What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

ozbuck

Juniors
Irrespective of : if there were no members of the public there, or you see more people at Bunnings, Harvey Normans, Down at Bondi Beach or local coffee shops without masks or social distancing....or its no different than having beers in the dressing sheds....the bottom line is they broke the rules with Covid.....seriously they MUST have known that it was wrong....in all honesty did they really think that they could get away with it with that number of players in attendance without getting dobbed in by neighbours or whoever....I just cant come to grips with how idiotic and stupid that that many blokes could be....it defies logic that people can be that naive or just plain stupid or worse just dont give a stuff about the consequences .....
I see where you're coming from....it is wrong from the current nsw laws ans nrl covid laws right now. So from the moral standpoint it is WRONG.

I'm not sure if Vaughn's wife is classified as being a part of the bubble. If so, looking at it from a rational point of view; the risk of infection was practically zero. Dugan last week was much much high risk and dangerous being out in a restaurant in the eastern suburbs with friends who interact with random people from that neck of the woods. Cleary's covid incident from last year is also much much high risk and dangerous by hanging out with a few girls at the home party. Vaughn going to a cafe last year had more risk than what took place last night.

The worst part of this is that number of players who decided to go against the law TOGETHER. Its gives the whole thing a compounding effect. They literally went to the house of another teammate who they are already in a bubble with and stayed within the bubble using his house.

Would this have been a problem 2 weeks ago before "stay at home" orders were given?

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All stay chilled. Really this shouldn’t be anymore than fines for the players. Probably a genuine boo boo on rules. Nothing sneaky about it.

These posts about Bellamy and Storm never accepting this type of stuff etc. Hey they were cooking books ( described as two sets by Gallop) to hide big cap breaches.

Id be surprised if they suspended anyone.

Can’t see anything more than fines being levied.

Can’t see Newscorp sanctioning Saints fielding a reserve grade side given complaints about lopsided games week in week out.

Fine the lot of them.

NRL needs to give notice as from tomorrow to both the clubs and players that any further breaches will see players suspended and points deducted.

Anon

Bench
I'm not sure if Vaughn's wife is classified as being a part of the bubble.
Surly players partners and children are considered part of the bubble.
If they aren't and players are living with them then the bubble the players are supposed to be living in is being breached every day.

Having said that if the protocols imposed by the NRL are anything like the poorly thought out NSW Covid restrictions then it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they aren't.

As an example, Two people live together. One works in the city, so when the Sydney LGA area was put into lock down (prior to the greater Sydney lock down imposed last Saturday) any one who lived or worked there....but not visited or perhaps spent the day shopping.... was put in strict lock down but the person they lived with was free to do as they please!!!

BLM01

First Grade
I don’t really “get” the bubble anyway.

Player A lives with wife. Wife works at local pub. Wife is in contact with 100 people a day.
Comes home and spreads pub covid germs throughout Player A’s house.

What am I missing?
Play A's wife cant be living and working at a pub..and they are regularly tested
Player A in that instance would have to move in with player B
If wife in bubble then she too has to act accordingly I assume

ozbuck

Juniors
Surly players partners and children are considered part of the bubble.
If they aren't and players are living with them then the bubble the players are supposed to be living in is being breached every day.

Having said that if the protocols imposed by the NRL are anything like the poorly thought out NSW Covid restrictions then it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they aren't.

As an example, Two people live together. One works in the city, so when the Sydney LGA area was put into lock down (prior to the greater Sydney lock down imposed last Saturday) any one who lived or worked there....but not visited or perhaps spent the day shopping.... was put in strict lock down but the person they lived with was free to do as they please!!!

Yeh I see your point of view.

If kids and spouse are part of the bubble then this really isn't a big issue in terms of "danger". It's obviously a very very bad look for the game and the IMAGE of the game is paramount.

All the previous breaches have been much much more dangerous than this. I think this breach have incredibly minimal danger.

But this will be treated as a moral and political matter as it goes against lockdown laws. 2 weeks ago this probably wouldn't have been an issue.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I see where you're coming from....it is wrong from the current nsw laws ans nrl covid laws right now. So from the moral standpoint it is WRONG.

I'm not sure if Vaughn's wife is classified as being a part of the bubble. If so, looking at it from a rational point of view; the risk of infection was practically zero. Dugan last week was much much high risk and dangerous being out in a restaurant in the eastern suburbs with friends who interact with random people from that neck of the woods. Cleary's covid incident from last year is also much much high risk and dangerous by hanging out with a few girls at the home party. Vaughn going to a cafe last year had more risk than what took place last night.

The worst part of this is that number of players who decided to go against the law TOGETHER. Its gives the whole thing a compounding effect. They literally went to the house of another teammate who they are already in a bubble with and stayed within the bubble using his house.

Would this have been a problem 2 weeks ago before "stay at home" orders were given?
I see your point as well mate...look we can all see that moraly there was very little harm done so to speak and rationaly thinking probably no virus spreading took place (hopefully)....but it didnt help and the issue was exasperated because there was a stay at home order in place.....one would think that if you wanted to be sly,sneaky or plain stupid that one wouldnt do it with those numbers and especially when neighbours were in lockdown as well....at very least you would keep the noise down wouldnt you....just plain dumb imo.....anyhow we can all surmise on exactely what happened whatever the outcome we wont look good as a club

BLM01

First Grade
I see your point as well mate...look we can all see that moraly there was very little harm done so to speak and rationaly thinking probably no virus spreading took place (hopefully)....but it didnt help and the issue was exasperated because there was a stay at home order in place.....one would think that if you wanted to be sly,sneaky or plain stupid that one wouldnt do it with those numbers and especially when neighbours were in lockdown as well....at very least you would keep the noise down wouldnt you....just plain dumb imo.....anyhow we can all surmise on exactely what happened whatever the outcome we wont look good as a club
I cant wait for the reason and excuse or the I was not aware etc
There is no excuse.

BLM01

First Grade
Can’t see anything more than fines being levied.

Can’t see Newscorp sanctioning Saints fielding a reserve grade side given complaints about lopsided games week in week out.

Fine the lot of them.

NRL needs to give notice as from tomorrow to both the clubs and players that any further breaches will see players suspended and points deducted.
Too late...the media outrage will ensure there will be minimum suspensions
Fines will be one punishment
Vaughan got 2 weeks for a 1st offence last year

getsmarty

Immortal
Too late...the media outrage will ensure there will be minimum suspensions
Fines will be one punishment
Vaughan got 2 weeks for a 1st offence last year
Correct. especially after the dugan and bulldogs players incidents....I think they will come down heavily on us....and with all due respect, the players should have known better.

ozbuck

Juniors
Yep, exactly.

They will be fined more harshly than Dugan for example, but when you look at it objectively their breach is far far far more safe. These guys sweat and bleed over each other week in week out -- literally -- in their bubble. They just took the bubble to a private house.

Wrong. Guilty as charged. But they apparently never left their private bubble.

Anyway. I've made the same point now a couple of times. Enough for me

Simon

Juniors
We’re still missing one player.

I wonder how this player has kept his name out of the media. If someone can be bothered going through the ages mentioned who were fined it can probably be narrowed down.

BIG RIG

Juniors
We’re still missing one player.

I wonder how this player has kept his name out of the media. If someone can be bothered going through the ages mentioned who were fined it can probably be narrowed down.
I think it’s Fuimaono he was mentioned on channel 9 but wasn’t mentioned on the Fox League report

All this talk of breaching rules that are dumb etc are irrelevant. After what happened with the Bulldogs and Dugan, I would have assumed all clubs would have warned their players about doing anything that might breach the rules. For our guys to do this after whats already happened is just plain stupidity and i cant believe once again its happened to us.We were the most hammered team after the rules about head high tackles were changed and we were very slow learners-we have one guy out who still hasnt learnt about tackle styles changing. Now once again we lead the way in utter stupidity for breaking covid rules. I think Vaughns contract needs to be ended straight away (2nd offence-youre finished) with the proviso that no other club is allowed to sign him this year. The rest need at least $10k penalties with the same proviso-do it again and youre sacked. Im so sick of the Dragons being the club in the news for all the wrong reasons-we scraped a win this week only to have it ruined by this. Its hard enough during lockdown for the rest of us, and now we hear this. We are probably now the most hated club because of what this bunch of idiots did