What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Tigerm

First Grade
It does because when fans don’t demand change, history ends up repeating. Pascoe and his board cronies only give a shit about one side of the club’s business. You be a nice little sheep and swallow any bull crap the club feeds you.
I’ll be over here with an ever growing fan base screaming the joint down.
22 years of existence for 19 years of failure is a god damned joke.
Hahaha, your on a public forum, no one except us are reading it or taking any notice.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
“Your attitude is what has aided this club achieve such mediocrity”

Strikers obviously talking about THE attitude you have which is imbecilic and appears to be the same as the club ie “Everything’s fine “!!!

We’ve just broken the record of how far up our arse we can be shafted and you guys seem to like that …Hey each to his own…

Your usual shit talk when youve been proven wrong and you all jump onto really nothing and think you’ve got a point that’s worth considering carries no weight in this argument for people that actually give a shit. Just read some of your space fillers coz that’s all they are……But unfortunately for yous that’s all you have right now.. it’s baby talk and irrelevant

Tiger M Trust me he knows you have no influence. You don’t even care if things don’t improve… after all You think things are “FANTASTIC” coz the moneys coming in and u think that’s enough …The problem is “YOUR ATTITUDE” is shared by the most inadequate embarrassing record breaking for the wrong reason, incompetent, laughing stock of a club the NRL has probably ever witnessed..and you think that’s ok. u need to fkn reasses …unless you are right and by now pretty much every other poster on this forum is wrong. I mean shit even Mr Raditch has turned !!

But you don’t know how to listen and you haven't got enough of a knowledge base or awareness to understand, allow flexibility or consider new ideas…Just the usual boorish and child- like tantrums when anyone challenges your opinions. Which is unfortunately when you start grasping at straws and your weak argument deteriorates even more..

Your like talking a different language to the genuine league fans ..you persist with this ridiculous everything’s fine bullshit regardless of how unfine things really are, week after week! ..why? God only knows?

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Keep in mind everyone , just because we all have differing opinions that doesn't mean anyone has the right to turn it into a personal insult match.
How ironic is it when we ridicule the club and board about decisions and infighting and here we are as just mere supporters abusing each other over a forum post!
Make sense ??
Are we any better then the board ? Or are we just the same infighting dickheads as they are ?

Fordy20

Juniors
Taylor was 100% a pawn, a useful idiot if you will, used by the club to get Farah to walk out. You are correct that no one in their right mind would relegate an incumbent SOO player to reggies. The club allowed it…ask yourself why? He was set to be paid nearly a million dollars due to his sacrifices re backloading his previous years payments to facilitate the club fitting under the cap due to their mismanagement of it. The club tried to f**k him, pure and simple. He called their bluff and Taylor paid the price the following year.
That explains why they hired Taylor in the first place over Potter. If I remember correctly, the board had two Wests directors and three independents and Balmain didn't have any representation because they needed to pay back the loan from the NRL. The independent directors have moved on and the two Wests directors who were there at the time, Simon Cook and Tony Andreacchio are still on the board to this day.

Tigerm

First Grade
“Your attitude is what has aided this club achieve such mediocrity”

Strikers obviously talking about THE attitude you have which is imbecilic and appears to be the same as the club ie “Everything’s fine “!!!

We’ve just broken the record of how far up our arse we can be shafted and you guys seem to like that …Hey each to his own…

Your usual shit talk when youve been proven wrong and you all jump onto really nothing and think you’ve got a point that’s worth considering carries no weight in this argument for people that actually give a shit. Just read some of your space fillers coz that’s all they are……But unfortunately for yous that’s all you have right now.. it’s baby talk and irrelevant

Tiger M Trust me he knows you have no influence. You don’t even care if things don’t improve… after all You think things are “FANTASTIC” coz the moneys coming in and u think that’s enough …The problem is “YOUR ATTITUDE” is shared by the most inadequate embarrassing record breaking for the wrong reason, incompetent, laughing stock of a club the NRL has probably ever witnessed..and you think that’s ok. u need to fkn reasses …unless you are right and by now pretty much every other poster on this forum is wrong. I mean shit even Mr Raditch has turned !!

But you don’t know how to listen and you haven't got enough of a knowledge base or awareness to understand, allow flexibility or consider new ideas…Just the usual boorish and child- like tantrums when anyone challenges your opinions. Which is unfortunately when you start grasping at straws and your weak argument deteriorates even more..

Your like talking a different language to the genuine league fans ..you persist with this ridiculous everything’s fine bullshit regardless of how unfine things really are, week after week! ..why? God only knows?
I believe the club is not broken, the NRL team is going shit, (I put that down to more player effort & attitude, than coach), but otherwise the club is going strong, everything shows this, if you look. I also believe that the NRL side will turn around, just don't know when? I've never said anything differently?

I am a fan of the WT's, if the club gets rid of the coach, then so be it, I'll still be a fan, even though I don't think that is the answer?

If you disagree, that's fine, but it's my opinion, and I stand by it.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
You only have to watch Madges press conference to see what I mean by the “attitude” this club peddles and is embraced by a section of the fan base.
Numerous times he referenced having 12 men out. Let’s examine that claim…
Laurie
Doueihi
Tamou
Roberts
Garner
Seyfarth
Musgrove
Packer
Kepaoa

By my count it’s 9. Of those 9, Kepaoa, Packer and Musgrove wouldnt have played. Seyfarth isn’t regarded by the club. Roberts and Tamou contribute nothing. I count 3 blokes who were missing that would have played and made a difference. Maybe 4 if Seyfarth was used.
The club and some fans are talking as if we are facing the same adversity as the Roosters. The truth is this same squad held an almost full strength Penrith to 6 all for 35 minutes last week. Yesterday they played the team with by far the competition’s worst attack (averaging 13 points/game) and the comp’s 2nd worst defence (averaging 30.9 points/game) and got flogged 38 blot.
What do we get in the presser? excuses and dribble about how the plan for the future looks bright. Madge has nothing and if he thinks 3 guys returning from long term leg injuries and adding a couple of poms makes the difference next year then he is seriously deluded.

The whole message is we are working towards something….next year, next year. BULLSHIT!! This has been our worst year out of the decade of incompetence. In a season comprising of 10 very average teams, we have the 9th best attack and 2nd worst defence. We are a 713 point worse team than Melbourne - almost 30 points per game!!! It’s ridiculous and heads must roll...but they won’t because those who should be losing their jobs are running the season review!

The club and a section of the fan base constantly argue that things aren’t that bad and that fans like me are just whingers. They claim there are signs of improvement and next year we will rise. It’s rubbish. Daine Laurie is a decent attacking fullback but hopeless positioner and diabolical defender. He has years of hard work ahead of him before he becomes consistently reliable. Adam Doueihi is a dangerous runner of the football at short distance. When he gets the ball 10 metres out he is deadly. When he gets the ball anymore than 20 metres out he is clueless. He is slow and a ball hog and is also years away from becoming consistently reliable. Big Stef is a huge talent with the ball. He has size, speed and aggression with an aire of evasiveness. He is also easily beat laterally in defence and clocks off when not directly involved with the play. He also has a couple of years of hard work ahead of him before he becomes the star people are already claiming he is. We are told the club will be built around these three and some others who are barely first graders currently. They desperately need external help, but no one wants to sign here. This will only lengthen their progress timelines.
The club has identified that we require a prop and a centre. That’s a good start but far from our golden ticket. We have missed out on some great talent this year that we need such as Finucane, JAC, Hynes and Thompson….and now there is talk Sharon is coming back! We have a good war chest that may get wasted yet again.

Im not saying the club is broken, but the footy department is a shambles and the squad is easily 3+ years from making the finals. It’s depressing and our rock bottom hasn’t yet been realised. Season 2022 will be shit on a stick.

Another random article from the media: Includes my questions in bold & brackets.

Brad Fittler has come to the defence of coach Michael Maguire, insisting his players must also wear the blame for Wests Tigers' 2021 failures as noise continues to grow around his tenure in Concord.

The final sorry chapter of the Tigers' year signed off the regular season on Sunday night as Maguire and his men coughed up seven unanswered tries to fall in a 38-0 bloodbath to wooden-spooners Canterbury.

It was a grim note to wrap the year on and one that gives Tigers fans little faith that next season will be any different.

And why would it?

Despite his plaudits, Maguire hasn't been able to remedy any of the ongoing issues that have plagued the joint-venture club over the past decade in his three years at Concord.

A season review is now underway after the club again missed out on finals football, finishing 13th with just eight wins to its name.

As part of that review, a decision is expected to be made on Maguire's tenure at the club, which will undoubtedly be the biggest call made by Tigers powerbrokers this off-season.

But despite the early murmurings of a mutiny, Fittler has issued the Tigers with a swift reality check.

Namely, if not 'Madge', then who?

"A lot of people have been speaking about Michael Maguire, but I haven't heard about anyone else being thrown up to take his spot," Fittler told Wide World of Sports' The Final Whistle.

"So, there's no good getting rid of anyone unless you can find someone who can do a better job.

"There's obviously going to be a review that's going to go on. The one thing that's not in his favour is that there's been very little improvement to the point where, in their last game, they get beat by Canterbury – the team coming last. That says pretty much the deflation has turned to giving up. That's not going to help his cause either.

"But unless you've got someone who can do a better job then you're going to go further back."

While recognising Maguire's shortcomings in turning the club around, Fittler saw a growing sense of player dissent as arguably the bigger issue dogging the Tigers.

"The problem is, it seems like the players are in control," Fittler said. (It seems? what does he know? Fittler is not in the bubble, he lives in Sydney and does not attend training or games, so is a player manager telling him stuff?)

"They're out there not really having a go and no one is really talking about them being sacked. That becomes a drama because it becomes a lot easier to move one coach and then highlight, 'You know what players? Now we've got rid of the coach and it's up to you'. Your head is on the chopping block now.

"That's normally what happens. The players take over, they stop trying, someone gets punted and it sort of starts again.

"Sometimes, when you're not whole-hearted about everything to do with the club and the team, then it gets found out. And it got found out tonight. They give up.

"That was painful today, really painful. It doesn't look like the team has improved throughout the year."

Maguire still has two years to run on his deal at the Tigers.

Tiger05

First Grade
To answer your question Fittler is just doing the journalistic trick of making shit up.

I know I'm going to be in the minority but I don't think we should sack Madge. I'd give him until his contract expires.

Another 'journalist' stating the blooming obvious, seeing who's unsigned and stating the blooming obvious again.

The Wests Tigers reportedly have $1.6 million to spend in their salary cap and four spots remaining on their roster for 2022, but it remains to be seen which combination of off-contract recruits can return them to the finals.

The club is in the midst of a brutal review into their failed 2021 campaign after they finished 13th with just eight wins and 16 losses, the last of which was a shock 38-0 hammering by the wooden spooners the Bulldogs in Round 25.

Coach Michael Maguire is feeling the heat after a third straight season in charge without finals football and the club’s management is under fire for overseeing 10 straight seasons of ineptitude.

However the club’s salary cap that has been heavily out of whack in recent seasons due to a series of ridiculous contracts to overpaid and underperforming players is finally starting to look in far better shape.

That has finally given the Tigers the opportunity to create a more well-rounded squad capable of challenging for the top eight next season, should they fill out their roster with the right pieces.

The struggle for the Tigers has always been landing the right sort of players to turn the club around and not paying overs for the wrong type of players.

The club is in the midst of the longest finals drought in the NRL stretching back to 2011 and unless they can use the money they have wisely it may be a case of more of the same in 2022.

The Tigers will offload all or part of some big contracts this off-season in Russell Packer (800,000) to retirement and Moses Mbye ($800,000) to the Dragons with the club to chip in around half of that contract for him to play for their rivals.

The Tigers also have an option in their favour for Joey Leilua ($700,000) who is reportedly out of favour and on his way out of the club.

That leaves them with enough room to attract some fresh blood to the club, but how they spend that $1.6 million will be crucial and they can’t afford to waste it on players that don’t deliver.

There are two schools of thought with how best to use that money. The Tigers can either sign one or two superstars, which can help attract players to the club and improve on-field results or they can spread the money out in a bid to create a more balanced squad with those four vacant roster positions.

The challenge the Tigers have is that superstars have been reluctant to come to the club in recent seasons due to the lack of success on and off the field.

There are also a lack of superstars available for 2022 at this late stage of the season.

The NRL big names that remain unsigned for 2022 are Aaron Woods, Blake Ferguson, Dylan Napa, Will Chambers, Josh Dugan, Tyrone Peachey, Ashley Taylor, Dylan Walker, Edrick Lee and Corey Norman.

Fortunately for the Tigers none of those players would command top dollar and the right combination of those players could help turn the club’s on-field fortunes around.

Woods is a former club captain who has been in good form for the Sharks and he has unfinished business at the Tigers. He also hasn’t had a lot of interest from rivals.

There are not many representative standard forwards on the market and the Tigers’ middle defence is in desperate need of some starch.

And this is where he lost me, Woods, middle defence and starch. - Could have said, Woods, belly flops and Leichhardt Aquatic centre.

read on;

Shredder

Juniors
Money in the bank and no players off contract.......

Napa would be useful, sub $300k and one year with a club option.
Id like Elliot as well on the same sort of deal.

Then wait to see if an excellent back gets released in the off season.

Tiger05

First Grade
The NRL big names that remain unsigned for 2022 are Aaron Woods, Blake Ferguson, Dylan Napa, Will Chambers, Josh Dugan, Tyrone Peachey, Ashley Taylor, Dylan Walker, Edrick Lee and Corey Norman.

Fortunately for the Tigers none of those players would command top dollar and the right combination of those players could help turn the club’s on-field fortunes around.

How many of those players do we really want. Peachey, Taylor and Walker are average signings. I don't see why we'd want any of the others.

Mario chalmers

Juniors

1630901450437.png

I think WT have to at least pick up the phone to Bennett and ask him if he would stay in Sydney.

He's made it clear he is going back to Brisbane but he is also the no. 1 expansion cheerleader which shows that staying in coaching is obviously a big deal to him.

My reading on expansion is that
a) Redcliffe Dolphins are huge favourites to win (given they have $100mill in the bank) and are more inclined to appoint one if its favourite sons as inagural coach - Paul Green
b) It's not a given that the new team is admitted for 2023 with '24 also being discussed.

If the above is right why wouldnt Bennett at least consider an offer to coach WT? It would represent probably his biggest challenge as a coach but if he could turn the club around it would be among his greatest achievements.