What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Gardenia

Juniors
We can fill a team with mostly reserve graders . But if any of them are injured we would need to forfeit
Will be interesting if all of them are suspended for a long period of time. The club will be lucky to field a team in the meantime which could but unlikely force the club to forfeit which would therefore cause the nrl to break their tv obligations.

Gareth67

First Grade
So very disappointed to wake up to this news that the players have yet again let down their fans , club and sponsors with such an idiotic display of ‘ jack you - I will do what I want ‘ .

Their attitude is totally wrong , no common sense and certainly no concern about their own health and wellbeing in the middle of a pandemic which has all but brought the country to its knees .

Stupid , stupid behavior coupled with an absolute disrespect to the team itself .

blacksafake

First Grade
Full List of Players under investigation are

- Matt Dufty
- Gerard Beale
- Zac Lomax
- Jack Bird
- Corey Norman
- Blake Lawrie
- Paul Vaughan
- Josh Kerr
- Kaide Ellis
- Josh McGuire
- Tyrell Fuimaono
- Daniel Alvaro

So worst case if everyone is suspended our potential team would be

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Cody Ramsey
3. Max Feagai
4. Brayden Williame
5. Jordan Periera
6. Junior Amone
7. Ben Hunt
8. Jayden Hunt
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Poasa Fa’amusili
11. Billy Burns
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Adam Clune
15. Jackson Ford
16. ????
17. ?????
Only other players in the squad are
- Matt Feagai
- Billy Brittain
- Hayden Lomax ?? - I don’t know if his in the bubble

Other players in the bubble but are unavailable are
- Jayden Sullivan
- Mikaele Ravalawa
- Cam McInnes

and I expect the NRL will suspend them as a way to show how tough their stance is on this matter

So tough tough times ahead and I am left scratching my head into how we can field a team against Manly

I wonder if we are allowed to use players from outside of the Squad e.g Shalom
Looking at that team we’re in trouble.😩

Gardenia

Juniors
Full List of Players under investigation are

- Matt Dufty
- Gerard Beale
- Zac Lomax
- Jack Bird
- Corey Norman
- Blake Lawrie
- Paul Vaughan
- Josh Kerr
- Kaide Ellis
- Josh McGuire
- Tyrell Fuimaono
- Daniel Alvaro

So worst case if everyone is suspended our potential team would be

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Cody Ramsey
3. Max Feagai
4. Brayden Williame
5. Jordan Periera
6. Junior Amone
7. Ben Hunt
8. Jayden Hunt
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Poasa Fa’amusili
11. Billy Burns
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Adam Clune
15. Jackson Ford
16. ????
17. ?????
Only other players in the squad are
- Matt Feagai
- Billy Brittain
- Hayden Lomax ?? - I don’t know if his in the bubble

Other players in the bubble but are unavailable are
- Jayden Sullivan
- Mikaele Ravalawa
- Cam McInnes

and I expect the NRL will suspend them as a way to show how tough their stance is on this matter

So tough tough times ahead and I am left scratching my head into how we can field a team against Manly

I wonder if we are allowed to use players from outside of the Squad e.g Shalom
Not looking good . If we scrape a team up and anyone gets injured it’s game over

ozbuck

Juniors
The worst part of this is how many of them were involved.

Now to see if from another point of view: If everyone who was at Vaughn's house was part of the "bubble" then the risk or infection was basically zero....that is assuming no one from outside of the bubble had been at vaughns house earlier in the day or two before. It would be like they were sitting in a dressing room having the gathering -- I'm talking from the risk of infection point of view.

Looking at it that way, Dugan attending an Eastern suburbs restaurant (those suburbs a known hotspot last week) is 1000x more risky in terms of infection and then coming back into the playing group and passing it on and causing an absolute mess.

I'm not defending the players. The level of stupidity to do what they did does not need to be said and they deserve all punishment. However, taking the emotions out of it from the moral side of things, looking at it logically; if the only people who were there were in the "bubble" then what they did was a very very very low risk thing in terms of covid-19.

But they broke the law (both government and NRL), and that's what this is really being judged on..... As it should may I add.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You will not lose points but by standing down all players for 14 days you are indirectly losing points anyway by losing those ganes
That is fine, we can lose them the good old fashioned way. It was about half the squad, and none of the supporters that did it. The remaining players deserve to be able to have a dig for the remainder of the players suspension.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Will be interesting if all of them are suspended for a long period of time. The club will be lucky to field a team in the meantime which could but unlikely force the club to forfeit which would therefore cause the nrl to break their tv obligations.
This makes me think that the NRL also will try to sweep this under the rug somewhat. I did notice he mentioned there were no players outside the bubble which is a bonus. Lets hope they don't dock us points but have lengthy suspensions. I would rather just lose the players and let the remaining rag tag team we have scrap it out to try and get some wins. I think it is safe to say our season is over regardless, really feel for hook.

Gardenia

Juniors
remember coach Bennett attended a restaurant, breaching the rules last year
and the house where the party held, could have been contaminated with corona. thats why the stay at home covid rules
and Bondi coogee walk is allowed its exercise
you said it was only the players who attended,
reports are different to that
So they have broken the bubble oh dear

Dragon David

First Grade
Well it will be just another excuse why they didn't make the 8 ...... Anyway might unearth a younger player coming through ......
It might be a blessing in disguise if the younger replacements fire. If nothing else, will be good for the experience and Hook can see what we could have moving forward in 2022 sooner rather than later.

JamesRustle

First Grade
If they were all there for the purpose of compassionate needs, there is no problem.

Maybe most of the team is living at the Vaughan residence, paying rent, hope they drew up a share house lease agreement last night...

Gardenia

Juniors
Vaughan does want out I reckon, his form over the past 2 weeks was far superior to prior games and he is playing to impress someone. He will get his wish after this but he may not have anywhere to go now.
Well thats shit of him if that’s true

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The bloke is a parasite.
He's doing his job. Think about it, all he had to do was ask Abdo the question about stripping points. Then fans suddenly go into a spiral. If we don't react, he has nothing.

People can talk about the players providing the ammo, but it's the fans who are lining up to pay for the shots.

Tabloid media = B Ark candidates.

As for players stuffing up, I really don't have a big opnion about that. Regardless of whatever took place, it seems like a minor event when compared to spreaders crossing borders and government mismanagement.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Triple M just reported that the NRL will more than likely go down extremely hard on these players with murmurs of 6 week bans plus by all reports they have to quarantine for 2 weeks aswel cause Vaughan’s wife was there

Welp Ladies and Gentlemen our season is over see you all next year 🥲

Simon

Juniors
I don’t really “get” the bubble anyway.

Player A lives with wife. Wife works at local pub. Wife is in contact with 100 people a day.
Comes home and spreads pub covid germs throughout Player A’s house.

What am I missing?
Not sure about this year, but last years players had to leave their home if their household contacts were deemed to work in ‘high risk’ roles.
I think these level 4 levels are the same as last years.

Gardenia

Juniors
Triple M just reported that the NRL will more than likely go down extremely hard on these players with murmurs of 6 week bans plus by all reports they have to quarantine for 2 weeks aswel cause Vaughan’s wife was there

Welp Ladies and Gentlemen our season is over see you all next year 🥲
If any of our replacements get injured we can’t field a team and we will have to forfeit