What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

MugaB

Coach
I don't know about all clubs being mandated to build independent NRLW brands, but I am a fan of clubs -where possible- doing so.

Some clubs' emblems are gender neutral, so don't need to change it up (Sharks, Dragons, Sea Eagles, Storm, ect).

Some clubs' emblems are probably better remaining as they are, as they could be considered patronising or inferior if they chose to change to more female-based versions of their NRL club emblems (Knights/Maidens, Roosters/Hens (or worse, Chicks!), Broncos/Fillies, Cowboys/Cowgirls, ect).

The only one I can think of quickly that would benefit from this mandate idea of yours is in fact the Raiders/Valkyries.
I like the idea, but it would need to be done well.
Cowboys/Gold Stars =they already are a team with a seperated womens club name, as far as the valkelyries, i think uts an awesome idea,
Need to come up with better names for the rest of the current NRLW teams, of the roosters, titans, dragons, eels, warriors, broncos

GAZF

First Grade
All NRLW teams must have the suffix "-ettes" in their mascot name if they're any hope of being taken seriously.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I know it's a little thing but it's always bugged me about the Warriors NRLW team. The traditional Warriors logo has the tongue poking out - this is known as a pukana and signifies ferocity, passion, etc. But in Maori culture only a man will poke his tongue out for a pukana - women will keep their mouths closed and stick their chins out.

When they started doing "Pukana Cam" at Mt Smart games they'd often remind the crowd of the difference between the mens and womens pukanas. If / When the Warriors NRLW team comes back I'd love to see an updated logo to reflect this.

sempmrh

Juniors
It was always planned to wear the Indigenous jersey this week - I guess the Knights didn’t get the memo.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I would say the Knights home jersey would have looked better against Melbourne’s indigenous. Same as when they play the roosters, adding white to their kit (even though it’s the main colour) seems to make the clash worse to me.

EDIT: just saw the post above. My point still stands with the knights away looking bad against teams that have white in their kit like the rooster, Raiders, Warriors, bulldogs, manly

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I would say the Knights home jersey would have looked better against Melbourne’s indigenous. Same as when they play the roosters, adding white to their kit (even though it’s the main colour) seems to make the clash worse to me.
As per the tweet from the Storm ⬆️ that was the plan, but the kit man obviously didn't pack the right one. Happens

Storm80

Juniors