What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Case for Adelaide.....

RedVee

First Grade
confirmed in news reports they are looking at 15k and no pitch size, only suitable for basketball and netball. Soccer is blowing up.
I meant 22k, pref 26-30k before.

but I agree with soccer on this one, what a waste - I don’t imagine there would be appetite to go again on another site for rectangular pitch sports.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I meant 22k, pref 26-30k before.

but I agree with soccer on this one, what a waste - I don’t imagine there would be appetite to go again on another site for rectangular pitch sports.

Tbf it’s al ost impossible to build an indoor arena suitable for rugby and soccer without spending a motza. They need an indoor venue for concerts etc more than a stadium at the moment.
I wouldnt exclude this being the end of hope of a decent rectangular stadium sometime in the future, it won’t happen whilst they only have one minor rectangular sport club though.

I remember back in the day the Reds seriously considered playing in the Burswood dome but the pitch was too big an issue. It was big enough but they couldn’t get a grass pitch to survive in it,

Tbf it’s al ost impossible to build an indoor arena suitable for rugby and soccer without spending a motza. They need an indoor venue for concerts etc more than a stadium at the moment.
I wouldnt exclude this being the end of hope of a decent rectangular stadium sometime in the future, it won’t happen whilst they only have one minor rectangular sport club though.

I remember back in the day the Reds seriously considered playing in the Burswood dome but the pitch was too big an issue. It was big enough but they couldn’t get a grass pitch to survive in it,

I was a thought of mine with the concept - how to get a decent grass pitch on a multi-purpose arena. But it was all in the concept design... It's definitely a tough enough ask in stadiums where the roof coverage is significant... shadows etc. But add on multipurpose venue... I though they might be going with some form of astroturf...

Hindmarsh Stadium will still be redeveloped for the Womens Football World Cup. I think the "trade-off" for Adelaide United is that they'd have an upgraded stadium which is a true rectangular arena with fans so close to the action. However the far bigger appeal would be to have a true pitch integrated with the Riverbank Arena..

Pippen94

First Grade

Why wouldn't they use artificial turf like nfl

Pippen94

First Grade
You can’t play rl on artificial turf. Even at places like Widnes that only part artificial there has been massive complaints about the pitch. I’ve played AF on artificial turf and trust me you wouldnt want to play RL on it unless your in a full wetsuit!

NFL have been doing it for I don't know how long

Perth Red

Post Whore
NFL have been doing it for I don't know how long

when you are fully suited up then yep its possible (though having done it I still hated playing on the artificial pitches for the burns you’d get and always seemed a lot harder on knees and ankles.) Good luck playing on a synthetic pitch in shorts and short sleeves and with no helmet to protect your head when it hits the hard surface!

when you are fully suited up then yep its possible (though having done it I still hated playing on the artificial pitches for the burns you’d get and always seemed a lot harder on knees and ankles.) Good luck playing on a synthetic pitch in shorts and short sleeves and with no helmet to protect your head when it hits the hard surface!

Agreed, share prices in mercurochrome n dettol would go through the roof.

Had to drop my missus’ daughter to her Aussie rules game here in Adelaide this arvo..

Saw the opposition jerseys.... something very familiar about them....

images

RedVee

First Grade
Had to drop my missus’ daughter to her Aussie rules game here in Adelaide this arvo..

Saw the opposition jerseys.... something very familiar about them....

images

They put a map of the female reproductive system as the women’s team logo?

Each player gets their name on the logo? This one for Marion of course.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Christchurch Bears - play 2 games a season at North Sydney Oval, and it gives NZ a second team.

Pipedream for the Rams to ever return, sadly.

Question............... is there a Adelaide Rams team playing in the South Australian RL comp and if not why not? someone should bring them back (Granted even if their is a SARL comp)