What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Big media coverage, nofo stood down and players still whinging about Madge.

He gave them a serve and that won’t endear him to them.

In the battle for hearts and minds, I think Madge is just too strong, especially after the storm flogging.

Sterlo agrees with me that Tim seems to be our great hope and will be a massive help to Madge.

Lots of clubs after Vaughn. He’s had a better year and sgi should have hung onto him I think.
Really screws with the players heads to lose a mate. That whole side is intensely close under Hook.

macnaz

Staff member
So the media has stated Nofo dropped from leadership group because he attended training with a hang over.. that was 6 weeks ago ffs! I call BS , there is 100% another reason behind it . I mentioned after the Storm game get ready to hear his name mentioned in talks about drama and disharmony within the club, It came a week later then I thought.

Tiger05

First Grade
They are losing and the weak among them are going to be fighting amongst each other. I hope Nofo isn't being a dick but then again if you can sack him and get his contract dollars back that wouldn't hurt. I reckon St George getting rid of Vaughan was easy because he is another overpaid dud.

They are losing and the weak among them are going to be fighting amongst each other. I hope Nofo isn't being a dick but then again if you can sack him and get his contract dollars back that wouldn't hurt. I reckon St George getting rid of Vaughan was easy because he is another overpaid dud.
I agree. He was on a massive contract compared to his on field value. I doubt he will get that elsewhere.

But his suspension period was over the top compared to his buddies.

stryker and I had an big argument over it on the sgi forum and he’s broken up with me and put me on ignore.

But the hysteria will settle down once the media loses interest. This is the way of league and I think sgi might have hung onto him for the sake of stability in the finals. He’d have been very motivated.

Now they have underlying excuse to fail.

Vozzy

Juniors
Despite his poor reads Nofo over the past 2-3 years in terms of effort has put more into the team then others especially MBye. Moses has been our biggest weak link and despite the comments not being needed by Nofo let's be honest we were all thinking the same about MBye. In saying that both Nofo, MBye, Jet and LL all need a stint in Reggies.

Like what kind of punishment is being dropped from leadership group that's like saying your no longer getting the coaches award which was embarrassing award to get when playing junior footy.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So the media has stated Nofo dropped from leadership group because he attended training with a hang over.. that was 6 weeks ago ffs! I call BS
It seems to me an example of how the Tigers management and coaching staff have lost the plot. (Continue to lose the plot) Robbie Farah was the heart and soul of the club. We send him away and we go down hill. Next Benji returns out of love for the club, we send him away and we go further down hill. Nofo is another player that is and has been the heart and soul of the club week in week out. Punish him for turning up to attempt to train even though he felt hungover and apologized to his team mates when he could have phoned in sick and not shown up at all has got to impact on his passion for the club. (It impacts on my passion for the club)They should have made him captain at the start of the season to show their gratitude for what he brings to us when he could have gone to a far more successful club where the defense didn't constantly leave him defending 2 or more players.
This news leaves me less supportive of Madge. I don't blame him for how crap we are going. I don't blame the players, they simply do not have the talent or ability to be genuine first grade NRL players. But with so few quality players don't hammer one for such a minor issue.

gordsy

Juniors
So the media has stated Nofo dropped from leadership group because he attended training with a hang over.. that was 6 weeks ago ffs! I call BS , there is 100% another reason behind it . I mentioned after the Storm game get ready to hear his name mentioned in talks about drama and disharmony within the club, It came a week later then I thought.
So what's the other agenda re this ?

stryker

First Grade
I mentioned after the Storm game get ready to hear his name mentioned in talks about drama and disharmony within the club, It came a week later then I thought.
I remember you saying this.
What we’re you referring to if not this hangover bullshit?

Fordy20

Juniors
So what's the other agenda re this ?

Probably tired of being surrounded by spastics, bludgers and losers. I wouldn't blame him if he left, just as I didn't blame Tedesco for leaving. Farah convinced Tedesco to backflip on the Raiders in order to stay and build something and then the club turns around and punts the coach and brings in Taylor who in turn forces Farah out.

Loyalty might have earned guys like Nofo and Brooks some cash, but they've sacrificed so much more by staying here and losing year and year.

macnaz

Staff member
I remember you saying this.
What we’re you referring to if not this hangover bullshit?
Nothing in particular, I've just noticed his attitude and on field performance has been changing during the year, and he seems to be close to stone kicking mode now. I feel he thinks he better then he is and his ego doesn't cope with criticism and would be the type to blame those around him while ignoring his own massive defensive floors.
Keep in mind he did post stuff on social media more or less blaming team mates for bad defencesive reads. So makes you wonder what he actually does and says within the group?

Tigerm

First Grade
Nothing in particular, I've just noticed his attitude and on field performance has been changing during the year, and he seems to be close to stone kicking mode now. I feel he thinks he better then he is and his ego doesn't cope with criticism and would be the type to blame those around him while ignoring his own massive defensive floors.
Keep in mind he did post stuff on social media more or less blaming team mates for bad defencesive reads. So make you what he actually does and says within the group?
Didn't he get dropped last year? I can't remember but did he come back a better player???

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So we are back in the hunt for Pangai Jr. I'm guessing the dialogue over time at the Tigers HQ went something like this.
Let's get Pangai Jr here asap. He would be a massive improvement on anything we've got.
Yeah he would be great for the club......
Apparently he is not interested.
Wouldn't want him here. Nothing but trouble. Lets throw 3 years and mega buck at Finucane....
Said there is absolutely no way he would play out the rest of his career with no chance of playing finals footy.
Stuff him, let's chase Pangai Jr. A small chance is better than no chance.
Yeah, then we can announce how delighted we are to sign such a quality player and all round decent bloke.

stryker

First Grade
So we are back in the hunt for Pangai Jr. I'm guessing the dialogue over time at the Tigers HQ went something like this.
Let's get Pangai Jr here asap. He would be a massive improvement on anything we've got.
Yeah he would be great for the club......
Apparently he is not interested.
Wouldn't want him here. Nothing but trouble. Lets throw 3 years and mega buck at Finucane....
Said there is absolutely no way he would play out the rest of his career with no chance of playing finals footy.
Stuff him, let's chase Pangai Jr. A small chance is better than no chance.
Yeah, then we can announce how delighted we are to sign such a quality player and all round decent bloke.
Sounds pretty legit.