What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

getsmarty

Immortal
It comes down to poor judgment on Hook’s part IMHO

... and a current propensity to deal in hypotheticals
(“in our plans moving forward”)
about players yet to perform.

Duff is a bird in the hand,

... and that’s worth 2 in the bush?

especially on a shortening contract.

I still maintain we’d’ve been Top 4 had Duff been groomed & played at 6 this year.

Teflon is Hook’s (and ours)
Mc Fail era Achilles heel

.... & Hook can’t,
or stubbornly won’t,
recognise it

History repeating...

Another coach now totally deaf to a Forum that knows its footy -

and what ‘Dragons footy’ has sadly become.

We can, however, play the waiting game

... as Aitken took down his buddy, so too will Hook’s.

And Hook’s poor judgment re hacks is just as likely to deliver us Milford next

...as he goes down trying to recreate some mythical bygone past

Quelle domage
Quelle horreur

... and Gould must be smiling
knowingly

Dufty has had what 5 years in the top grade...Agree good in attack...but rocks and diamonds....Most of the blame for his progression lies at the feet of our former coach...same as many others who left....

Griffin has made a call...He stated defense was an issue....there would be more to it....

Griffin knows more about footy than this whole forum combined....He needs to make a call in regards to future planning....We have Feagai x's 2 ..armone/sloan/Ramsey/sullivan/schiller/ etc all coming through...So if you keep dufty you risk losing some of these ...

You can't keep them all...As much as I have loved watching dufty in the red V...I wish him all the best wherever he ends up, except for when he plays against us....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I
Mate my biggest gripe is why can't Cody and Dufty be in the same team now and in the future , both players bring something different .....
I would keep both for sure. I would definitely try him at 6 at least try. He would definitely add some spark but I guess Hook knows what we all should that we aren’t winning a GF and we have to build a squad. He probably sees his future halves combo already and doesn’t see Dufty as a premiership winning fullback so just wants to build a squad around the grand final winning SG ball side.

Crush

Coach
I’m a bit disappointed in what I’ve seen from Cody so far. I thought he was the next Ponga but he looks more like a skinny Dugan.
Can he pass?
Can he kick?
All I have seen so far is a big telegraphed step. I hope he gets his confidence up and shows us his full arsenal soon, NRL is brutal and if he doesn’t take his chances at 1 he will be back on the wing before too long.

True_Believer

Juniors
He needs to make a call in regards to future planning....We have Feagai x's 2 ..armone/sloan/Ramsey/sullivan/schiller/ etc all coming through...So if you keep dufty you risk losing some of these ...

I think this is where we are at at the moment. Griffin is making that call and will continue to make that call going forward. There will be players we will let go that many on this forum will cry about. However, we have to place some trust in Griffin and what he sees in a player. He's done this before at previous clubs so has that history behind him. At this point he's setting up a team built on experience and juniors coming through. We are still a long way from a junior production line and a team comprising of NRL ready youth. I think Griffin is also using this year to "weed out" the dead wood - or at least give players a chance to impress.

I personally like Dufty and will be sorry to see him go. Yes defensively he seems to be lacking and slow to improve in that area, but he's not the only one in the team that fits into that category. Attack wise I'd rather be watching him in our team than against our team. In reality he may be just another Jai Field that got a better opportunity than he really deserved.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think this is where we are at at the moment. Griffin is making that call and will continue to make that call going forward. There will be players we will let go that many on this forum will cry about. However, we have to place some trust in Griffin and what he sees in a player. He's done this before at previous clubs so has that history behind him. At this point he's setting up a team built on experience and juniors coming through. We are still a long way from a junior production line and a team comprising of NRL ready youth. I think Griffin is also using this year to "weed out" the dead wood - or at least give players a chance to impress.

I personally like Dufty and will be sorry to see him go. Yes defensively he seems to be lacking and slow to improve in that area, but he's not the only one in the team that fits into that category. Attack wise I'd rather be watching him in our team than against our team. In reality he may be just another Jai Field that got a better opportunity than he really deserved.
Yeah agree, I also reckon if Field had the opportunity Dufty did he could have a highlights reel to match the Duftman but it wasn’t to be. I also will really miss Dufty but he’s gone. We just have to have faith in Hook and what he helped start at Penrith. He is a better coach and knows more about who will make the cut than anyone in this forum does.

jeffdragon

Bench
Yeah agree, I also reckon if Field had the opportunity Dufty did he could have a highlights reel to match the Duftman but it wasn’t to be. I also will really miss Dufty but he’s gone. We just have to have faith in Hook and what he helped start at Penrith. He is a better coach and knows more about who will make the cut than anyone in this forum does.
Do you think Hook does.,sometimes I don't think so.

Spazer

Juniors
I gotta say at least he tried today, he shows effort and I think that's why hook likes him. it was a complete mismatch having to defend against fifita and I feel sorry for the kid.

Ramsey may need more time to improve but with the feagai's and rav soon being available I think he loses his spot.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I gotta say at least he tried today, he shows effort and I think that's why hook likes him. it was a complete mismatch having to defend against fifita and I feel sorry for the kid.

Ramsey may need more time to improve but with the feagai's and rav soon being available I think he loses his spot.
he will get another chance after Rav makes his first tackle on return.

thebigredv

First Grade
Currumbin Saint and I were at the games sitting straight behind those Titian forwards, they are young and huge.
Ramsey had a real go today and was one off our better players.
CC

He always has a go but tell me how he helped us win the game today besides sacrificing his body. Zero influence bar maybe the JP try.

thebigredv

First Grade
We tend to blame our young blokes when some of more experienced don't stand up

Cody hasn't been great but our forwards are getting smashed each week

This is true but I still can't justify his selection given what else we have to try. Sloan on the wing today would have been a no brainer for mine. Max in the centres.

Ramsey would probably be a lot better player when our forwards start going forward but the same can be said for our entire backline.

St Tangles

Bench
This is true but I still can't justify his selection given what else we have to try. Sloan on the wing today would have been a no brainer for mine. Max in the centres.

Ramsey would probably be a lot better player when our forwards start going forward but the same can be said for our entire backline.
I think Max didn't travel
Still injured?

Latest posts