What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashton

Big Bill

Juniors
Zac Olerjarik was definitely one of the 10 BEST juniors we have produced . A Super talent! Riverstone product!
He was a great player alright and our first player to play for the state in the senior competition, albeit in a State Colts game. Did you see his brother Henry play , he was a dynamo as well but only played the one year in grade and then disappeared.

John Hamblin

Juniors
He was a great player alright and our first player to play for the state in the senior competition, albeit in a State Colts game. Did you see his brother Henry play , he was a dynamo as well but only played the one year in grade and then disappeared.
Grahame Moran played for NSW in 1970

Kilkenny

Coach
Zac Olerjarik was definitely one of the 10 BEST juniors we have produced . A Super talent! Riverstone product!
Big call John. We have produced, many, many fine juniors so including him our top 10 ever is probably stretching things a tad. He must be one of the few to graduate from the Riverstone junior ranks thou, can’t think of too many of the top of my head.

Kilkenny

Coach
The Men in Black book from 2008 has the team list:

Phil Jelley
Ross Gigg
Grahame Moran
Glenn West
Terry Quinn
Richie Thornton
John Wilson
Dennis Tutty
David Hodge
Glen Stolzenhein
Tim Sheens
Mike Stephenson (C)
Bruce Ward

Terry Geary played from 1969 to 1976.
What was Glenn West’s nickname? He was a powerhouse for a season or two.

John Wilson, was he a lefty?

John Hamblin

Juniors
Big call John. We have produced, many, many fine juniors so including him our top 10 ever is probably stretching things a tad. He must be one of the few to graduate from the Riverstone junior ranks thou, can’t think of too many of the top of my head.for the
I played for Penrith Waratahs with Bruce Ward. Roy West played for Riverstone.

John Hamblin

Juniors
If we are remanicing about the old days I was there at Penrith Park when Peter Langmack the older brother of Paul scored 5 tries in a game against St George . Ashurst and Stephenson from memory set up the tries

John Hamblin

Juniors
When I was playing for the Waratahs the gun player who was a year or two older was Ian McKechnie ( Mr Magoo) a 5/8 who played a number of first grade games for the Panthers,

roofromoz

First Grade

Not sure, way before my time. All I know is that there were two John Wilson's that played first grade at Penrith in the 70s - this one had played previously at Parramatta. The other one had played one game for Penrith as a replacement in 1972, and was actually a part of the Western Division Amco Cup squad in 1974, but not sure if he played in the final.

The_Frog

First Grade
Kids in my class played against him in a schoolboy final. Zac murdered them.

Craig Connor was in my brother's class at school, and I was in his brother's class.

Kilkenny

Coach
Kids in my class played against him in a schoolboy final. Zac murdered them.

Craig Connor was in my brother's class at school, and I was in his brother's class.
Craig Connor, back rower as I remember, haven’t heard his name for years. Decent player.

Big Bill

Juniors

Frank Lea nicknamed him the Blue Mountains Express that's the only one I can think of at the mo
Frank Lea nicknamed him the Blue Mountains Express that's the only one I can think of at the moment

There were two John Willsons both similar time but I couldn't tell you sorry Kilkenny.

Big Bill

Juniors

Big Bill

Juniors
When I was playing for the Waratahs the gun player who was a year or two older was Ian McKechnie ( Mr Magoo) a 5/8 who played a number of first grade games for the Panthers,
The old names are flooding back now, not a bad goal kicker either. His father was involved with the Club as well wasn't he.