What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gutless Cowards

Is Pascoe still the boss there if so surprising no call for his head .penrith where happy when he left us
Bro McMobarini, this calamity is wholly at the feet of the f**king players.

Shock horror, they can actually play football... but only when they feel like it.

I was prepared to give the cat an extra cup of kitty crunchies if they flogged us 24 nil, but to put 50 on us is....

Sheensy has to be fast tracked. Kidnap him or something.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Why should we become defunct? If yo don’t want to be here, than leave. But I won’t be. Nor will you.
Yes our history this past decade is not good, but that doesn’t mean you just walk away. We’ll be back.

BTW, I think the club does a lot work for the underprivileged.
Just my way of venting & expressing anger by tongue in cheek comments.U are right as a masochistic tigers fan I won’t be leaving albeit I’m hugely discouraged from attending games incl matches at the beloved 8th wonder.

I would expect more results similar to this one as the season goes on, against good opposition.

To be honest its not at all surprising. Due to the rule changes over the last year and a bit we're actually back to playing rugby league instead the absolute garbage of the last 15 years that resembled some sort of amateur wrestling competition.........that is when the players hadn't intentionally stopped the game and were standing around waiting for play to re-start so they could freshen up. Now they're back playing league the gulf between the good teams and the rest is massive. All of that rubbish about the salary cap and the competition being close was a load of shit and things were close only due to the frequent stoppages, slow structured play, and the players never really being fatigued.

The current management have shown they don't have what it takes to turn us into a roosters/storm outfit. They also don't have any ideas outside of the norm that could set us apart from other teams. I can't see us ever having juniors success on a par with the panthers. So basically with our current management we are in no position to ever see prolonged success.......or any success at all really.

Maguire has now largely built this team and next year the last of the Cleary deadwood will be gone. It's all on him. Some of the decisions he has made defy belief, from extending Brooks for 3 years with a pay rise, to some of the salaries paid to players who just wouldn't get a run anywhere else. I know it would create a lot work but I would only be offering 1 year contracts at the moment, hoping and expecting we could do better than what we have. If it means we lose some players so be it. The only signings we're making are from teams who are outside the top 6. Why we are chasing a player like Pangai Jnr has got me stuffed. He's in one of the only clubs that is doing even worse than us, and he has got an obvious attitude problem. I think Maguire needs to be answering questions about why he is targeting players like this.

There are too many players who are way too happy and comfortable receiving their wage and playing first grade, knowing the tigers have little option but to keep them, as we have to field 30 players on the books every year. I still think the best way to make the players accountable is to hit them in their hip pocket and give them minimum wage contracts with win bonus', playoff bonus' etc. Not sure of the salary cap legalities around this though as I think you have to spend 90% of the cap every year. That in itself is the major issue. If we can't field a $9.6mil roster surely we should be able to invest that into our juniors, or pilfering other clubs juniors as a lot other clubs are wont to do. Surely we can spend that money any way we want. Even if we gave it to charity I'd be happier than watching Moses Mbye 'earning' $900K a year. This is astounding. He's lucky to be playing first grade. Anyone involved in that decision has a lot to answer for.

The only thing we have left to look forward to this year is that we play the broncos and bulldogs twice. We should split those games to avoid the spoon. Basically we are in a horrible mess with no path out of it. There is not one person from board member, to coaching, to playing who can and/or will help.

FFFFAAAAAARRRRRRKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I would expect more results similar to this one as the season goes on, against good opposition.

To be honest its not at all surprising. Due to the rule changes over the last year and a bit we're actually back to playing rugby league instead the absolute garbage of the last 15 years that resembled some sort of amateur wrestling competition.........that is when the players hadn't intentionally stopped the game and were standing around waiting for play to re-start so they could freshen up. Now they're back playing league the gulf between the good teams and the rest is massive. All of that rubbish about the salary cap and the competition being close was a load of shit and things were close only due to the frequent stoppages, slow structured play, and the players never really being fatigued.

The current management have shown they don't have what it takes to turn us into a roosters/storm outfit. They also don't have any ideas outside of the norm that could set us apart from other teams. I can't see us ever having juniors success on a par with the panthers. So basically with our current management we are in no position to ever see prolonged success.......or any success at all really.

Maguire has now largely built this team and next year the last of the Cleary deadwood will be gone. It's all on him. Some of the decisions he has made defy belief, from extending Brooks for 3 years with a pay rise, to some of the salaries paid to players who just wouldn't get a run anywhere else. I know it would create a lot work but I would only be offering 1 year contracts at the moment, hoping and expecting we could do better than what we have. If it means we lose some players so be it. The only signings we're making are from teams who are outside the top 6. Why we are chasing a player like Pangai Jnr has got me stuffed. He's in one of the only clubs that is doing even worse than us, and he has got an obvious attitude problem. I think Maguire needs to be answering questions about why he is targeting players like this.

There are too many players who are way too happy and comfortable receiving their wage and playing first grade, knowing the tigers have little option but to keep them, as we have to field 30 players on the books every year. I still think the best way to make the players accountable is to hit them in their hip pocket and give them minimum wage contracts with win bonus', playoff bonus' etc. Not sure of the salary cap legalities around this though as I think you have to spend 90% of the cap every year. That in itself is the major issue. If we can't field a $9.6mil roster surely we should be able to invest that into our juniors, or pilfering other clubs juniors as a lot other clubs are wont to do. Surely we can spend that money any way we want. Even if we gave it to charity I'd be happier than watching Moses Mbye 'earning' $900K a year. This is astounding. He's lucky to be playing first grade. Anyone involved in that decision has a lot to answer for.

The only thing we have left to look forward to this year is that we play the broncos and bulldogs twice. We should split those games to avoid the spoon. Basically we are in a horrible mess with no path out of it. There is not one person from board member, to coaching, to playing who can and/or will help.

Fair points, but there's no way we beat the Bulldogs. They, unlike our mob, actually show some heart.

'Gutless cowards' is about as accurate as it gets for this team. Nothing is going to change with the likes of Pascoe in charge though. Looking forward to signing Sam Burgess, Israel Folau, or maybe Jason Moodie still is keen for a run?

GongPanther

Referee
We all know they won’t.
The reason a few of us have been having a sly dig at Penrith is partly because we are fully aware that beating a depleted side missing half of its run on team is the best we can achieve with this mob.
Souths will crush us and Penrith will rearrange our asses for us.
This club is a joke, the merger is a failure and if it wasn’t for the large fan base, would not even be competing in the NRL competition.
It seemed as if they were "Tysonned", they knew they were beat before they got there. Storm have won 21 in a row at that ground, and being at the top of the comp tearing bums apart.

All fine and interesting except Maguire isn’t in final charge of recruitment. He’s allowed a say.

I’ve had the chance to reconsider his position several times.

If the players listened to him, we’d only have been flogged within an inch of our lives, not a wipe-out training run.

Packer and bj straight back in. Young Tuki, jock to start, bugger it, make him captain.

May the axe swing freely and rivers of players blood gush down to the harbour ( selection wise).

Might well be time to poach other ceos and officials. But imho Madge to stay. He’s solid.

No nrl coach deserved that, except perhaps that stink piece lying human detritus coaching the smug.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Storm have won 21 in a row at that ground, and being at the top of the comp tearing bums apart.

I think threads like this are melodramatic BS. We lost. It' s a game of footy. It's not like my nuts are on the line. I reckon every player did their best. I just reckon the difference between the top and the bottom teams is huge.

I think threads like this are melodramatic BS. We lost. It' s a game of footy. It's not like my nuts are on the line. I reckon every player did their best. I just reckon the difference between the top and the bottom teams is huge.
If that every player doing their best then we are in more trouble than people think, and most people think we’re in huge trouble.

Trollhammaren

Juniors

You were obviously not watching if you think the players did their best. The effort from all but one or two was pathetic.

That was the equal most points the joint-venture has ever conceded (lost 66-12 to Eels in 2001), and we were lucky not to lose by 70-80 points.

Correct the gap between the top and bottom teams is enormous this year, but things are simply getting worse for this club.

magpie_man

Juniors

I wish that I could 'like' this more than once.
I guess that I must also be in the minority of punters who remembers the game before it was artificially kept "competitive" by the refs and the wrestle and, as a long-suffering Magpies/Tigers fan, my enjoyment of the game has never been entirely tethered to the team's success.
Agree with the part about having to spend 90% of the cap too; the fact that our squad gets paid the same amount collectively as the Storm & Panthers seems absurd to me.
I'd much rather the top squad take a pay cut and 20-50% of the cap get redistributed to junior development and investments.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Absolutely no way we put in last night. For all the wraps Luciano gets in attack his defense is atrocious. Lacks urgency, shirt grabs and is slow off the mark

He is not an NRL starter but he could make a great bench forward

I actually thought we put in last week but were simply outclassed and on the rough end of some dodgy calls. Last night was just a train wreck from start to finish

Tiger05

First Grade
I wish that I could 'like' this more than once.
I guess that I must also be in the minority of punters who remembers the game before it was artificially kept "competitive" by the refs and the wrestle and, as a long-suffering Magpies/Tigers fan, my enjoyment of the game has never been entirely tethered to the team's success.
Agree with the part about having to spend 90% of the cap too; the fact that our squad gets paid the same amount collectively as the Storm & Panthers seems absurd to me.
I'd much rather the top squad take a pay cut and 20-50% of the cap get redistributed to junior development and investments.

Completely agree. We should be chucking more dollars into juniors via the cap.

Latest posts