What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hmm, did the Dogs players have to sign a stat dec or Jai Arrow for bringing someone in from the public to camp? Apparently the Dogs players said they were not aware that they were not to go out and the Dogs Club said that they did not notify the players. Can they sign the stat dec to say that the players were not warned? Not sure about you guys but 5 guys mingling with the public against 12 guys in a bubble at a guys house sounds a bit more severe under the bio security laws. As for Jai bringing a person outside the bubble in camp. Can he sign a stat dec saying that he or his girlfriend did not then mingle with the players after bringing her in? Seeing she is from outside the bubble isn't that more potential for spreading covid? This stat dec thing is something the Dragons board should have clearly avoided as I am sure other clubs did or would have.

BLM01

First Grade
Just on Ben Haran
our GM who is the mainstay of improving culture and overseeing all football operations at our club
Mysteriously quiet through all this!
I will keep saying it
I believe our club was lazy in this appointment just created it and filled within
it is such an important role like the CEO and I think we need a stronger person at the helm
Like a Ponissi from the Storm or Gus like figure

Last edited:
Just on Ben Haran
our GM who is the mainstay of improving culture and overseeing all football operations at our club
Mysteriously quiet through all this!
I will keep saying it
I believe our club was lazy in this appointment just created it and filled within
it is such an important role like the CEO and I think we need a stronger person at the helm
Like a Ponissi from the Storm or Gus like figure
There’s no accountability these days BM. I agree. The tigers are worse still.

Gus ran off into the night after the sgi review and was very quiet about it. Joins the dogs when players arrive and not before.

Wayne Bennet!

Dragon David

First Grade
There’s no accountability these days BM. I agree. The tigers are worse still.

Gus ran off into the night after the sgi review and was very quiet about it. Joins the dogs when players arrive and not before.

Wayne Bennet!
Gus with the big ego wants to dabble with another club. He could see that the Warriors were a rabble still even though the excuse was his leaving them was due to Covid.

Go to it Gus! Get the Bulldogs up that slippery ladder and put another $M in your bulging bank account!

Gus with the big ego wants to dabble with another club. He could see that the Warriors were a rabble still even though the excuse was his leaving them was due to Covid.

Go to it Gus! Get the Bulldogs up that slippery ladder and put another $M in your bulging bank account!
Yeah, he’s seems like a mercenary of sorts, like the tv money is not enough.

If sgi had improved after the review, no doubt he would have taken full credit for that.

He came up with “no DNA” excuse that @Gareth67 and I had a robust discussion about and we were probably both right and both wrong to some extent. What we did agree on was that Marys tenure had to end and things have been better since!

Gus was very mean about Hook. You can sack someone, but don’t denigrate them. No doubt Gus would be less than impressed with the reasonable results Hook is getting. Humiliating him with every win when he’s not supposed to be able to coach. Not perfect, but an improvement and offering hope.

Gus should publicly apologise to Hook.

Gus’s review was an hour or two of idle chit chat. Absolutely no substance to it. He spoke to very few people. All for show.
“Idle chit chat” wonderfully described!

The review ended up in the shredder before Xmas. It’s still classified or has been sent to that seed bank in Iceland to be frozen for the future.

I recall weeks of waiting for the secret “marquee off season signing” and bloody Issac Luke is trotted out -who hadn’t played a decent game in 5 years. 3 games for the club i think

I cant remember who it was but someone here said Luke had somehow gotten himself lost and had accidentally turned up the wrong club (lol).

And the glory days of the nines or the sevens or whatever it was that wiped out most of your attack before the season had f**king started!
I guess coming runner-up was worth it. I can’t even remember who won it. Does anyone know anyone who went to Alice Springs or wherever they held the f**king thing?

But Gus was fine with Mary. He was not the problem at all. It was everyone else’s fault. People read the review many times looking for any reference to the great one. Even in a footnote or obscure reference.

Even BJ threw in the towel and retired, never to work again. Still, he did work in insurance, he wants some kind of life, before he spends the rest of eternity in hell.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Now a few weeks on I'm finding this whole breach thing more annoying than when it first happened. It has now left what I feel is a big excuse hanging over us.

We hoped it could be used as a chance to unite, rally and come out more hungry but those hopes were dashed against a very understrengthed Manly team. Sure some of the players have apologised but it's not as if the fans or other stakeholders are really a consideration to them. They couldn't even respond to the same coach they betrayed after half time.

I guess winning is the best medicine. I think Griffin is managing it as best as he can but my faith in this team is severely dashed. Thank goodness for some fresh faces this week!

Gareth67

First Grade

he’ll probably get a $200 fine

I believe that some of those players need a good dose of Saltpeter in their mugs of tea each day . In fact I would recommend it 3 times daily - morning , afternoon and just before they hit the hay .

At least that is what my doc suggested - Doctor Horace Kildare , he reckons that would take the sting out of them. 😳

Kolum Kid

Juniors
I believe that some of those players need a good dose of Saltpeter in their mugs of tea each day . In fact I would recommend it 3 times daily - morning , afternoon and just before they hit the hay .

At least that is what my doc suggested - Doctor Horace Kildare , he reckons that would take the sting out of them. 😳

Dragon David

First Grade
NRL 360 normally starts the hype

There has only been a few mainstream articles on it
Why crucify a darling team like the Panthers. They have already copped it when Cleary did his tik tok time.

We copped it bad for sure when all is said and done - it wasn't a good look for us I know but the Api episode has not got those 360 guys saying too much at all. Like how Rava has been treated, our club overall just cops it.

blacksafake

First Grade
A small mention in post match
commentary on 9 last night

Fittler quickly shut it down by denying any knowledge and saying as it is under investigation “no further comment”
Ok thanks OT.
Nothing on the Fox telecast.
So the origin coach has no knowledge, Yea right :rolleyes:
What about the crucifixion of our boys whilst under investigation?
Lets see if anything develops over the weekend.