What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

t-ba

Post Whore
It was $20 a ticket for last nights Double Header and $10 a ticket for tonight’s single game.
I don’t know how many more people would turn up if it was free.

Edit: I just realised the initials for double header is gets filtered to FAKE

Huh

DH

lol.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
The segregating and sexist language in your quote almost sounds like it came from Vlandys himself, though is a long way from what would be a successful marketing campaign.

That's a little precious. It was a reference to V'Landys comments on AFL in QLD last year and a Lord of the Rings meme lol.

It was $20 a ticket for last nights Double Header and $10 a ticket for tonight’s single game.
I don’t know how many more people would turn up if it was free.

Edit: I just realised the initials for double header is gets filtered to FAKE

99c instead of $1 is still a successful marketing technique. People will turn up for free lunch.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
2,979 at Cbus for Souths-Canterbury

----

Round 18 total: 62718
Round 18 average per game - 8 games: 7840
(Round 18 average per event - 5 events: 12543)

2021 cumulative attendance (to R18, 129 matches): 1687842
2021 average (to R18, 129 matches): 13084

Note: average does not include seven zero-crowd matches played up to Round 17 due to COVID-19 restrictions. Average calculated per game where crowds permitted, double headers count as 2 games.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It's probably hard to do that, given that you don't know what will happen by the start of the first game.
It is pretty easy for refunds to be put through, pretty much just a few buttons being clicked from the ticketek/ticketmaster end. They should be organised and have the games on sale

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's probably hard to do that, given that you don't know what will happen by the start of the first game.
Should just make every ticket $10 and $5 for kids. Then if it gets cancelled people are likely not to ask for money back. 10,000 at $10 and reasonable looking stadium is a better outcome for the game than 3,000 at $30-40.

Dugtrio

Juniors
That's a little precious. It was a reference to V'Landys comments on AFL in QLD last year and a Lord of the Rings meme lol.

99c instead of $1 is still a successful marketing technique. People will turn up for free lunch.
Ah sorry, I didn’t pick up the references

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Ticket sales in Brisbane today are garbage. Looks like 15k.

I was expecting more. Neutrals (unfortunately) are probably at the lions. the 20k-ish ticketed Broncos members would be refusing to put more $$$ into painful viewing. Mask mandate won't help with drawing in punters.

There is a chance that Melbourne Penrith next week will draw more.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Parramatta Eels (10) v Canberra Raiders (12)
Thu 22 Jul 7:50PM at Cbus Super Stadium (Crowd: 2566)

Sydney Roosters (28) v Newcastle Knights (8)
Fri 23 Jul 6:00PM at Sunshine Coast Stadium (Crowd: 2868)

North Queensland Cowboys (16) v Melbourne Storm (20)
Fri 23 Jul 7:55PM at Queensland Country Bank Stadium (Crowd: 14924)

Brutus

Referee
Why the restricted seating arrangements at Suncorp?

No covid cases in Brisbane last time I looked.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Was just looking at the costs for Manly v Cronulla at Redcliffe. $39 for half way. $35 for B reserve. $19 for GA. Given the crowds so far. You think they would go easier. Say $29 for halfway. $20 for B reserve. $10 bucks as they do for QLD cup games for GA.

Looking as I'd like to see Dogs v Tigers next week at Redcliffe.

beave

Coach
Was just looking at the costs for Manly v Cronulla at Redcliffe. $39 for half way. $35 for B reserve. $19 for GA. Given the crowds so far. You think they would go easier. Say $29 for halfway. $20 for B reserve. $10 bucks as they do for QLD cup games for GA.

Looking as I'd like to see Dogs v Tigers next week at Redcliffe.
I paid $100 yesterday for a lower eastern seat on the 25m line for NQ v Bris (and obvs the Tigers V Warriors prior)

f**king ridiculous.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The NRL should just sell Brisbane COVID memberships to the Brisbane public that cover all NRL games during this period or maybe sell the memberships per stadium.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I suspect ticketing is still in the hands of the "home" club.
Yes I would imagine so. Here is yet another opportunity for the NRL to take control and apply a bit of strategy in a region that they are supposedly wanting to expand in and they are not really making the most of it. As you quite often say though, the NRL and strategy don't really go hand-in-hand.

Latest posts