What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
So Vaughan out one door and in the other
As early as this week?
we al knew it would happen
Yep and the big issue I have is that everyone is blasting the Dragons right now, but the club has done nothing but the right thing while everyone is going to end up with the players who committed the offences on the cheap and you won’t hear squat. It is extremely disappointing to say the least.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Aparently as they have not signed the document they have to isolate for 14 days and then when and if they go up and join the team they have to isolate again for 14 days. Dont know why they have to do another 14 days but I guess to join the bubble they have to ??
Don't know why they would have to no one else has to. Sounds like more media bullshit to make it look worse

RedVee

First Grade
Aparently as they have not signed the document they have to isolate for 14 days and then when and if they go up and join the team they have to isolate again for 14 days. Dont know why they have to do another 14 days but I guess to join the bubble they have to ??
Anything to punish I think

Gareth67

First Grade
Why “another month” ?

RedVee I was going by the report on Foxs - they said that the pair were currently in a 14 day lockdown , but should the situation change then they would still be required to do another 14 days before being eligible to enter the bubble in Queensland .

So that would equate to another 3 weeks , being early August before they could join the team once again .

I have only just now seen SAP58’s reply which is correct .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
I'm still waiting on the NRL to get the QLD SQUAD or at the very least Jai arrow to sign a statement saying that no other players come in contact with this "dancer".

Agree Cupper , one would expect just that , more so considering that the entire Queensland would had come into physical contact with Arrow after his midnight rendezvous with the lady of the night .

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Nice thought but you wont get him away from Melb
Maybe- but it's common for top players like Joey, Cronk etc to be involved with a couple of clubs and he wouldn't need to be full-time. Also, according to Vautin, Slater was prepared to accept an offer to coach the Maroons but it never eventuated. After what he achieved to turn Papenhuysen from a good full-back to an exceptional one I'd throw the cheque book at him.

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
Agree Cupper , one would expect just that , more so considering that the entire Queensland would had come into physical contact with Arrow after his midnight rendezvous with the lady of the night .
Not to mention the tourists

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I don’t think Lomax is going anywhere he’s still got another 3yrs to go on his contract.
Probably right- but if he's offside with the other players from the Weekend at Paul's and Jessica is in his ear about how great the Roosters are and he starts agitating for a release, I might be tempted into a player swap with Joey Manu. Zac is good but has some mistakes in him and from what I hear, Sullivan is a gun goal kicker.

blacksafake

First Grade
Maybe- but it's common for top players like Joey, Cronk etc to be involved with a couple of clubs and he wouldn't need to be full-time. Also, according to Vautin, Slater was prepared to accept an offer to coach the Maroons but it never eventuated. After what he achieved to turn Papenhuysen from a good full-back to an exceptional one I'd throw the cheque book at him.
Pap is not afraid of the collisions, unlike Dufty.

Mjab

Juniors
Pap is not afraid of the collisions, unlike Dufty.
Agree
As Ive mentioned previously Dufty should have seeked slaters input if he was serious to improve and be the best he could have been . The club should make an effort to pay slater a consultant fee to help . Now in retirement he is a free mercenary agent to offer services all over the place if he wants. Money always talks . If not interested get Mick Potter , he wouldnt be expensive if he is not tied to a club

George Dragon

Juniors
Agree
As Ive mentioned previously Dufty should have seeked slaters input if he was serious to improve and be the best he could have been . The club should make an effort to pay slater a consultant fee to help . Now in retirement he is a free mercenary agent to offer services all over the place if he wants. Money always talks . If not interested get Mick Potter , he wouldnt be expensive if he is not tied to a club
The Club approached Slater at the start of 2020 but he rejected the offer.
Just because a player or ex player is not at the club doesn’t automatically mean we never approached them.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Club approached Slater at the start of 2020 but he rejected the offer.
Just because a player or ex player is not at the club doesn’t automatically mean we never approached them.
Well if Slater rejected our offer - poo poo to him then! Too big for his boots. He missed out on getting the Maroons coaching job so suck your thumbs Slater.