What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell?

horrie hastings

First Grade
And the fact that not only he didn’t show any remorse or care of the incident, but then when scoring a try, tries to bury the football in an opposing players head with a pure psychotic anger is concerning.

That slamming the ball down after scoring the try was very concerning, it missed the Roosters player head by millimetres and i reckon there was the intent there that Mitchell wanted to hit the player with the ball. The force of the ball would have knocked the Roosters player out.

Meth

Staff member
Ive got a lot of time for Robinson. Saw the presser on replay, and he said what I suggest most people were thinking. And in a controlled manner, not over-emotional or ranting which can take a lot away from someone’s message.

The Hutchison one, and this one… the two worst of the year from the blunker. Both on his team. The way he handled himself in both is commendable for mine… remembering coaches have to do a presser shortly after the game when the emotions and adrenaline will still be running high..

Yeah, good to see him line them up. I've wanted my coach to call the ref and the game out like that a few times. It was definitely warranted.

Robinson should get an apology, not a fine.

Latrell should have been sent. To be honest, I thought he could have been binned again with his post-match shit inciting a melee. The ref was right to send Gagai to the bin, despite his protests- which probably could have had his yellow upgraded to a red and should see him front the judiciary. Ref was wrong to bin Tupouniua in my view.

All week the promotion has been history, rivalry and hate.

Is it any wonder there was friction and agro? It’s been getting worse each year over the past decade.

Latrell should get minimum 10-12 weeks. He’s basically on his last chance now, really. If that was ‘your team’s’ player hurt…then you’d bay for blood.

Wayne will just have to get Taaffee at FB and Que sera sera.

I actually like Manu. It was pretty bad to see him in distress. I’m not a huge Robbo fan but FMD the in game reffing, touchies, bunker and admin has been inconsistent and woeful all year. Unloading was justified imho.

I reckon NRL deadset will love this. Headlines and passions flaring in the fan base and media.

Valheru

Coach
It will be an interesting watch.The Robinson blow up and the fact that it was on a prime time game V the Roosters means they wont be able to bury it like they did the Brimson broken jaw 2 weeks ago. The MRC will be doing everything possible to give him 2-3 weeks to ensure he’s there for a Prelim so it will be a Grade 2 Careless High tackle or Grade 1 Striking, however with loading I'm not sure if that will take it up to 3 or 4?

OffenceGrade 1 Grade 2 Grade 3
Tripping$1,500 or 100200300
Kicking200300400
Striking200300400
Reckless High Tackle400500600
Intentional High TackleRefer to panelRefer to panelRefer to panel
Careless High Tackle$1,500 or 100200300
Dropping Knees200300400
Dangerous Throw$1,500 or 100300500
Contrary Conduct$1,500 or 100200300
Detrimental Conduct$1,500 or 100200300
Dangerous Contact - Other$1,500 or 100200300
Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck$1,500 or 100300500
Shoulder Charge200350500
Crusher Tackle200350500

Latrell has 5 priors so there is no way our for the MRC here unless they give him something that is a fine only at which stage the roosters should go on strike.

His priors will mean season over so they may as well go the other way and throw the book at him so they can say they care about player welfare.

I believe 6 weeks is fair for the hit. Depending on the exact charge, his priors would double that.

Well said.

The unfortunate thing is that the crack down will well and truly be back on resulting in players getting binned for innocuous contact and we will have to hear about how it is Robbo's fault and he wants all high contact to be binned.

To me, blaming Robinson for any resulting “re-crackdown” will be misguided.

The NRL made a rod for its own back with its first crackdown on even the most innocuous contacts - such as Lachlan Burr, who was fined $1800 (from memory, maybe different). Then they didn’t stick by their principles and things started being let go again.

Eventually we see Nathan Cleary blatantly bracing his shoulder into the chest of Jack Bird, yet nothing. Meanwhile a big guy has spent 9 weeks suspended for tackles that haven’t gone anywhere near the head - Ravalawa.. Which does nothing but suggest the NRL are selective in their approach to suspensions.

Now Mitchell / Manu has happened. And what do you know, Peter Vlandys has come out of hiding and started blaming the players again “capacity to kill the sport” comments. It’s the players fault.

The Mitchell tackle was bad. But Vlandys rationale with the magic round crackdown was that by punishing the “lesser” shots, it will reduce the instances of the bad ones. They didn’t stick to his word and look what happened…

Robbo is the messenger, and we all know how that saying goes. The NRL are the real issue here, and goes to Peter Vlandys knee-jerk, inflammatory, misguided actions and blaming others around him - rather than look in the mirror at himself.

Chimp

Bench
latrell’s hit was significantly worse
I watched it again this morning to make sure i wasn’t over reacting

I genuinely think that was the worst shot I’ve seen this year, and by some distance

It had intent to injure, was reckless, bordering on intentional imo with the way he comes in.
He aimed high, hit high, flush on the face with force and caused significant injury
I mean that’s a full f**king house

it’s gotta be a very long sit down
It probably worth no charge but a direct referral imo
See, I don’t think he intentionally hits him high, but the tackle is intentionally reckless. He goes in to the tackle at high speed, high force, trying to smash him - he’s got zero control over where his contact will land. The bullshit rules nowadays mean you’ve got to tackle in a way that enables you to control the contact, even if the attacker slips - I say they’re bullshit because I love lots of contact and even fighting, but in fairness, this is the exact type of scenario the rules have been developed to prevent.
Ultimately, if you go into a tackle how Latrell did, you better make sure you get your contact right (which will be more luck than control using that technique), coz if it goes wrong, you should be sitting down for a very long stint, particularly with his loading.
I’ve a lot of respect for both Gus and Gal, usually agree with most of their views on the game; but they’re off their chops trying to defend the tackle as an unavoidable accident.

That slamming the ball down after scoring the try was very concerning, it missed the Roosters player head by millimetres and i reckon there was the intent there that Mitchell wanted to hit the player with the ball. The force of the ball would have knocked the Roosters player out.
I don’t condone it but I thought it was a calculated miss but could’ve easily gone so wrong. It was right in front of Klown and started another melee, then tells Teddy it was nothing.

nick87

Coach
He's suggesting he's getting between 13 and 17 weeks.
That’s just how maths works, buddy
If he gets the CHN charge he’s out for 13, if he’s charged higher, and he should it will be more

we know that’s not what will happen, because it’s much easier to make an example of CHN over Mitchell
But based on maths, yeah 13-17 weeks is legitimately fair

BadnMean

Juniors
Yeah, good to see him line them up. I've wanted my coach to call the ref and the game out like that a few times. It was definitely warranted.

Robinson should get an apology, not a fine.

Latrell should have been sent. To be honest, I thought he could have been binned again with his post-match shit inciting a melee. The ref was right to send Gagai to the bin, despite his protests- which probably could have had his yellow upgraded to a red and should see him front the judiciary. Ref was wrong to bin Tupouniua in my view.

Latrell's looked at least equally as reckless as CHN's shot.

And way more than Papalii earlier in the year who got sent off for shoulder contact to the head, without charging in hard.

Perenara has had an awful awful year. Pretty sure there's a lot of clubs feeling the same way about him.

Meth

Staff member
Perenara has had an awful awful year. Pretty sure there's a lot of clubs feeling the same way about him.

Yeah, look, Perenara is bad. We all agree. But the problem is more than Perenara. It's Klein. It's Cecchin. It's Cummins. It's Atkins. It's Maxwell. It's Annesley. It's the MRC. It's the Judiciary. it's the administration. It's the CEO.

Remove Perenara and you've still got a lot of issues.

Generalzod

Immortal
That action to me felt that he believed that he was wronged for being binned and sited for his actions...

Generalzod

Immortal
Yeah, look, Perenara is bad. We all agree. But the problem is more than Perenara. It's Klein. It's Cecchin. It's Cummins. It's Maxwell. It's Annesley. It's the MRC. It's the Judiciary. it's the administration. It's the CEO.

Remove Perenara and you've still got a lot of issues.
The system needs a total recall mind wipe, Refs don't go out favouring a team but subliminally I think they ref according to where a team is located on the ladder.

big hit!

Bench

This example of bad sportsmanship is rife in the game and never gets penalised though. Players bouncing balls off opposition players heads, tapping their heads after a mistake, throwing the ball away to waste time, etc. It's a bad look