What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
Not surprised about Finucane signing with the Sharks, especially a 4yr deal (which imo is a tad too much) and having a 'mate' as coach.

I believe the Burgess signing is done, or very close to being done.

Missing out on Finucane also strengthens the need to re-sign Fuimaono, imo.

I'm not sure we will "chase" anyone else, and i don't believe Klemmer fits our style of play (future style). What I would like to see is Coric moved to the top 30 for next year. Exciting young lock/prop.
Sorry, Fuimaono doesn’t excite me at all ‘ glorified ressies player ? Or is it just me ?

denis preston

First Grade
What I find interesting is if the price of $650k per year is correct for a representative forward of Finucane's standing, and it was too much for Storm to keep him, then how much less are the rest of their forwards getting? Should offer Vaughan's money to Asofa who is a beast.
Great point !

BLM01

First Grade
oh dear, that kind of ruins the bagging of the 4th year! Don’t be a spoil sport.

oh and if $750 a year for 3 years then become a source for some to suggest he isn’t worth it, that’s just rubbish.
I certainly have not said he is not worth it. but see why the Sharks are hedging their bets on Year 4 at 34
But i see 750K a lot for a prop type player regardless of what he brings on and off the field
But good luck to you guys wininng the signing battle over 6 others

thebigredv

First Grade
I certainly have not said he is not worth it. but see why the Sharks are hedging their bets on Year 4 at 34
But i see 750K a lot for a prop type player regardless of what he brings on and off the field
But good luck to you guys wininng the signing battle over 6 others
Not only is it a fantastic signing but one we needed more than them as a team, as a club. Would love to know the rationale. Money is not our problem. Year 4 of the contract could potentially be a problem but a smart risk worth taking. Really big coup for our neighbours. Still, never worth crying over these types of things.

getsmarty

Immortal
Not only is it a fantastic signing but one we needed more than them as a team, as a club. Would love to know the rationale. Money is not our problem. Year 4 of the contract could potentially be a problem but a smart risk worth taking. Really big coup for our neighbours. Still, never worth crying over these types of things.

1/. Relationship with fitzgibbon via N.S.W
2/. Nicko hynes signing
3/. Previously lived in the area.

BIG RIG

Juniors
From what I read on nrl.com we ended up offering a 4th year because of Cronulla who upped there’s because of the Tigers lol

getsmarty

Immortal
Reckon they got a great player at a price that is about right in this market. Start going higher and longer and it gets risky so put it down to a good signing by Sharks and good luck to them (not!).
Yep...time will tell...Solid player but not many look as good outside the Storm system.

I.M.H.O risky signing on a 4 year deal....( I would have thought that even if we signed him.)...

Turning 30 this year...would have been ok with 2 to 3 year deal...but that's what happens when the market is skinny and multiple clubs want the same player.

slippery5

Juniors
Yep...time will tell...Solid player but not many look as good outside the Storm system.

I.M.H.O risky signing on a 4 year deal....( I would have thought that even if we signed him.)...

Turning 30 this year...would have been ok with 2 to 3 year deal...but that's what happens when the market is skinny and multiple clubs want the same player.
Cooper Cronk ring a bell???

BLM01

First Grade
It was down to us and the Sharks....I stated the reasons which swayed the deal from good sources...
Dragons even offered a higher 4th year salary than Sharks
Reported by James Hooper
Tigers offered the whole 4 years at big money at the 11th hour which made Sharks and Dragons go from 3 to 4 and put their best 4th year offer in
Sharks still won with the lowest
Dragons tried.. different to what people in here are assuming
Least Dragons made the GF in the race :)

mickeylane

Bench
Id go all in for B Smith.

Play macca at 9 for first 50 mins
B smith starting lock for 30 mins before a rest and replace macca for last 30 at hooker
De belin starts on the pine but plays 50 mins at lock

Wishful thinking?
re signing w storm this week, reported on the weekend..

Dragon David

First Grade
I truly believe that the Dragons could had offered Funucan the keys to the Royal Mint and he still would had gone elsewhere .

Which brings me the point , do the Sharks have those keys on loan from the Bulldogs at the moment who in turn borrowed them from the rorters ? 🤔
This just goes to show that we cannot attract any "exemplary" players to our club even though as BLM01 said, we offered more for the 4th year than the Sharks for Finucane.

Rumours of negotiations with big named players linked to us to me will always be wishful thinking rather than a reality. Because really, who would want to join our rabble after the way we have conducted ourselves off the field with most of our "top" players (who are only making up the numbers anyway) and the indiscretion by a certain player late in 2018 and our lack of "true" coaching men over the past 10 years plus our current BOD set up, the joint venture itself and being in 2 geographical locations.

Cronulla from what I can see is definitely on the up. They have won a premiership by beating the Storm no less and they are building into a better business like enterprise.

We are just sailing along with what little breeze there is in our sails to languish in the bottom half of the competition infinitum.

BBTB

Juniors
This just goes to show that we cannot attract any "exemplary" players to our club even though as BLM01 said, we offered more for the 4th year than the Sharks for Finucane.

Rumours of negotiations with big named players linked to us to me will always be wishful thinking rather than a reality. Because really, who would want to join our rabble after the way we have conducted ourselves off the field with most of our "top" players (who are only making up the numbers anyway) and the indiscretion by a certain player late in 2018 and our lack of "true" coaching men over the past 10 years plus our current BOD set up, the joint venture itself and being in 2 geographical locations.

Cronulla from what I can see is definitely on the up. They have won a premiership by beating the Storm no less and they are building into a better business like enterprise.

We are just sailing along with what little breeze there is in our sails to languish in the bottom half of the competition infinitum.
Our board, is pathetic. The players & their managers know this... Till we change our Governance & rid ourselves of these "Gordon's".
Nothing will change. Hook & his " Dads army"
Is a mere distraction. It's in place, to shut up the members for a while... This board, & Andrew ( I know nothing about rugby league) Gordon, has to go.
A real clean out, of administration is what's needed.

Latest posts