What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Passion of the Kevin

myrrh ken

First Grade
Kevvie hasn't done himself any favours here, he came out only a couple of days ago and declared Matt Lodge is going nowhere.. not even 2 days later and it has been confirmed he off to the Warriors for the remainder of his contract

Wish him all the best, everyone deserves a second chance and he took his second chance and ran with it

So... Woods to Broncos confirmed?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kevvie hasn't done himself any favours here, he came out only a couple of days ago and declared Matt Lodge is going nowhere.. not even 2 days later and it has been confirmed he off to the Warriors for the remainder of his contract

Wish him all the best, everyone deserves a second chance and he took his second chance and ran with it
Could be a master double bluff to force any club into action sooner rather than later? Maybe no coincidence that the week he says they can stay someone actually comes in and makes the offer.

Canard

Immortal
Matt Lodge is scum both on and off the field, it will forever be a stain on the Broncos and Bennett that they made this guy the highest paid prop in the NRL.

The only solace is that it's going to f**k their cap for years to come.

T.S Quint

Coach

I think it might have been his third or fourth chance actually.

T.S Quint

Coach
Weren't there rumours of a car park altercation at the Storm?

I believe so. Can’t remember exactly what those rumour were.
He was sacked by two clubs before his time at the Broncos, so can’t really say it’s his second chance though.

butchmcdick

Immortal
I was so used to Walters being a boob as a Fox commentator, I felt his appointment as coach of the Broncos was an act of desperation by that Club. Now I just feel just a little bit sorry for him. He gives his players almighty sprays, unfortunately for him it reminds me of the line from Andrew Dice Clay in The Adventures of Ford Fairlane, ”Like masturbating with a cheese grater. Slightly amusing but mostly painful.”

It was worth it for those chicks, those fat chicks

gerg

Juniors
I believe so. Can’t remember exactly what those rumour were.
He was sacked by two clubs before his time at the Broncos, so can’t really say it’s his second chance though.

Didn't he want to fight Bellamy in the carpark?

big hit!

Bench

They needed to move someone on to register Capewell's contract. Kevvie probably didn't know that. That's Ikin's job as of last Monday.

end of the day, the result is correct. Yes, they're still paying a considerable amount of his salary which will affect their cap, but you can't have a prop on the money he was on. Not sure if Lodge was approached to restructure. Within his rights not too I suppose.

big hit!

Bench
Go Kevvie

Hey lads, have the week off and then we'll smash you, seems a good plan

Kent on 360 said this was good as the flogging means they're setting new standards. He also had a go at sports scientists in general on triple M and the over reliance on GPS, etc putting players in cotton-wool once they've done a certain amount of work. Obviously, Broncos weren't happy with how Andrew Croll trained them to get rid of him.

Most of the time, you've got to accept that you just don't have the cattle. Not just ability, but character. If Bellamy is letting go a player like Croft, you've got to ask the question why? Bellamy will accept a little less ability. He doesn't accept a lack of effort. Lodge is another that comes to mind. Not only did Bellamy get rid of him too, but his faults publicly known.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
They needed to move someone on to register Capewell's contract. Kevvie probably didn't know that. That's Ikin's job as of last Monday.

end of the day, the result is correct. Yes, they're still paying a considerable amount of his salary which will affect their cap, but you can't have a prop on the money he was on. Not sure if Lodge was approached to restructure. Within his rights not too I suppose.

I agree with all of that, the club is in a hole and it will take some time to get out of it just with how some of the contracts are arranged, let alone the performances on the field.

We are paying a few others to play at other clubs too I think, pretty sure the Dragons have a couple that we are paying for

Chimp

Bench
Love Kevvie’s latest ‘it wasn’t me’ presser…

Keen to point out that basically everything has been taken off him, so he’s just coaching now…. Not sure there’s many other ‘Head Coach’ in the NRL who literally only coaches. Is a poor reflection on Kevvie, but he doesn’t realise that.

He’s also keen to point out ‘I’ve not been giving mixed messages’, with the emphasis on ‘I’, and then saying roster etc is other people’s responsibility, so speak to them. He won’t even talk about roster management anymore.

Shambles of an appointment, as everybody apart from Tallis, Renouf and Close could foresee.