What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The De-Merge Thread

Illusion

Bench
Not this rubbish again
We are St George Illawarra and have been for over 20years

Our problem is not the merger it could actually be our strength if we had the right people running the club
This in a nut shell ..... If we had the right people running 🏃 the place ..... the boards egos are bigger than the door 🚪 opening they cant get their heads through.... they need to get outside and see how the better teams are run ......

BBTB

Juniors
This in a nut shell ..... If we had the right people running 🏃 the place ..... the boards egos are bigger than the door 🚪 opening they cant get their heads through.... they need to get outside and see how the better teams are run ......
Yes,let us members have a vote in next elections. This mob of incompetent fools,(the Board & its chairman, Andrew Gordon)
That are supposedly running or ruining)our club would be out the door in 5mins.
This club governance,is the only thing keeping this mob of cheating scum,in their jobs.Thanks Doust u f**kn
Fraudulent piece of garbage.

Lethal25

Juniors
My view is we are more chance of combining with the Sharks than demerging.

Could be a case of out with the old and in with the new once expansion teams are able to consolidate. This next period post pandemic and how it all plays out could be vital in shaping who survives. Sponsorships may well be under pressure, no game day revenue & membership revenue down. The NRL has Recdliffe knocking on the door with $100m of assets, to the best of my knowledge we're knocking on that same door and only asking for money.

I hope things don't go down that path but this club needs to start performing to ward off the vultures. Besides I'm absolutely sick to death of seeing Melbourne winning.

BBTB

Juniors
My view is we are more chance of combining with the Sharks than demerging.

Could be a case of out with the old and in with the new once expansion teams are able to consolidate. This next period post pandemic and how it all plays out could be vital in shaping who survives. Sponsorships may well be under pressure, no game day revenue & membership revenue down. The NRL has Recdliffe knocking on the door with $100m of assets, to the best of my knowledge we're knocking on that same door and only asking for money.

I hope things don't go down that path but this club needs to start performing to ward off the vultures. Besides I'm absolutely sick to death of seeing Melbourne winning.
Yes,we're all sick to death of seeing Melbourne winning.
The NRL,propped them up for years.(paid extra salary cap money) now the NRL, have lost the plot,the other 15 teams are treated (minus the Roosters) like second class nobodies....

Oh how generous were we to rescue Illawarra from oblivion in the wake of the Super League war. Perhaps if we de merge they will return the original money we gave them to keep their Steelers afloat.

BBTB

Juniors
Oh how generous were we to rescue Illawarra from oblivion in the wake of the Super League war. Perhaps if we de merge they will return the original money we gave them to keep their Steelers afloat.
Well, can't see the Gordon's
doing anything constructive.
They have so far,done absolutely nothing, to help the club at all.
The Gordon's are as useless
as tits on a bull.
Thanks Doust , you corrupt
Asshole.

TruSaint

Referee
tumblr_nqfru2GaZp1upxwm8o1_400.gif

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Disband the JV.

Let the JV side with the most silverware since 1999 keep the first grade licence.

Long live the Mighty Illawarra Dragons!

Question. Do we let St George have their jersey back to wear in the NSW cup, or do we keep it to wear in heritage/retro rounds?

Personally I’d like to use it for those rounds. I’ve spent a great deal of my life cheering on the red v, seems a shame to choose a Kaiser Stuhl jersey over that one..

Do they even sell Kaiser Stuhl anymore?

This Year?

Immortal
Disband the JV.

Let the JV side with the most silverware since 1999 keep the first grade licence.

Long live the Mighty Illawarra Dragons!

Question. Do we let St George have their jersey back to wear in the NSW cup, or do we keep it to wear in heritage/retro rounds?

Personally I’d like to use it for those rounds. I’ve spent a great deal of my life cheering on the red v, seems a shame to choose a Kaiser Stuhl jersey over that one..

Do they even sell Kaiser Stuhl anymore?
Take the Big Red V for Heritage round and let the St George NSW cup team wear the blood and bandages.
The most important thing is 1st grade Illawarra must wear the Illawarra socks!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Take the Big Red V for Heritage round and let the St George NSW cup team wear the blood and bandages.
The most important thing is 1st grade Illawarra must wear the Illawarra socks!
I like this. Makes sense as the JV never really wore the blood and bandages except for heritage rounds.

Would like to see them wear the black shorts, that looked awesome this year..

And given we’ll keep the current logo, I guess St George will have to use the old one.. And probably go back to being called the dragon slayers instead of the Dragons..

The traditional St George fans will love this move back to the NSW cup..

More local games..
No more trips down to Wollongong..
The same logo from the glory days..

It really does feel like a win for all parties concerned..

I’m ringing V’landys this afternoon.

Gomarchin

Juniors
We've been crap since Bennett left in 2011 and 10 years of mediocrity is now well and truly entrenched in this club. Making the 8 is now considered a pass mark.

I can remember 87-91 and 97-98 as years were we struggled but look at us since 2011. We made the 8 twice (scrapping in) and yes we were one game from the GF in 2018 (thanks McWrekor) but lets get real.

We don't have the leadership (board) that want success. We have a board that wants to maintain their position on the board.

The roosters/storm on the other hand play to win premierships.

TruSaint

Referee
I like this. Makes sense as the JV never really wore the blood and bandages except for heritage rounds.

Would like to see them wear the black shorts, that looked awesome this year..

And given we’ll keep the current logo, I guess St George will have to use the old one.. And probably go back to being called the dragon slayers instead of the Dragons..

The traditional St George fans will love this move back to the NSW cup..

More local games..
No more trips down to Wollongong..
The same logo from the glory days..

It really does feel like a win for all parties concerned..

I’m ringing V’landys this afternoon.

Live to NRL HQ for Muz v PVL...

peter-sellers-tie.gif

Coffs dragon

Bench
Whilst ever we have Chairman Flush Gordon in control & playing in that jinxed all Red shit jersey, we ain’t going anywhere, particularly forward.
The only de-merge or divide we’ll see is a split from success, not Win Win!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We don't have the leadership (board) that want success. We have a board that wants to maintain their position on the board.

The roosters/storm on the other hand play to win premierships.
I like that you mention the storm and the roosters..

They certainly have been the competition benchmark for most of the time the JV has been around..

Interestingly Illawarra has a superior head to head winning record over the roosters..

And have never been defeated in Melbourne when playing the storm..

All the more reason to give them the NRL licence really…

Latest posts