What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

roofromoz

First Grade
Storm v Panthers in Mackay tonight. Reportedly.

EDIT - From ONE (just the one, and unverified) tweet on Twitter.

Carry on.

Last edited:
A little while away yet but….

I wonder what the contingency for the finals, GF is…

Brisbane seemed a moral to get it, but it needs to be fluid with COVID issues that may pop up.

If COVID kicks off in Qld…..

Could it go to Melbourne, Perth or even Adelaide… assuming they remain covid-free…

Or…. stretching it further..

Auckland….

Grapple

Bench
They first did the shutdowns last year because they didn't want the hospitals to be overrun. Know they are just overreacting. The rest of the world is understanding we have to learn to live with Covid-19 and all the variations because it will be now with us forever. Australia has yet to accept this important point. If we continue down this path we won't open up our borders for 100 years.

This latest 'outbreak' is confined to one family. And based off previous Qld lockdowns in the past 7 months, this was an overreaction. They are only doing this because that is what they think the people want. But the more times you lockdown, the less effective they become because people become sick of them.

I think so too, but of course I agree with most of people here don't wanna step outta line.

Good post mate. I think people should just get on with it. Even with the vaccine England say you need 3 or 4 shots now.... crazy.... Can't be living like that. Aussies just get on with shit, reason why I like em'. Lockdown isn't working. Look at Singapore, they opened up that shit. Why is Australia being so paranoid? Look I get it.... but you gotta get on with life ya know?

Grapple

Bench

Brisbane seemed a moral to get it, but it needs to be fluid with COVID issues that may pop up.

Could it go to Melbourne, Perth or even Adelaide… assuming they remain covid-free…

Auckland….

Ain't no games being played in Auckland for at least the next year big John. You crazy?

Don't bring that shit here.

Ain't no games being played in Auckland for at least the next year big John. You crazy?

Don't bring that shit here.
I’m not crazy…. And I’m not so sure that this wouldn’t be considered….

Crazier things have happened in the world in the last few years… and in rugby league - eg who’d have thought origin games would be played in Townsville and the Gold Coast..

The NRL may put it up for bid… then you’ll see what other cities here could want it.

But NZ seem to have a far, far better handle on Covid than Oz. That could come right into play. Naturally to even consider it there’d need to be watertight protection protocols and the like… Govt agreement etc.. testing, quarantine, the whole box and dice

But I’m not ruling out the event that Rugby league might return to NZ after two years…

When we watch the Storm play someone in the grand final…

Grapple

Bench
I’m not crazy…. And I’m not so sure that this wouldn’t be considered….

Crazier things have happened in the world in the last few years… and in rugby league - eg who’d have thought origin games would be played in Townsville and the Gold Coast..

The NRL may put it up for bid… then you’ll see what other cities here could want it.

But NZ seem to have a far, far better handle on Covid than Oz. That could come right into play. Naturally to even consider it there’d need to be watertight protection protocols and the like… Govt agreement etc.. testing, quarantine, the whole box and dice

But I’m not ruling out the event that Rugby league might return to NZ after two years…

When we watch the Storm play someone in the grand final…

Yeah fair enough. Not with the wait for mine. Maybe i'm just too impatient.

I think i'm most worried about the bets i put on this weekend being the degenerate gambler that I am. At least give me my money back TAB.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
It’s certainly serious but worth keeping in perspective. Australia’s covid death toll this year is in single figures, most of our vulnerable population are fully vaccinated, people are hardly “dying in the streets”. I’m not sure your claim of “most deadly disease” is even close to accurate either.

Totally agree in a cautious approach but no need to catastrophise.
Actually in the teens just with this Sydney outbreak .. 13 I believe

Mr Spock!

Referee
I think so too, but of course I agree with most of people here don't wanna step outta line.

Good post mate. I think people should just get on with it. Even with the vaccine England say you need 3 or 4 shots now.... crazy.... Can't be living like that. Aussies just get on with shit, reason why I like em'. Lockdown isn't working. Look at Singapore, they opened up that shit. Why is Australia being so paranoid? Look I get it.... but you gotta get on with life ya know?
Get ya jabs then.....

Mr Spock!

Referee

Auckland….
NZ has even stronger covid rules than Qld.

Apparently the horse racing is still going on in Brisbane today.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is if the Qld government was serious, than the lockdown would be immediate not starting at a time in the future (4pm).

This lockdown is just for show.

NZ has even stronger covid rules than Qld.
Yeah I know….

They are more stringent but that also makes them more secure..

Perhaps not the volume of 8 teams in a finals series… but two team plus broadcasters / refs etc could be more manageable for a GF.

And from memory they have been playing Union in front of full crowds etc?

It’s just food for thought…