What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Passion of the Kevin

Mr Spock!

Referee
I imagine they weren't getting the offers expected from other clubs in regard to taking over the contracts.

Why would anyone make a move for Lodge? Bad PR and by keeping him at the Broncos it actively weakens them due to his massive cap hit. Plus the option for an extra year in his favour...
You mean clubs weren't prepared to pay overs for wooden spooners?

Sphagnum

Coach
Seems Kevvie backflipped over pangai and Lodge.

giphy.gif

Mr Spock!

Referee
Go Kevvie

Hey lads, have the week off and then we'll smash you, seems a good plan

Can it get any worse...? Bumbling Broncos lose FOUR stars in one ‘brutal’ training session​

Wide World of Sports reported Karmichael Hunt, Ben Te’o, Albert Kelly and Brendan Piakura all copped injuries in the same training session, which doesn’t speak wonders of their new Head of Performance.

“Dave Ballard is the new strength and conditioning coach at the Brisbane Broncos and on Sunday a brutal training session turned bad,” Channel 9s Ben Dobbin said.

“Karmichael Hunt tore his calf, Ben Te’o tore his calf and Albert Kelly tore his hamstring, and Brendan Piakura damaged his ankle.

“Three of these four players would have been in the side for Sunday when they take on the Sharks..

Rabbit toes

First Grade

Mr Spock!

Referee
It's Brodie Croft's turn to play this week and Milf's back in the extended squad.

Seems the players whinge worked.

Oates and Isaako are back and Lodge and TPJ are staying.

Kevvie's merry-go-round selections continues.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd love to know what the Broncos spend all their money on? I get that profits go back the share holders as a listed company but considering they are generating around $55mill revenue a year compared to $25-30 mill of every club where does the extra revenue go??

Mark B

Juniors
I'd love to know what the Broncos spend all their money on? I get that profits go back the share holders as a listed company but considering they are generating around $55mill revenue a year compared to $25-30 mill of every club where does the extra revenue go??
Here is a link that tells you what their revenue stream value etc have been over time. Dividends etc are also included. Like everyone else they took a big hit last financial year revenue wise. COVID and a spoon can do that.

blaza88z

Coach
Kevvie hasn't done himself any favours here, he came out only a couple of days ago and declared Matt Lodge is going nowhere.. not even 2 days later and it has been confirmed he off to the Warriors for the remainder of his contract

Wish him all the best, everyone deserves a second chance and he took his second chance and ran with it