What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

St Tangles

Bench
Nothing. He said, "I'm not going to rule anything out... we'll treat every case on its merits." What else was he going to say?

Stupid question from the tabloid media trying to create the story. But can hardly blame them given the number of people willing to buy their spiel.
Our players have definitely handed them the ammunition

Dragon David

First Grade
Our season is over irrespective of deduction of points if incurred. Most of the players who went to Vaughn's place are first graders. They will cop fines and there will be suspensions. Whoever represents us for the next 2-3 games, which are tough without these suspensions, will only be making up the numbers and our for and against will be drastically affected by the high scores put on us by the Sea Eagles, Titans and Rabbitohs.

No use watching any further games this year. We are deadset goners!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Our players have definitely handed them the ammunition
They don't need much ammo to get a reaction.

We still know very little about the circumstances.

I respect that people are in lock down and that can be a real piss off. But imo the best course of action is to wait until after the matter has been investigated before taking the tabloids on their word.

Anon

Bench
So Abdo says no bio security breach as only players in attendance but obviously a breach of protocols has taken place. If this is the case anything harsher than fines would be yet another instance of Dragons being treated more harshly than other clubs. I honestly hope the club tell the NRL if they suspend the 12 players we’ll be forfeiting all games while they are missing.

Illusion

Bench
Our season is over irrespective of deduction of points if incurred. Most of the players who went to Vaughn's place are first graders. They will cop fines and there will be suspensions. Whoever represents us for the next 2-3 games, which are tough without these suspensions, will only be making up the numbers and our for and against will be drastically affected by the high scores put on us by the Sea Eagles, Titans and Rabbitohs.

Well it will be just another excuse why they didn't make the 8 ...... Anyway might unearth a younger player coming through ......

St Tangles

Bench
They don't need much ammo to get a reaction.

We still know very little about the circumstances.

I respect that people are in lock down and that can be a real piss off. But imo the best course of action is wait until after the matter has been investigated before taking the tabloids on their word.
They may not need it but by holding the party they have been given it.
13 people fined 12 of which are players can't be too many excuses for that.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yep Weidler the germ who talks like it has hit him personally, could not wait to ask the NRL about competition points deductions.
Why punish the supporters, sponsors and other players not involved,
fine the players where it hurts in their paypacket as much as you like fine the club heavy if you have to
Taking points of, for not anything relating to cheating just damages those too not involved more than they deserve
Just my opinion..but it wont be Danny's he hopes we are booted out for this year.
Yeah that shits me. Why does the club need to punished? They are such parasites, that's their job done for the next week at least they can just kick back and milk this one for all its worth. Repeat offenders like Vaughan fair enough sacked. The others a hefty fine, suspension and good slap on the wrist should suffice.

I don’t really “get” the bubble anyway.

Player A lives with wife. Wife works at local pub. Wife is in contact with 100 people a day.
Comes home and spreads pub covid germs throughout Player A’s house.

What am I missing?

blacksafake

First Grade
Will be interesting if all of them are suspended for a long period of time. The club will be lucky to field a team in the meantime which could but unlikely force the club to forfeit which would therefore cause the nrl to break their tv obligations.

Gardenia

Juniors
So if this is true, they have spit in the face of the law, the fans, the team and the game.

Whoever is involved should have there contract torn up I don't care the calibre of the player, this behaviour is that of anti-maskers and anti-vaccine, completely idiotic and selfish everybody had to follow the law whether it's Russell Crowe or Joe nobody what makes these guys think they are above the law?
To be fair Sydney’s beaches and parks are full of people. And these guys are in a bubble
That said it’s not good enough and they are stupid

BIG RIG

Juniors
Full List of Players under investigation are

- Matt Dufty
- Gerard Beale
- Zac Lomax
- Jack Bird
- Corey Norman
- Blake Lawrie
- Paul Vaughan
- Josh Kerr
- Kaide Ellis
- Josh McGuire
- Tyrell Fuimaono
- Daniel Alvaro

So worst case if everyone is suspended our potential team would be

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Cody Ramsey
3. Max Feagai
4. Brayden Williame
5. Jordan Periera
6. Junior Amone
7. Ben Hunt
8. Jayden Hunt
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Poasa Fa’amusili
11. Billy Burns
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Adam Clune
15. Jackson Ford
16. ????
17. ?????
Only other players in the squad are
- Matt Feagai
- Billy Brittain
- Hayden Lomax ?? - I don’t know if his in the bubble

Other players in the bubble but are unavailable are
- Jayden Sullivan
- Mikaele Ravalawa
- Cam McInnes

and I expect the NRL will suspend them as a way to show how tough their stance is on this matter

So tough tough times ahead and I am left scratching my head into how we can field a team against Manly

I wonder if we are allowed to use players from outside of the Squad e.g Shalom

blacksafake

First Grade
Yep Weidler the germ who talks like it has hit him personally, could not wait to ask the NRL about competition points deductions.
Why punish the supporters, sponsors and other players not involved,
fine the players where it hurts in their paypacket as much as you like fine the club heavy if you have to
Taking points of, for not anything relating to cheating just damages those too not involved more than they deserve
Just my opinion..but it wont be Danny's he hopes we are booted out for this year.
The bloke is a parasite.