What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Titans

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Could well be the most important game of our season.

If we look at other games in round 19:

Eels v Raiders
Roosters v Knights
Storm v Cows
Rabbits v Warriors
Eagles v Tigers
Panthers Broncos
Dogs v Sharks

From that lot the only "certainty" in the chasing pack (Raiders, Knights, Cows, Warriors) appears to be the Sharks. Others in that pack face in form teams above them.

Now our dilemma, who to leave out this week?
Dufty, Fui & Ellis are now available, so I would leave out (ie take their 1 game suspension) Maguire, Kerr, Norman & Beale.

So, my team looks something like this (assume Williame is out injured)

1. Sloan/Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Feagai
5. JP
6. Clune/Amone
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Macca
10. JDB
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. Ford

14. JHunt
15. JT-B
16. Sloan/Dufty
17. Fui

Tempted to play Faama or Ellis in place of JHunt, but Faama's game yesterday was horrible and Ellis well?

Their biggest threats are Brimson, Fifita & Tino and we'll have a hard job containing them.

A win will give us space in the 8 race and give some confidence and relief to the team.

TruSaint

Referee
Has it been announced where the game is being played?

CBus. May change.

mickeylane

Bench
T

Eels v Raiders
Roosters v Knights
Storm v Cows
Rabbits v Warriors
Eagles v Tigers
Panthers Broncos
Dogs v Sharks

From that lot the only "certainty" in the chasing pack (Raiders, Knights, Cows, Warriors) appears to be the Sharks. Others in that pack face in form teams above them.

Dufty, Fui & Ellis are now available, so I would leave out (ie take their 1 game suspension) Maguire, Kerr, Norman & Beale.

1. Sloan/Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Feagai
5. JP
6. Clune/Amone
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Macca
10. JDB
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. Ford

14. JHunt
15. JT-B
16. Sloan/Dufty
17. Fui

Tempted to play Faama or Ellis in place of JHunt, but Faama's game yesterday was horrible and Ellis well?

Their biggest threats are Brimson, Fifita & Tino and we'll have a hard job containing them.

A win will give us space in the 8 race and give some confidence and relief to the team.
Tanoa Brown walks into the starting line up as does Fui IMO…

All year I have been happy with Bird in the centres, all of a sudden I want him at 5/8. If only Lomax was back. We have too many fly-weights in the team. Norman is a waste of space, weak, not creative, misses tackles. With Bird at 5/8 we get one more big body and he is creative. Hunt and A.M would have to do all the long kicking.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
All year I have been happy with Bird in the centres, all of a sudden I want him at 5/8. If only Lomax was back. We have too many fly-weights in the team. Norman is a waste of space, weak, not creative, misses tackles. With Bird at 5/8 we get one more big body and he is creative. Hunt and A.M would have to do all the long kicking.
Not sure about Bird at 5/8. He is not as quick as he used to be, but he is a solid defensive centre. At some stage we have got to see if Sullivan or Amone can cut it in FG. Drop Norman and give one a chance for a few weeks. Either one would certainly be no worse than Norman.

jeffdragon

Bench

Eels v Raiders
Roosters v Knights
Storm v Cows
Rabbits v Warriors
Eagles v Tigers
Panthers Broncos
Dogs v Sharks

1. Sloan/Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Feagai
5. JP
6. Clune/Amone
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Macca
10. JDB
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. Ford

14. JHunt
15. JT-B
16. Sloan/Dufty
17. Fui

Yes a win will get us breathing space.
Cmon dragons.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I would be throwing the kitchen sink at this game only resting the bare necessities an absolute must win. I would be go;
1.Dufty (Sloan is the future but we need playmakers, he will be invaluable vs Rabbits)
2.Ramsey
3.Bird
4.Feagai (Replaces Wiliame who hopefully we can suspend even though he is injured...)
5.JP (Suspend Beale, he adds good metres)
6.Norman (I would suspend him vs the Rabbits)
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Kerr
11. Burns
12. Sims
13.Debelin
14.Ford
15.JTB
16. Faamausuli
17.Fuimaono
So suspended would be McGuire, Wiliame, and Beale. This I believe gives us the best chance of winning. The following week is pretty much a hope and pray kind of week which I would keep the same side but straight swap Bird for Wiliame or Feagai, JDB for McGuire, Sullivan would come in for Norman it is time he got a run. Beale would come back in for JP unless JP cemented himself.

Dragon David

First Grade
I would be throwing the kitchen sink at this game only resting the bare necessities an absolute must win. I would be go;
1.Dufty (Sloan is the future but we need playmakers, he will be invaluable vs Rabbits)
2.Ramsey
3.Bird
4.Feagai (Replaces Wiliame who hopefully we can suspend even though he is injured...)
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Kerr
11. Burns
12. Sims
13.Debelin
14.Ford
15.JTB
16. Faamausuli
17.Fuimaono
So suspended would be McGuire, Wiliame, and Beale. This I believe gives us the best chance of winning. The following week is pretty much a hope and pray kind of week which I would keep the same side but straight swap Bird for Wiliame or Feagai, JDB for McGuire, Sullivan would come in for Norman it is time he got a run. Beale would come back in for JP unless JP cemented himself.
A good breakdown and reasons FCD.

thebigredv

First Grade
2.Ramsey
3.Bird
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Kerr
11. Burns
12. Sims
13.Debelin
14.Ford
15.JTB
16. Faamausuli
17.Fuimaono
No insult intended FCD but how can you justify Norman's selection given not only his lack of heart to put his body on the line for our club, but also given our dire need to start preparing our future prospects now. There's a reason Norman never gets injured you know. Genuinely interested in your thinking?

I'd like to see JP back in as you have suggested, as he does have the heart Norman lacks, although both Feagais in for mine and we can see if we can get a Morris type connection going. We need new.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
No insult intended FCD but how can you justify Norman's selection given not only his lack of heart to put his body on the line for our club, but also given our dire need to start preparing our future prospects now. There's a reason Norman never gets injured you know. Genuinely interested in your thinking?

I'd like to see JP back in as you have suggested, as he does have the heart Norman lacks, although both Feagais in for mine and we can see if we can get a Morris type connection going. We need new.
I would purely keep him for continuity reasons. And well and truly let him know that if he doesn't fire that will be it for him and id be looking to the future. I just feel that the combo he was building earlier in the year with Bird and hopefully Ramsey will be handy vs the Titans. We need this win and need the most experienced side on the park.

thebigredv

First Grade
I would purely keep him for continuity reasons. And well and truly let him know that if he doesn't fire that will be it for him and id be looking to the future. I just feel that the combo he was building earlier in the year with Bird and hopefully Ramsey will be handy vs the Titans. We need this win and need the most experienced side on the park.
I believe our chances improve if we play either Sullivan/Amone/Clune at 6, if prepared for during the week. The opposition are very comfortable to take us on with Norman there, granted for a little while this season he has connected well with Hunt in patches. I say throw something new at the opposition, and more importantly let's look at what we have so that we are ready to rock Round 1, 2022. If it doesn't pan out with Sulli or Amone at least we know.

We already know what Corey will dish up. If we want to push for finals let's push the envelope a little. Heaven forbid we drop from being mediocre to less than mediocre in a comp where the cream is so far above us it's demoralising at the moment.

Anyway, we both know Norman will line up providing he is not suspended so I am wasting my breath.

2.Ramsey
3.Bird
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Kerr
11. Burns
12. Sims
13.Debelin
14.Ford
15.JTB
16. Faamausuli
17.Fuimaono
Wiliame doesn’t need to be suspended. Lomax and Alvaro will cop their suspensions this week whilst quarantining in QLD. They flew up today.

Dragon David

First Grade
Even if there were no suspensions and we had a full team, including Vaughan if he wasn't sacked, the games from now on will be tough as nails. We have had full strength teams this year and still got done anyway. The makeshift team that Hook has to come up with will be a mixed bag I would imagine but the best he can come up with so let's hope that whatever the make up of the squad is, they will be in it to win it.

That’s good about Lomax but I was under the impression they had to quarantine for a fortnight there in Qld and that couldn’t be counted as time served?
My understanding is they couldn’t serve it whilst isolating for the 14 days in Sydney (their punishment for not signing the document). Now that is done, they are just joining the bubble like other players left behind (e.g. Benji, Chambers, James Roberts) and will need to quarantine in qld, as per qld gov rules (similar to the families and any other traveller really). They can serve their suspension during this quarantine period because it is a government requirement, not the NRL.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
My understanding is they couldn’t serve it whilst isolating for the 14 days in Sydney (their punishment for not signing the document). Now that is done, they are just joining the bubble like other players left behind (e.g. Benji, Chambers, James Roberts) and will need to quarantine in qld, as per qld gov rules (similar to the families and any other traveller really). They can serve their suspension during this quarantine period because it is a government requirement, not the NRL.
Fair enough so Zac should be able to serve his one week vs the Titans but he won’t be able to train before the rabbits match really so that will make it tough.

Latest posts