What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Sea Eagles

I guess a few points about tonight as i saw it
Once again Norman is gutless and a horrible defender and attacker yet still picked. I cant believe everyone bar Hook can see this. He fooled no-one when he runs. He is my ultimate reason to give up on the Dragons every time i see him destroying our wonderful jersey with his shit play
Burns isnt a center and its been proved many times.Why persist.
To me Ramsay had almost no chances and i really dont see why hes being singled out-no mistakes in him at least
Josh Kerr-too many mistakes
Sadly for me i think DeBelin is past it.To me he offers nothing anymore. The game has changed and he hasnt. The BBQ was the last straw for me when i found out he was there. I thought he'd learned safe at home with the missus was the best bet.
Ben Hunt to me has been our best player defence and attack wise for a few games now. Shame a few of the rest cant learn from him
For a game to make-up to the fans and show some fire, it was disgusting. Very few of them seemed to be trying too hard. We were disjointed and slow.And now we have another 3 games with a different team every week. the only saving grace they have is that theres hardly any fans there to yell at them.Imagine if tonight was dished up at Kogarah.
Please Hook-get rid of Norman and bring up some juniors. I almost kicked in my TV tonight!!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I honestly thought we would win this game, however, as the game wore on it became obvious, or even say more obvious, what is wrong with our team.

Firstly, we don't have the cattle. We look at times like Dad's army, yes they will do the job, but they won't win you games consistantly.

Secondly, we don't have that player, like Tom T or Ponga, who can turn a game. In saying that, Sloan looks the goods and could develop into one, given time.

Thirdly, we are trying too hard. Besides Norman, there is this air of "having to do it all myself" eg Bird and even Hunt tonight. Some passes tonight were like they were fired out of a cannon. I would dare to say also, that the players from the BBQ, were almost playing on "I have to redeem myself" rather than skill.

Fourthly, Macca is not a 80 min hooker, but unfortunately we would need to shuffle the bench to accommodate either a bench hooker or a bench half, which would allow Hunt to move to hooker during the game.

Lastly, if I were Hook, I'd be filthy as @*^$ at what has transpired over the last 2 weeks. Plans that would have gone out the door, and having to play players he doesn't want anywhere near the team. It would have been a game he penciled in as a win, straight after Origin and would have included, Lomax, Fui and Dufty.

Disappointing would be an understatement.

thebigredv

First Grade
I guess a few points about tonight as i saw it
Once again Norman is gutless and a horrible defender and attacker yet still picked. I cant believe everyone bar Hook can see this. He fooled no-one when he runs. He is my ultimate reason to give up on the Dragons every time i see him destroying our wonderful jersey with his shit play
Burns isnt a center and its been proved many times.Why persist.
To me Ramsay had almost no chances and i really dont see why hes being singled out-no mistakes in him at least
Josh Kerr-too many mistakes
Sadly for me i think DeBelin is past it.To me he offers nothing anymore. The game has changed and he hasnt. The BBQ was the last straw for me when i found out he was there. I thought he'd learned safe at home with the missus was the best bet.
Ben Hunt to me has been our best player defence and attack wise for a few games now. Shame a few of the rest cant learn from him
For a game to make-up to the fans and show some fire, it was disgusting. Very few of them seemed to be trying too hard. We were disjointed and slow.And now we have another 3 games with a different team every week. the only saving grace they have is that theres hardly any fans there to yell at them.Imagine if tonight was dished up at Kogarah.
Please Hook-get rid of Norman and bring up some juniors. I almost kicked in my TV tonight!!

Just have to point out that Burns was in centres to cover for the early Williame injury. It was not ideal but probably the best we could do with team picked. I hope his French union team have a good physio because he seems to go down a lot. Lomax is fit and healthy but is having a cry about something and doesn't want to play.

It's a fair point Ramsey doesn't see a lot of good ball through attacking sweeps. I am not convinced by him but his effort is the most consistent of any player and hence why for now if he keeps being selected you can hardly argue. Doesn't seem to break lines open though.

Kerr and Norman will never be anything but disappointments on the field.

The second half was disgusting, I have to agree.

Disagree about DeBelin. Thought he has been excellent and tonight playing out of position was definitely in there fighting. He will cause lots of trouble for opposition in the next season or two, don't you doubt it. Has a bit of a passing game which gives us some more scoring options. Doesn't always come off though like tonight.

Dragon David

First Grade
I honestly thought we would win this game, however, as the game wore on it became obvious, or even say more obvious, what is wrong with our team.

Firstly, we don't have the cattle. We look at times like Dad's army, yes they will do the job, but they won't win you games consistantly.

Secondly, we don't have that player, like Tom T or Ponga, who can turn a game. In saying that, Sloan looks the goods and could develop into one, given time.

Thirdly, we are trying too hard. Besides Norman, there is this air of "having to do it all myself" eg Bird and even Hunt tonight. Some passes tonight were like they were fired out of a cannon. I would dare to say also, that the players from the BBQ, were almost playing on "I have to redeem myself" rather than skill.

Fourthly, Macca is not a 80 min hooker, but unfortunately we would need to shuffle the bench to accommodate either a bench hooker or a bench half, which would allow Hunt to move to hooker during the game.

Lastly, if I were Hook, I'd be filthy as @*^$ at what has transpired over the last 2 weeks. Plans that would have gone out the door, and having to play players he doesn't want anywhere near the team. It would have been a game he penciled in as a win, straight after Origin and would have included, Lomax, Fui and Dufty.

You are right with all you say Dragonslayer. If that BBQ incident didn't occur, we might have been a better balanced team for tonights clash against Manly. So stupidity beat us and will continue to do so maybe the rest of this year sadly.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

I was going to comment on each of your points, but then thought its pointless....Ive tried myself of late to put answers to our problems and you can dissect the team every which way week in week out..we simply dont have the cattle full stop

BLM01

First Grade
Poor Hook looking at him in the press conference he has aged 10 years in the past few weeks
I aged 1 year just on watching in the 1st half tonight and lost my voice and the batteries flew out of the remote when i threw it on the floor after Kerr knocked that easy catch on late in the 1st half
I was more relaxed in the 2nd half because in the blink of an eye the game was over and the expectation died again
I like Sloan, just needs to learn the art of defensive fullback play but he is a very good prospect
He is our No 1 next year

redv13

Bench
Just have to point out that Burns was in centres to cover for the early Williame injury. It was not ideal but probably the best we could do with team picked. I hope his French union team have a good physio because he seems to go down a lot. Lomax is fit and healthy but is having a cry about something and doesn't want to play.

It's a fair point Ramsey doesn't see a lot of good ball through attacking sweeps. I am not convinced by him but his effort is the most consistent of any player and hence why for now if he keeps being selected you can hardly argue. Doesn't seem to break lines open though.

Kerr and Norman will never be anything but disappointments on the field.

The second half was disgusting, I have to agree.

Disagree about DeBelin. Thought he has been excellent and tonight playing out of position was definitely in there fighting. He will cause lots of trouble for opposition in the next season or two, don't you doubt it. Has a bit of a passing game which gives us some more scoring options. Doesn't always come off though like tonight.
JDB was our best forward tonight by a long way. Did way more than his fair share and took it to em up front. I liked him at prop, some good strong runs

Hook hopefully is seeing what you are saying Big Rig. Maybe what you say will eventuate and Hook will get our roster right.

Most of our first graders are only reserve graders at best and some not even in that grade.

Hook has to get the players in each week that are actually first grade material just as the top teams have barring injuries.

Hopefully Sua has not decided to pull out of signing with us during the cooling off period.
Sua has been kept out of Souths starting side by Jacob Host - who was considered not good enough for us. So I don't think much of him as a potential saviour.
We let young, enthusiastic guys like Garrick, Host, Robson and Leilua go in favour of a Dad's Army full of old crocks who are just collecting a pay cheque and not imparting much wisdom to the emerging players we have who - to add insult to injury - have been mismanaged by their respective coaches who play them one week, not the next. If Amone and the Feagai twins are fit why are we trotting out clapped out nags like Norman, Beale and Williame?!

Lovemedragons

Juniors
The coach is not up to it, if Bellamy were appointed tomorrow this roster would start getting serious because tonight was a sign the coach has little respect in the dressing room. His continued selections of Norman and Burns (as a centre)in the face of conclusive evidence of their mediocrity is enough to do my head in. Norman completed his trifecta of three straight games letting in a simple try through his lazy defence. So why is he still there? Its not his attack, not his setup, not his speed, not his kicking game, not his goal kicking- they’re all mediocre at best. His attitude is even worse. Nothing has changed from 2020, there’s still a virus in our club, the stupidity and stubbornness is endless.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I’ve seen that given no try pretty much 9 times out of 10 over the last few years. Terrible decision.
Yet anywhere else on the field the slightest bobble in any direction constitutes a knock on? Stupid rule change. Also it was a stretch to suggest there was any downward pressure applied - particularly as the ref called it no try live, the bunker is just another piece of the NRL armoury to do us in. The judiciary has killed Ravalawa’s career and the bunker has helped put the lights out on our season. The 6 again is another one that kills us every week.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

We actually have a few players who can turn a game, unfortunately they can only seem to turn games away from us!

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
tenor.gif

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The coach is not up to it, if Bellamy were appointed tomorrow this roster would start getting serious because tonight was a sign the coach has little respect in the dressing room. His continued selections of Norman and Burns (as a centre)in the face of conclusive evidence of their mediocrity is enough to do my head in. Norman completed his trifecta of three straight games letting in a simple try through his lazy defence. So why is he still there? Its not his attack, not his setup, not his speed, not his kicking game, not his goal kicking- they’re all mediocre at best. His attitude is even worse. Nothing has changed from 2020, there’s still a virus in our club, the stupidity and stubbornness is endless.
He didn’t select Burns as a centre, he selected him on the bench. He replaced Wiliame due to injury.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

We don’t have a truly classy player, like Schuster or Turbo maybe Lomax, Sullivan and Sloan in a couple can be that guy but right now we just have a bunch of workhorses.

TruSaint

Referee
Really poor second half.

45 missed tackles to 13. Cant hang onto a lead with that garbage.

Seeing our back 3 trying to bring the ball out and getting thumped, just reminded me of how much Rava means to this team.

I've given Bird praise for his aggression but he's due for criticism. Poor reads in defence, cant hold onto the ball.

Expensive bbq you muppets.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
I was going to comment on each of your points, but then thought its pointless....Ive tried myself of late to put answers to our problems and you can dissect the team every which way week in week out..we simply dont have the cattle full stop
The wrong type of player and as you say the cattle .... The game has changed Lawrie , JM , Macca type of bash and barge is only good near the line ..... The Manly forwards big young mobile players that can step and off load ...... Don't get me started on Norman enough is enough ..... then we come back to the only strike power player they have and can ball play Hook doesn't want for next year ...... So if Duff played tonight would we have lost by that score even with his mistakes ...... ? For me he gets picked on for every loss ...... Anyway as I have said before move Hunt to 9 and sign a good organizing 7 ....... On Sloan the kid is good will get better ......