What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

John Hamblin

Juniors
IF we want to sign a player who would make a HUGE difference to our team I would sign Connor Watson. Imagine what he could do on the back of our forward dominance and go forward. I don't think we can afford him unless Capewell leaves!!

Smug Panther

First Grade
IF we want to sign a player who would make a HUGE difference to our team I would sign Connor Watson. Imagine what he could do on the back of our forward dominance and go forward. I don't think we can afford him unless Capewell leaves!!
To play what position?

Kilkenny

Coach
Obviously the article must be talking about a number of players not just JFH.

No idea what JFH is on currently and he has earnt a very significant pay rise.

I hope we are not talking stupid money which will compromise our salary cap overall, but he certainly deserves to be paid equal of the the other top earning front rowers in the game.

Abacus

Juniors
Obviously the article must be talking about a number of players not just JFH.

No idea what JFH is on currently and he has earnt a very significant pay rise.

I hope we are not talking stupid money which will compromise our salary cap overall, but he certainly deserves to be paid equal of the the other top earning front rowers in the game.
Penrith prop James Fisher-Harris is on the verge of becoming one of the highest-paid forwards in the game after agreeing terms on a four-year extension with the Panthers that will pay him up to $3.5 million.

Arricle goes on to talk about retention of Cleary Luai, Yeo & Crichto, together with Fish, costing $10M.

Kilkenny

Coach
Penrith prop James Fisher-Harris is on the verge of becoming one of the highest-paid forwards in the game after agreeing terms on a four-year extension with the Panthers that will pay him up to $3.5 million.

Arricle goes on to talk about retention of Cleary Luai, Yeo & Crichto, together with Fish, costing $10M.
Fair enough. JFH probably deserving of $800k a season, so if we are talking about a little more than that I can cop it.

I worry a little about the Stephen Crichton extension, the hand shake deal on around $500k was the maximum we should have run with but he called our bluff and took us for an extra $100 - $150 a season depending on who you believe. There is a little Waqa Blake about Stephen Crichton but I hope he proves me wrong.

franklin2323

Immortal
Fair enough. JFH probably deserving of $800k a season, so if we are talking about a little more than that I can cop it.

I worry a little about the Stephen Crichton extension, the hand shake deal on around $500k was the maximum we should have run with but he called our bluff and took us for an extra $100 - $150 a season depending on who you believe. There is a little Waqa Blake about Stephen Crichton but I hope he proves me wrong.

Fish is money well spent.

Crichton will play Origin. Just needs to stay in the one side of the field

Kilkenny

Coach
Claims on JFH's on over 800K on his new deal.
Claims on JFH's on over 800K on his new deal.
If that’s what we have to pay I’m fine with it.

I never believed the long term big money deal given to RCG was good value and I was very vocal on here against it.

RCG has been very good for the Eels and I am happy to see that he has turned his career around but JFH is much more worthy of the money and four year extension being suggested. I’m confident he will be good value for money.

The_Frog

First Grade
Rhys Wesser in his heyday was lightening quick. I don’t think he got run down too often, his acceleration over initial forty or so was something to behold.
I was listening to the Rugby League Digest podcast re the best modern day Dragons and Raiders sides, and couldn't help thinking about who would make our side. I think Rhys would still take the 1 position, from Moylan who certainly won us a healthy number of games, and Kevin Dann.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I was listening to the Rugby League Digest podcast re the best modern day Dragons and Raiders sides, and couldn't help thinking about who would make our side. I think Rhys would still take the 1 position, from Moylan who certainly won us a healthy number of games, and Kevin Dann.
Mick Gordon should have been our best fullback imo. Waited way too long to play him there and then injuries, such a shame

Smug Panther

First Grade
Ben Ikin's last ep on 360 tonight before taking the Broncos gig and openly said if they could sign anyone it's Capewell. Looks like he'll be offered silly money

Fangs

Coach
Creating the overlaps isn't the issue. The other parts to fullback he will struggle at atm

That is why he can stay on the wing and the only harm in putting him in reggies is he walks.

Though I thought that would happen with Luai and it didn't. At the time (2018) I thought clubs would be lining up for his signature.

Latest posts