What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree Vaughny should have known better, but the thrill of it got hold of him, the Adrenalin rush of the forbidden activity. But on the scale of human evil, it’s light on.

I like to surf the radio stations from time to time. If I bump into Hadley, I’ll stay tuned only if I’m interested in the topic. When he goes full on into something such as sgi, I will listen critically, but happy to disagree and roll my eyes.

Prior to him, we had John Laws etc. I’ve heard some good things about him when he does charity and his stuff trying to help the embattled greyhounds owners.

60s era music is wonderful. All the leaves are brown…

☺️ Agree mate and as to “ All the leaves are brown on this a winters day . . .“ I am quite sure that Mama Cass would shove a chicken bone down his throat if the gal was still around .

Help detective inspector commissioner Albert crack the code to discover who else was at the party

Identify the bands from Alberts 1960s heyday:

“Cherish is the word I use to describe….”

“ in the jingle jangle….”

“To everything ( turn turn turn)”

“ she’s got it, yeah baby…”

I’m sure Albert loved his “ disco duck” on dancing nites

92DD6C4F-2E8F-4878-9B3A-86BB8666E7C8.jpeg
People swore by this song in the 1970s. Bigger than the Beatles.

Last edited:

Dragons4me

Juniors
If I had to publicly apologise for all the dumb things I did in my 20's, hell that would take months. Put it in context. I still say I don't believe there was malice in their decision. It happened when lock down was only a possibility. Not a reality. Their public apologies to all say it all really. Move on. It's only the two bit journo's and the many 40 year ex player commentators (who were perfect citizens in their playing days 🙄🙄) who are still laying the boot in. The BBQ would never have happened if they had have known what was to happen the following few days with lock down.
They're still the team and players I support each and every one of them.

Just seeing the income opportunities from the scandal.

04A1E8F1-AA15-4C06-A582-EA5E21158A7A.jpeg

Maybe a role playing computer game where you are Vaughny and you have to sneak 11 buddies from the bubble into the house, party and then escape undetected.

You can use Piggy across the road to cause a fake incident a couple of blocks away and as neighbourhood watch are distracted, Dufty can be wheeled out hidden in a yellow Otto bin for collection.

The lack of planning surrounding many aspects of the secret party worries me a bit. It doesn’t auger well for broken play decision making in the finals.

They would make for particularly hopeless criminals.

That won’t stop D.i Commissioner Albert from trying to bring them in, even a littering charge if he can make out the offence.

He always gets his man.

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
Just seeing the income opportunities from the scandal.

View attachment 50654

Maybe a role playing computer game where you are Vaughny and you have to sneak 11 buddies from the bubble into the house, party and then escape undetected.

You can use Piggy across the road to cause a distraction a couple of blocks away and as neighbourhood watch are distracted, Dufty can be wheeled out hidden in a yellow Otto bin for collection.

The lack of planning surrounding many aspects of the secret party worries me a bit. It doesn’t auger well for broken play decision making in the finals.

They would make for particularly hopeless criminals.

That won’t stop D.i Commissioner Albert from trying to bring them in, even a littering charge if he can make out the offence.

He always gets his man.
Great idea. You'd also have to fit JDB under a bed and find a way to cover up Norman's number plates when he just rolls up and parks in your driveway.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Time to stop feeding the beast and let this 'event' and what's happened since go.
Players have apologised, most signed their Stat Decs, those who haven't (as yet) have done so on legal advice, not on sone hidden agenda. Sanctions will be served and done by, at the latest, round 21 (I believe).

Our focus must now turn to OUR team that's assembled in QLD, let the players do their talking on the field. There's nothing left to say outside it.

Yes, jokes are fun, as is poking fun at the situation, but, I feel that time has past.

Time to stop feeding the beast and let this 'event' and what's happened since go.
Players have apologised, most signed their Stat Decs, those who haven't (as yet) have done so on legal advice, not on sone hidden agenda. Sanctions will be served and done by, at the latest, round 21 (I believe).

Our focus must now turn to OUR team that's assembled in QLD, let the players do their talking on the field. There's nothing left to say outside it.

Yes, jokes are fun, as is poking fun at the situation, but, I feel that time has past.
I think all the jokers and more compassionate fans are 100% behind the playing group and the club.

But if forumers want to express themselves about any lawful topic within lu rules, off they go I reckon.

I think the NRL has butchered the whole thing to the clubs detriment and the club has been too timid with their response to the nrl and deployed unnecessary vengeance against the players.

If two players got proper qualified legal advice not to sign it ( from two different lawyers I presume) then it seems a bit suspect for mine.

If you feel the time has passed, sure I respect that. But players are sensitive and they should know not everyone thinks they are bad people.

On the scale of human evil, this stupid lad party doesn’t even rate.

Does the forced apologies, stat dec, fines and other harsh penalties fix the risk of transmission of the virus?

Agree. We’re fielding a strong team against Manly. Hope we can get up 👍

thebigredv

First Grade
Lonax and Alvaro won't be flying out on Sat, it maybe later or not at all.

Obviously I don't know the complete details but they are being paid to play and are not playing. We could particularly do with a decent goal kicker right now and Zac has barely made it onto the field. Looks very selfish, and given they haven't expounded on their situation we have a right to be dirty on them.

Agree. We’re fielding a strong team against Manly. Hope we can get up 👍
Manly are overdue for a crash of some kind I’d say.

The huntster has hit some rare and scintillating form and we all know he’s a form player.

The other bonus is the new location and fresh environment. All the trouble left here in Sydney.

I’ll be expecting a red hot go from you.

SaintPeter

Juniors
It beggars belief IMO that the management at SGI, after everything that has just gone on, would allow, promote or sanction, whatever? J McGuire, as a "spokesman" for the club or players.
What ! we have no one else who is more able to explain the events etc. Come on.
It says to me that our management STILL haven't learnt how to manage.
Which we know has been a very big issue for a very long time.
Ive been a big fan of the new CEO and of Hook but there must be some serious knuckle heads on the board down there.

BLM01

First Grade
It beggars belief IMO that the management at SGI, after everything that has just gone on, would allow, promote or sanction, whatever? J McGuire, as a "spokesman" for the club or players.
What ! we have no one else who is more able to explain the events etc. Come on.
It says to me that our management STILL haven't learnt how to manage.
Which we know has been a very big issue for a very long time.
Ive been a big fan of the new CEO and of Hook but there must be some serious knuckle heads on the board down there.
Disagree. refreshingly honest, not pre read media statement prepared and non cliched.
Its about time a player talks normal and says it as it is

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Latest posts