What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

mxlegend99

Referee
Did you miss twice Kikau hogged it with guys outside him unmarked?

What about Luai putting Burton through a gap. Only for no one to support?

Or who can forget my favourite play of the day Jennings tripping over and falling into touch with the line wide open?

We created enough chances to win just poor finishing

Do we win if Cleary alone?

Too many passengers out there
I know you never miss a chance to discredit Cleary.

He makes no difference to our team apparently. Nevermind the stats with him and without him. He makes no difference. But anyone else out does for some reason .

Girds89

Bench
There was quite a few. Tago handled the occasion fine. Hopgood was good too. Martin looked at home in the middle. Sorensen played well. Some of our scramble was very good.

I agree with those saying Edwards was ordinary and hasn't had the best few months. I know he's getting some heat but I still think Staines would be great at the back if given some time.

Anyway no reason to slit writs. The core of our great team was missing, we were always going to struggle. Would have liked to keep it a bit closer but its not going to be the same game in a few months if we have our troops back.

Tago was very good.

I actually think martin looked way less effective in the middle. Hes not the biggest and i thought storm handled him well. Would much prefer him out wide steaming into the halves all night. Melbs had two big outs in nelson and tui too. They are two very very hard to handle forwards. Even with fish and yeo we have struggled to contain those blokes in the past. Their height makes stopping offloads difficult.

Staines is lucky to be in fg. Hes game at fb the other week was very poor too. If he wants to keep his spot he needs to show a lot more. Tmays brother is a real goer and loves to get involved. Hed be deserving of a crack on the wing.

If we can get nath back and his shoulder to hold up im sure we can turn it round. The addition of tpj will hopefully help kiks.

We will be ok if we can get back to full strength.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Tago was very good.

I actually think martin looked way less effective in the middle. Hes not the biggest and i thought storm handled him well. Would much prefer him out wide steaming into the halves all night. Melbs had two big outs in nelson and tui too. They are two very very hard to handle forwards. Even with fish and yeo we have struggled to contain those blokes in the past. Their height makes stopping offloads difficult.

Staines is lucky to be in fg. Hes game at fb the other week was very poor too. If he wants to keep his spot he needs to show a lot more. Tmays brother is a real goer and loves to get involved. Hed be deserving of a crack on the wing.

If we can get nath back and his shoulder to hold up im sure we can turn it round. The addition of tpj will hopefully help kiks.

We will be ok if we can get back to full strength.
Martin has played as much prop and backrow in 2021 and has done well

Munted

Bench
The more I see of Burton the more I think he is a centre/edge black-rower.
Agree.
He's a big unit, a bit of gumby. Doesn't move freely with zip to be a threatening half.
Hits a hole like a mother f**ker and has a crazy big boot on him.

Girds89

Bench
Wtf does that make Luai then?
Not sure what you expect. Hes being made to fill a role which his game style doesnt suit at all. He had a crack tonight and tried to do things but the fact of the matter is he is not a 7 and he needs and organiser to steer the team so he can just chime in and do his thing

Cleary should have put falls at 7.

GongPanther

Referee
The way I see it is the gap difference of class between the two squads.

But the major point is that we weren't demoralized, and we tried our best. We will be taking more out of this game than most other sides who have played the Storm.

THAT is the big difference.

franklin2323

Immortal
I know you never miss a chance to discredit Cleary.

He makes no difference to our team apparently. Nevermind the stats with him and without him. He makes no difference. But anyone else out does for some reason .

simple yes or no. Do we win if just he plays tonight?

I mean a winger was hooked a halftime...

Any of the 6 out tonight make a difference returning but would take several to get the win

Lol not without Nathan holding his hand. Has talent but he's been woeful. Objectively awful
I think we have different definitions of the word objectively. Like when my kids use the word literally...

But use of the English language aside, Nathan does help Jerome to meet his potential. He doesn’t look anywhere near as strong without a dominant, organising half around him. But I think that Jerome had some good touches tonight and I liked that he was doing a bit of his jinking runs tonight; just needs to straighten them up.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Charlie won’t want to pick up any serious injury that might out him for a few weeks or more. I think if Taylan May gets a crack in Charlie’s spot for any length of time I don't see Charlie getting his spot back.

Girds89

Bench
We created enough chances to win. It was the guys outside making dumb errors
Haha cmon franklin. You seriously cant believe nath doesnt make a difference tonight. He plays and we score a few more tries..

Naths really got an ability to hold the defence up and keep them guessing which creates a lot of space out wide.

That didnt happen tonight. Luai and burton wanted to go around them and it took all the space away from the backs.

Girds89

Bench
I think Charlie won’t want to pick up any serious injury that might out him for a few weeks or more. I think if Taylan May gets a crack in Charlie’s spot for any length of time I don't see Charlie getting his spot back.

Definitley. Taylan is very quick, elusive and gets really involved. Deserves his chance.

franklin2323

Immortal
Haha cmon franklin. You seriously cant believe nath doesnt make a difference tonight. He plays and we score a few more tries..

Naths really got an ability to hold the defence up and keep them guessing which creates a lot of space out wide.

That didnt happen tonight. Luai and burton wanted to go around them and it took all the space away from the backs.

I have us bombing 6 tries. How many do you think we bombed?

creating chances wasn't the issue today scoring them were

I am definitely not on Franklin’s anti-Cleary bandwagon, but Yeo and Api are both contributors to us playing straight. nath is the biggest contributor though.

we also missed his kicking game and composure (both passing and kicking) in the attacking end.

oh, and his defence on the edge.

Girds89

Bench
simple yes or no. Do we win if just he plays tonight?

I mean a winger was hooked a halftime...

Any of the 6 out tonight make a difference returning but would take several to get the win
No one can say whether we win or not.

Our attack wouldve been 10x better with him tho