What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Case for Adelaide.....

siv

First Grade
I think he could use the Navy Blue variation with thin red & yellow

Perfect match for the Port Adelaide Roosters

The difference between Adelaide and Port Adelaide..

250px-Lurleen_Lumpkin.png

images

Reactions: siv
Today marks the 23rd anniversary of the Adelaide Rams' final ever game, played against the Newcastle Knights at Marathon Stadium (Newcastle NSW).

The 17th placed Rams going up against the 2nd placed Knights. But the ladder positions did not predict the outcome of this match, with the Rams fighting hard and pushing the Knights all the way.

Some fun facts. Both Adam Peek and Noel Goldthorpe scored their first and only tries for the Rams in their final match, while cult-hero Graham Appo - highest pointscorer for the Rams in 1998 - scored the final points for the mighty Adelaide Rams.

While you may go about watching the NRL today, please take a moment silence this afternoon around to remember those men who donned the Golden Fleece Jerseys that afternoon in Newcastle 23 years ago, and the club from South Australia which helped make the NRL TRULY NATIONAL.

Or even better still, forgo watching the boring blowouts and clownmanship of the modern day game under the Vlandys regime and go back to the 90's - to watch the Adelaide Rams bow out of the NRL with courage and fortitude against the might of the Knights...

Vale Rams.

Last edited:
It doesn’t feel that long ago. Cripes!!
Id give anything to have a full copy of the Rams Rabbitohs game.

I know the feeling mate.... time skips by in the blink of an eye...

As for the Rabbits v Rams Game that season.... the Rams won 34-18 at the SFS, which was their 3rd win in a row, a club record.

I don't have footage but here's a match review...

I didn't even think of that. I'm so used to every game of every round being broadcast that I forgot there was a time when only selected matches were shown.
This was the 2nd year of Optus doing the Pay Tv I think and so would have thought all games would have been telecast. But with thier downfall from Pay TV I'd fear most of these games would be lost forever. Only those saved on video by fans would be a chance I'd think.

MugaB

Coach
This was the 2nd year of Optus doing the Pay Tv I think and so would have thought all games would have been telecast. But with thier downfall from Pay TV I'd fear most of these games would be lost forever. Only those saved on video by fans would be a chance I'd think.
I have a have one vs penrith, we wolluped them, its on our best of collection 50th anniversary dvd, round 4 1998

I have a have one vs penrith, we wolluped them, its on our best of collection 50th anniversary dvd, round 4 1998
Ahhh

when starting to read that post I was hoping it was one of the 3 wins the Rams had over the panthers…. But you have the 1 panthers win… and a flogging it indeed was!

Latest posts