100k more than what we'll offer him. There is no talk anymore on $1m halves because the cap has gone down and I think player perceptions have been lowered as a result.

Also if I'm papa would I go to a shit club and get hammered each week for $500k or stay at Parra for $400k. I know which club I'd prefer.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Tom Opačić is a better defensive centre than all the other centres mentioned and a bargain and our unsung hero of 2021.
Probably one of the few signings I’ve been correct on. I said I when we signed him he could play and would surprise many. He was good at the Broncs, just injury prone. I honestly think Qld should pick him.

TheRam

Coach
Tom Opačić is a better defensive centre than all the other centres mentioned and a bargain and our unsung hero of 2021.
Lomax is a gun in both defense and attack.

But value for money, I wouldn't swap Opačić for him. I believe Lomax is on around $600k. If Opy keeps playing like he is and stays injury free, we would have the best bargain buy centre and forward(Papa) in the NRL by a long shot, both being on under $200k.

These two have both been awesome from the get go this season and playing way above any of our expectations. On Opy, if our halves knew how to take the space on offer and deliver a good ball after drawing or committing the defense, or pass earlier when needed, he and Waqa would be playing even better. Watch carefully how both Moses and Dillbags, both stuff this up often.

Mind you Dillbags has improved somewhat in this area since he has come back from suspension. But I will be interested to see if he keeps this up and even improves on it over the remainder of the season. If he is to actually become a class playmaker, then it is vital that he continues to improve. His long kicking game hasn't changed much since he came into the NRL, it is still sh*t. He needs a lot of work in this area too.

IFR33K

Coach
I just read Peter ‘the leaks’ Nolan has been sacked by the donkeys. He was meant to be the saving grace around here a few years ago.

Gronk

Staff member
I called him a sloth, with the new rules he really does seem to struggle in the back end of games. The new game doesn’t suit him and at 800k a season he is one of the reasons the Donkeys are up the creek.

My apologies. He's still not a sloth. I wouldn't pay him $800k either, but he is a very good player.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nolan lol, i heard he once told a group of Eels fans at a charity lunch that he thought Terry Lamb was a better footballer than Brett Kenny. That's pretty much all you need to know about him.

Latest posts