What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashton

Big Bill

Juniors
Craig Connor, back rower as I remember, haven’t heard his name for years. Decent player.
Geez he could tackle that's why Sheensey liked him, last I knew he owned a Treated Pine yard at Emu Plains but that's going back 10 years or so.

The_Frog

First Grade
When I was playing for the Waratahs the gun player who was a year or two older was Ian McKechnie ( Mr Magoo) a 5/8 who played a number of first grade games for the Panthers,
I thought Warren Fenton was Magoo. Could be wrong though.

Kilkenny

Coach
What ever happened to Panther Boy?
Like a lot of youngsters he maintained an interest in the footy as a result of his dad, but in his late teens he found greater joy in playing computer games. Last I heard he had completed his motor mechanic apprenticeship and was still living in the Penrith area.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Always remember going to matches at old Penrith Park, sat under the old Scoreboard at halfway on the Eastern side you felt you’re actually playing you were that close. Buy your ticket go through turnstile manned by some wonderful local women. If you could carry your kid in they got in for free ,three games for 50 cents, until a supervisor yelled “Mate he looks to be 12 years old”.

panther.mike

Juniors
I just remembered an old name ,,Ron Clothier. an old fashioned prop, played with Mike Stevo in the day I think, i bumped into his son years ago when went down to sydney for a reunion.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I just remembered an old name ,,Ron Clothier. an old fashioned prop, played with Mike Stevo in the day I think, i bumped into his son years ago when went down to sydney for a reunion.

Ron Clothier came over from Balmain with Bob Boland and Laurie Fagan, His knickname was " The Coon" not a suitable name in the current environment.

Big Bill

Juniors
Ron came to Penrith in 69 if I remember rightly and was there for 2 or 3 years .Was referred to as Little Artie at times as he could slip a magical pass on occasions.