What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why did he bother wasting his energy????

I mean, seriously???

It was a naff message, full of platitudes.

A complete waste of time.
It was from a bloke who’d never played any sort of sport at a decent level in his life, sitting around a board room counting numbers. Even Sterlo had to admit they’d given up, too say they were trying to hard has just made him look as clueless as his coach.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Seems like nothing changes as regards HC, if they don’t demand changes to the staff below the HC, then the board really doesn’t understand expectations given what we continue to dish up.
Id be surprised if their undying support extends beyond seasons end should performances such as last night continue to occur. Im sure they feel they need to proactively support our coaching staff until our last game, whilst at the same time have everything crossed for better results and secretly work through options.
As far as fans are concerned I dont believe we have agendas or push a narrative. What we are seeing is a team of very talented players, granted some more than others, that arent performing when it matters most and really dont appear capable as much as we would love them to be. Blind Freddy can see change is needed. Im sure our hierarchy isnt blind to this fact. After all im sure they are all Eels fans except possibly the "leaker" who said last year that "running extra laps of the oval isnt going to win a premiership".

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
One thing I do know is he thinks the club is more than a sleeping giant. Believes they are more Ghan that.
GettyImages-98809451.jpg

Soto

Bench
Eels fan, this is not directed at you, but the club:.

You can take your message, and shove it up your arse.

You already had Matterson, Paulo, and a few other players flapping their gums about winning the title, competing, blah blah blah.

Words are cheap, and your players, and coaching staff, have proven unable to back up the cheap rhetoric.

Save yourselves the time, and fix the damn problems - or find someone else who can.

/rant
I got my email..i feel all warm and fuzzy and at peace with it all now 🤣. Great work. Hopefully the positive rhetoric returns to the field. The need to actually send an email to the members is a bit mind boggling to be honest..the club is in damage control

84 Baby

Referee
Also...trying too hard????

Are you f**king kidding me???

Some of our players half-arsed it over 80 minutes - Sivo was the biggest culprit.
I thought for the first few minutes we were trying too hard thus the cannonball penalty. The second we got exposed on edge though we realised the folly of trying too hard and we fixed our game plan to not try as hard.
homer-simpson-never-try.gif

Eelementary

Post Whore
I thought for the first few minutes we were trying too hard thus the cannonball penalty. The second we got exposed on edge though we realised the folly of trying too hard and we fixed our game plan to not try as hard.
homer-simpson-never-try.gif

I thought we tried really hard for the first set - as soon as Manly went wide, and scored so easily, we dropped our heads, lost concentration, and began making poor efforts.

We were a minute into the game - it's disheartening to concede points inside 60 seconds, but professional sides need to be better than that.

There is no leadership in this team, on, or off, the field.