What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooker 2022 and beyond

Slippery Morris

First Grade
According to the NRL It is worse to be in a place with other player in the bubble than the public. The QLD Govt is really thinking of booting the NRL teams out which will really be the end of the NRL and with good reason if players are pring people from the public in camp. No major blow ups going on like Saints players when it was all doom and gloom. What a week of over exaggeration we had to endure....

mickeylane

Bench
Smith re signing w Storm this week now Finnucane confirmed he’s leaving ..
they are resigned to loosing Smith when his contract is up, they will be signing up the son of a former 1st grader (not Wishart) to bring through the system next year as they did with Grant under Smith

thebigredv

First Grade
When you are so off the best teams it calls for a bit of a jostle. Just because I can...

1. Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Molo
9. Hunt (c)
10. Lawrie
11. Sua
12. Bird
13. De Belin
---------------------
14. Sims
15. Burgess
16. Fuimaono/ Kerr
17. Amone

Hunt can be our cheaper yet still somehow more expensive version of Cameron Smith.

Providing we don't make some big offseason signing (e.g. utility, prop, half or centre) that's how I would be lining them up. We can't be near done with recruitment as yet so its a bit of a futile exercise.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Close to the mark.Why Clune has been ignored is a mystery.Ben Hunt must be considered as our hooker going forward.He is on big money.Has to repay our club whether he likes it or not.My question is this.Do our replacements for Hunt and Normy improve our kicking game.

BLM01

First Grade
When you are so off the best teams it calls for a bit of a jostle. Just because I can...

1. Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Molo
9. Hunt (c)
10. Lawrie
11. Sua
12. Bird
13. De Belin
---------------------
14. Sims
15. Burgess
16. Fuimaono/ Kerr
17. Amone

Hunt can be our cheaper yet still somehow more expensive version of Cameron Smith.

Providing we don't make some big offseason signing (e.g. utility, prop, half or centre) that's how I would be lining them up. We can't be near done with recruitment as yet so its a bit of a futile exercise.
I think you will find Smith was paid handsomely at 9.. likely more than our Ben

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Listening to Flanigan Commentate - he'd be a better option.
I know we are engulfed with Bonehead players
But... (I'll leave it at that)

mickeylane

Bench

1. Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Molo
9. Hunt (c)
10. Lawrie
11. Sua
12. Bird
13. De Belin
---------------------
14. Sims
15. Burgess
16. Fuimaono/ Kerr
17. Amone

The halves are a huge problem, Clune is a reserve grader...no chance a first grader and no chance of becoming a top 4 team w Clune at 7 ....no chance..also Sullivan at 6 is not an option...doesn't play like a 5/8 is a running 7 and that's it...i do agree with Hunt at 9 he would be a revelation for us...i think if we can sacrifice a year and just play Amone/Sullivan at 6 and 7 next year and go w whatever happens, we could be a more competitive proposition in 2023 ...I think a Sloan, Amone, Sullivan, Hunt spine could work nicely...a lot of attacking excitement in that spine.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors

1. Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Molo
9. Hunt (c)
10. Lawrie
11. Sua
12. Bird
13. De Belin
---------------------
14. Sims
15. Burgess
16. Fuimaono/ Kerr
17. Amone

I think you go with Amone at 6 and Sullivan at 7. with Sloan at 1, that was the combination that won the SG Ball with Steelers wasnt it?

FlameThrower

Bench
The halves are a huge problem, Clune is a reserve grader...no chance a first grader and no chance of becoming a top 4 team w Clune at 7 ....no chance..also Sullivan at 6 is not an option...doesn't play like a 5/8 is a running 7 and that's it...i do agree with Hunt at 9 he would be a revelation for us...i think if we can sacrifice a year and just play Amone/Sullivan at 6 and 7 next year and go w whatever happens, we could be a more competitive proposition in 2023 ...I think a Sloan, Amone, Sullivan, Hunt spine could work nicely...a lot of attacking excitement in that spine.
FFS - more experiments now going into 2023. I doubt you’ll have any fans left by that stage. The Club needs to find the gaps in our squad and pay overs. We can’t afford to waste 2 more years of constant rebuilds and wishing a few juniors will come good. The successful teams all have 1-6-7-9 set and build around them. We chop and change and have no direction whatsoever. IMO Hynes was a critical signing missed. Right now we have issues across the park - and there is a stack of players leaving at the end of the year - if you go bargain bin and journeyman we will be cooked next year.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Agree with you Mickey. Many will probably suggest to keep Hunt at 7 as we would be too inexperienced with Amone and Sullivan, but i think all that might mean is we come 10th instead of12th! Who cares! Give the kids a chance to develop further and build on their combinations.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Agree with you Mickey. Many will probably suggest to keep Hunt at 7 as we would be too inexperienced with Amone and Sullivan, but i think all that might mean is we come 10th instead of12th! Who cares! Give the kids a chance to develop further and build on their combinations.
would much prefer Hunt at 9 like most
Thinking Hook is a tad pig headed and will not move him from 7 , even if it would benefit the team more

Mjab

Juniors
I think you will find Smith was paid handsomely at 9.. likely more than our Ben
he also likes having 2 contracts going at the same time one for the NRL and one for the club , if I remember rightly
everyone seems to forget he was a key player in all that salary cap rort period

Mjab

Juniors
For next year's spine I would go

1 Sloane
6 Bird
7 Sullivan
9 Hunt

2 rookie halves straight up would be a disaster for is and the kids confidence

As the season goes you could transition Amone in

Agree
Clune / Sullivan too much defensive risk and responsibility

Gomarchin

Juniors
FFS - more experiments now going into 2023. I doubt you’ll have any fans left by that stage. The Club needs to find the gaps in our squad and pay overs. We can’t afford to waste 2 more years of constant rebuilds and wishing a few juniors will come good. The successful teams all have 1-6-7-9 set and build around them. We chop and change and have no direction whatsoever. IMO Hynes was a critical signing missed. Right now we have issues across the park - and there is a stack of players leaving at the end of the year - if you go bargain bin and journeyman we will be cooked next year.
Agree - Hynes is a class above and wasn't that expensive.