What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY thread @ Mackay 29/7/21

emjaycee

Coach
You don't think the roster is better than what we are tossing up??? We got smashed by the Roosters B team tonight. It was a gutless performance from a tired side out of ideas. Our attack is beyond embarrassing and it has been for a long long time. If only our players weren't so dumb, limited and lazy!!!!
Roosters B team still had 3 Origin players and a couple of internationals.

And yes, I do think our roster can play better than what they have been tossing up. We played better against a lot of teams this year and last. I just don't think our squad is any better than a team that should (and probably will) finish around 6th place. That's on the coach AND the players.

I have never said it's not on the coach, but you seem fixated that it's not on the players. Who the f**k dropped the ball with an open line the last 2 weeks - surely not the guy in the number 13 jersey. Must have been the guy in the blue shirt or did he just tell him to do it?

Angry_eel

First Grade
We're done for the year. The team which was winning earlier in the year, isn't this team. Maybe Arthur is making these strange decisions because he's worried for his job.

Good thing is I'm not expecting anything from here on in. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win another game this year.

Cleary's injury in Origin and Mitch being picked may go down as just about the worst thing that ever happened to this club player wise.

The post might sound incredibly pessimistic but I swear it looked like tonight was a 15 v 16 match and we were 16. Even Gutho was not his usual self.

lucablight

First Grade
To'o
Staines
Ado Carr
Johnston

All picked before Sivo and Fergo.
Braiden Burns and George Gennings might be the only ones that would come near displacing.

Opacic doesn't get picked in any of their top 17's and Smith and Jarthurs aren't first choice in our team. Why would they be in the top 3 teams?
Staines isn’t better than Sivo or Fergo.

eels_fan

First Grade
He's one of the dumbest players that has ever put on our jersey. I f**king can't stand him.
Was playing great tonight before injury. Our best back up until then with strong runs and hitting hard in defence. His shit start to the year seems to have jaded everyone to the point that now when he plays well everyone still bags him.

You know why he doesn’t pass to sivo? Because the the lazy as hell winger is NEVER in position

Gazzamatta

Coach
Reckon we can get a partial refund? Second year in a row we can't use them.
Yeah. Ill be back next year. This one looks a goner but with no leadership changes its probably whats expected. Hopefully we get at least one new voice in the off season. Id like to see the back of Kidwell, D is unreliable, Murphy, A is attrocious, Grima former skills coach whos best effort within the club appears to be as weekly guest on a well known podcast and Johns who has proven yet again he has nfi as a halves coach. Id also like MON to have more of a voice if he hasnt one already. Lets see how serious our board and CEO are in advancing our cause because going into season next unchanged isnt an option. Dont blame the players. They were all thought good enough to sign and re sign. Regardless, Ill continue to enjoy this season. Even crap footy is better during a lockdown.

eels_fan

First Grade
BA: “effort was good, made dumb plays.” “If we’d scored a try first in the second half it may have been different”

FFS!!! That can’t be BA’s response after every loss. If we keep making dumb plays, then hold the players to account for it and dump them.

Gazzamatta

Coach
BA: “effort was good, made dumb plays.” “If we’d scored a try first in the second half it may have been different”

FFS!!! That can’t be BA’s response after every loss. If we keep making dumb plays, then hold the players to account for it and dump them.
Silly you. That was last weeks Post Game Presser. Catch up dude.