What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Gutho, Mahoney and papali'i would be the priorities.

Niukore i wouldnt begrudge getting a nice paycheck somewhere else. Has always put in 100% and would be disappointed if he left you cant keep them all.

Ryan matterson i wouldn't at this stage unless he is taking a massive paycut. Concussion issues and been a real disappointment for mine hasnt stood up in big games when we needed him.

gaffer

Juniors
807432_640x360_large_20210804191304.jpg
they better get their act together and win these last games

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Matterson is one of the best defensive edge forwards in the NRL - it's not his fault that he has been advised to play a bash and barge style of football, when he is capable of so much more.
Yep, if he was at Melbourne or the Roosters he would of played origin this year. He’s a skilful ball playing back rower but instead he is made to chase the collision and front load his effort areas.

Pazza

First Grade
Yep, if he was at Melbourne or the Roosters he would of played origin this year. He’s a skilful ball playing back rower but instead he is made to chase the collision and front load his effort areas.

Front load effort........

genius

Avenger

Immortal
they better get their act together and win these last games
I wonder how much their true value will be if they get all flaccid again in the semis. Hopefully they will have more to think about than the next deal like what another coach sounds like.

Everyone thought there would be a mass exodus when Smithy left in 2006 but there wasn't. Most of our "big guns' stayed. We actually had a good season in 2007 under Hagan before he shit the bed in 2008 and was replaced by Anderson.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well where is gutho going to go seriously. I think we have him over a barrell this time outside of manly and thats due to be being a local junior and links still there who else.

Storm - No
Penrith - No
Souths - No
Roosters - No
Manly - Maybe due to being a local junior and returning home but will have to take a massive paycut as they are currently backing the truck up for tommy turbo.

Sharks - Unlikely signed nicho Hynes who is similar.

Dragons - Perhaps but are the dragons any closer to a premiership to us. Could move the gong i suppose near the beach but unlikely

Tigers - Have money but seriously going to tigers is a bigger career killer then joining parramatta

Bulldogs - not why Trent barrett is coaching who punted him at manly 6 months after resigning.

Raiders - no and you would have to be offered 1.5 million at least to move from cromer to canberra plus play under ricky stuart.

Knights - No
Warriors - No
Cowboys - No
Titans - No they need a halfback
Brisbane - Will have money but seriously if broncos cant find a fullback in all of QLD they are kidding themselves even more

eels_fan

First Grade
it’s basically 50% of our cap, and 75% of our spine.

a decision on the coaching going forward needs to be made prior to us committing to players.

the players will want to know who they are playing for, and the coach, if not BA, will want to have choice around his squad. If we resign the majority of these guys and they don’t suit the style or direction of the coach, then we’re stuck rebuilding a roster to suit for 2-3 years.

I don’t envy MON’s position, but we really need to probably decide in the next 6 weeks whether we are sticking with BA or moving him on. In that regard, I think BA needs to deliver with wins in 3 of 4 from Souths, Manly, Storm & Penrith to finish the regular season. If he does that, and it flows into a minimum 2 finals wins, then I’d say he earns another 12 months (end of 23) and we start tying down players.

TheRam

Coach
That is true, but if he's good enough there will be more than one club pushing his price up.

Then it may not matter if we pay a little more for a junior, if he is good right? Good players are what we want.

I'm sure we wont be breaking the bank for a untried junior mate. My whole point is that we need speed. This kid has shown he can play very well in the lower grades and is exceptionally quick. So why shouldn't we try and bring him to our club? One way we can help entice him over is with the lure of giving him the chance to stake claim of an NRL centre or wing spot very quickly, maybe compared to Manly.

If we wined him, dined him, hell sixty nined him, if we had to. Players love the love. Then who knows? He would still be very cheap compared to a seasoned NRL/Rep player. Besides it is only a suggestion. Maybe the club has identified a better candidate? But whatever, all I know is that we lack footy nous and a lot of speed. These two areas need to be fixed. It is no good sitting around and doing nothing. We can and should be bringing more players to our club that can fill those needs. Like I said, it doesn't necessarily need to be for next year, since we have a couple of juniors that can come in for next year, but it definitely needs to start happening by 2023. We need to fix that backline quick smart. Pun intended.

As @hindy111 has said repeatedly, we are in desperate need of a player or two with a bit of an X factor at least. Speed goes a long way in helping you achieve that.

TheRam

Coach
………. under Brad Arthur.

Seems like it, err...well up until right now that is. Now he maybe getting a bit of a stink about him that will only get stronger unless he surprises virtually everyone in the NRL following world and wins some big games, especially Semis.

If not, he may start to find it isn't as easy as it used to be.