What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Sea Eagles

FlameThrower

Bench
I reckon Hook has made that decision now that the goal kicking has been given to Bird.
CC
FFS - I tried to wipe away “Norman the Imposter” attempt at goal kicking from my memory ...
Thats probably correct at least till Lomax arrives back on the seen....and who knows when that will be
how long can Lomax kick a can down the road ... that’s the question!

ozbuck

Juniors
Yes defensively In that situation you are right he will learn that for 1st grade
but you’re wrong about his size
he’s not 3-4 years away he has quite a good build for fullback
he’ll build up bit more in the off-season
I think he will be almost ready next year and be and improved defensive player
Dufty, Pap, Laurie, Ponga were not large when supposedly ready either
And those bagging Ramsay he too is doing fine and will be a better player next year after another off season and getting through his 1st NRL season
His future is also wing / fullback
Ponga and dufty are not physically built fullbacks when it comes to defence... Their attack can make up for it (pongal especially).

I just see him getting smashed in the next couple of years physically due to his size and that's going to lead to confidence issues. Ramsey is the same. Both have unbelievable talent...but today's game requires good decent size

Gaygo

Juniors
Yes defensively In that situation you are right he will learn that for 1st grade
but you’re wrong about his size
he’s not 3-4 years away he has quite a good build for fullback
he’ll build up bit more in the off-season
I think he will be almost ready next year and be and improved defensive player
Dufty, Pap, Laurie, Ponga were not large when supposedly ready either
And those bagging Ramsay he too is doing fine and will be a better player next year after another off season and getting through his 1st NRL season
His future is also wing / fullback
A proper game plan from the coaching staff and a team that can follow them may bring us success. Seems to work well for the storm, Penrith and South’s. A clean out starting at the Board down would most certainly help!!

The Dragons are lacking CLASS. Simple as that. Class in the halves, the centres, without Lomax, in the engine room and at the back. I think Ramsay has the goods to make a long term fullback.. aka Sullivan at half. Hook needs to settle on a player if he looks good in the position not chop and change and play blokes out of position. Yes the infamous BBQ has stuffed up cohesion and momentum but we have some good young depth coming thru. Again Hunt proved on Wednesday nite where his best position is. Cant understand all the Norman hate.

BLM01

First Grade
Ponga and dufty are not physically built fullbacks when it comes to defence... Their attack can make up for it (pongal especially).

I just see him getting smashed in the next couple of years physically due to his size and that's going to lead to confidence issues. Ramsey is the same. Both have unbelievable talent...but today's game requires good decent size
Not sure what are you talking about.
Most fullbacks ATM are not that big anymore except Lattrell and maybe Turbo who is tall and slender
Even Tedesco is getting found out in defence
Our kids are young Yes and played little reserve grade to to be catapulted into NRl
but they are not as far away as you are eluding to
Sloan has a great build and I predict both him and Ramsey will be much improved next year
Not many are an instant success in their first few games in 1st grade and Ramsay is developing fine in the effort areas in defence..next stop.. working on his running and attack play
We shall see

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Just my thoughts but I do find the bagging of some of these players interesting at times.

Ramsey: Only ever seems to get the ball inside our 20 & seldom in the attacking zone because those inside him struggle to get the ball to the right places.The hardest hit up in the game is after a kick & bringing it off your own line & he’s always willing to put his hand up to do it.

Burns: He’s an outright back rower who runs good lines who can fill in at centre. The little times he’s played in the back row he’s shown he can run the lines, even scoring off a good line recently.

Lawrie: Tries hard, tough & would be a much better player in some of the other teams with good go forward.

Ford: I thought he went ok last night with limited minutes with good leg speed & defence. I think he just needs some time under his belt.
Just my thoughts.

The wrong type of player and as you say the cattle .... The game has changed Lawrie , JM , Macca type of bash and barge is only good near the line ..... The Manly forwards big young mobile players that can step and off load ...... Don't get me started on Norman enough is enough ..... then we come back to the only strike power player they have and can ball play Hook doesn't want for next year ...... So if Duff played tonight would we have lost by that score even with his mistakes ...... ? For me he gets picked on for every loss ...... Anyway as I have said before move Hunt to 9 and sign a good organizing 7 ....... On Sloan the kid is good will get better ......
Here here. Wont happen Hunt is Hooks pet and Hunt wants to play half so Hook allows it. A good organizing 7.. oh yes.. We had the chance to do this before they forked out too much for Hunt and stuck him in the wrong position. The Rev V have lacked a clever ball playing half since Widdop. Please buy us another or develop Sullivan or one of the other youngsters into a long term one.

BLM01

First Grade
A proper game plan from the coaching staff and a team that can follow them may bring us success. Seems to work well for the storm, Penrith and South’s. A clean out starting at the Board down would most certainly
So that is 3 out of 16 that have it going right. 13 others in the same boat?
Penrith have had a longer dry run without winning a comp than us
The doom and gloom on this site about where we really are after a below average game is over the top.
Yes we have a fair way to go and change is starting and upon us but I can think of 8 other teams no better off ATM

Lawrie: Tries hard, tough & would be a much better player in some of the other teams with good go forward.
Re sign him. One of the best young props going around. Reminded me first time I saw him of a young Albert Young. So why are we lacking good go forward in your opinion? My opinion is lack of quality halves.

BLM01

First Grade
He brought him in to the club and from what I have seen so far the guy is not a first grade anything.
To many errors ATM and should of passed to Beale instead of dummying when he had the first opportunity before losing the ball in his first the tackle
But I like his energy and is a keeper as a reserve gradde / 1st back up on low money to see if he can improve / develop his game

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Re sign him. One of the best young props going around. Reminded me first time I saw him of a young Albert Young. So why are we lacking good go forward in your opinion? My opinion is lack of quality halves.
Tough, yes but imo not even in the same league as Craig Young regarding ball skills. He may develop this but to date haven’t seen evidence of that part of his game to be comparable to Young.

Last edited:

Latest posts