What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Well actually had Murphy been an assistant coach at any other club he would've had a better record (or the same record had he been at the Tigers or the Knights the entire time). Turns out he has two wins in Final games as an assistant coach (Titans 2010, Parra 2019).

In the 15 years Murphy has been an assistant coach, every other club has won at least two Finals games, except for the clubs that he has been with. The Titans won one Finals game in 2010, and although Parra has one six Finals games in Murphy's illustrious 15 year career, only one of those has been since 2009 (2019). Of course, in his 15th year he will have an opportunity to had to his record.

Here are the numbers below for Finals wins 2007 to 2020:
Storm 24
Roosters 15
Manly 13
Cowboys 11
Broncos 9
Souths 9
Sharks 7
Dogs 7
Raiders 7
Panthers 6
Parra 6
Warriors 4
Dragons 4
Tigers 2
Knights 2
Titans 1

If you break this down further, in the time Murphy was at the Titans, every other club except for one (Panthers), won more Finals games than his club did. So he could've been at 14 other clubs and had a better record, he didn't need to be at bigger clubs.

His record improves since he has been at Parra, with four other teams not having won a Finals game (Warriors, Tigers, Knights and Titans) and one other winning the same (Dragons). So that is still 10 other clubs he could've been at and he would've had a better record. Would you really consider the likes of the Sharks (5 wins), Raiders (5 wins), and Cowboys (8 wins) bigger clubs than Parra though who have won considerably more Finals games whilst he has been at Parra?

Face it Pou Bear, his record is atrocious. He's a perennial loser.
How many finals wins has BA had since 2014? Hang on, wait for it:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well actually had Murphy been an assistant coach at any other club he would've had a better record (or the same record had he been at the Tigers or the Knights the entire time). Turns out he has two wins in Final games as an assistant coach (Titans 2010, Parra 2019).

In the 15 years Murphy has been an assistant coach, every other club has won at least two Finals games, except for the clubs that he has been with. The Titans won one Finals game in 2010, and although Parra has one six Finals games in Murphy's illustrious 15 year career, only one of those has been since 2009 (2019). Of course, in his 15th year he will have an opportunity to had to his record.

Storm 24
Roosters 15
Manly 13
Cowboys 11
Broncos 9
Souths 9
Sharks 7
Dogs 7
Raiders 7
Panthers 6
Parra 6
Warriors 4
Dragons 4
Tigers 2
Knights 2
Titans 1

If you break this down further, in the time Murphy was at the Titans, every other club except for one (Panthers), won more Finals games than his club did. So he could've been at 14 other clubs and had a better record, he didn't need to be at bigger clubs.

His record improves since he has been at Parra, with four other teams not having won a Finals game (Warriors, Tigers, Knights and Titans) and one other winning the same (Dragons). So that is still 10 other clubs he could've been at and he would've had a better record. Would you really consider the likes of the Sharks (5 wins), Raiders (5 wins), and Cowboys (8 wins) bigger clubs than Parra though who have won considerably more Finals games whilst he has been at Parra?

He is an assistant mate

Gazzamatta

Coach

Storm 24
Roosters 15
Manly 13
Cowboys 11
Broncos 9
Souths 9
Sharks 7
Dogs 7
Raiders 7
Panthers 6
Parra 6
Warriors 4
Dragons 4
Tigers 2
Knights 2
Titans 1

I think you have out statistic'd the statisticer. Is this you David Middleton?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, Pou you have been snookered tonight, buddy.
If Brad Arthur's is on half of what the best coaches are on do you really think we're paying top dollar for assistants? We're a club on a budget mate. Criticising the people we can afford on that budget is petty. I'm sure the rest of you are at the pinnacle of your own professional fields, so putting shit on others who are doing their best is poor form. It's the sort of thing I'd expect from bitter losers, not high calibre people like you lot.

Avenger

Immortal
If Brad Arthur's is on half of what the best coaches are on do you really think we're paying top dollar for assistants? We're a club on a budget mate. Criticising the people we can afford on that budget is petty. I'm sure the rest of you are at the pinnacle of your own professional fields, so putting shit on others who are doing their best is poor form. It's the sort of thing I'd expect from bitter losers, not high calibre people like you lot.
All jokes aside how much do you think BA is on? From that article on Murphy he was on just on $200K as an assistant which is way too much.

hindy111

Post Whore

I'm not professional at all. I'm a sole trader who's uniform is a pair of shorts from K-Marts and a bonds t shirt.
Last thing I want is to be one of those one man bands who has a business card and the word 'DIRECTOR' on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts