What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qualifying Final - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 11th September 7:50pm @Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Jim Rockford

Bench
Mate, he's been going on all week about Clearasil and his kicking game, Souths no chance to win, even blowing him at half-time with a demonstration of the kick they scored a try from.

But in the end, he had to eat s#!+ because otherwise he'd lose the little shred of credibility he has. And he did it by putting the win all on Wayne.

He just can't get over Adam Reynolds fracturing his shoulder 😂😂😂
That sounds more like the Cronk I know.The guy is so obvious in his biases.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
The tackle on Cleary was brutal but beautiful and legal the way the chin landed may have caused more damage to the shoulder we can only hope
Yeah, and Chin Snr crying about coaches influencing refs? The one time in the whole game we actually got to Clearasil the ref immediately blows a penalty.

And that could have cost us the game.

I switched off Anasta and Cronk and Leary by this stage, and went back to the dribbler Johns - him and JT and the bullfrog Gould could not believe that was a penalty. JT was laughing about the BS

big hit!

Bench

If To'o happened to get the ball back inside for a Penrith try, it would've most likely been disallowed due to Luai dropping Su'A.

Defence was immense last night. The blow-outs were a god send in a way because Bennett had to take his medicine and change his approach. And this change from the passive contain approach to all-out defensive line speed and aggression since Dubbo has changed the mindset of the team, realising that they have to bring their effort in defence as much as they do in attack.

Jim Rockford

Bench
If To'o happened to get the ball back inside for a Penrith try, it would've most likely been disallowed due to Luai dropping Su'A.

Defence was immense last night. The blow-outs were a god send in a way because Bennett had to take his medicine and change his approach. And this change from the passive contain approach to all-out defensive line speed and aggression since Dubbo has changed the mindset of the team, realising that they have to bring their effort in defence as much as they do in attack.
That's what makes Wayne "The Master". He learns from his errors and adapts and changes. I just hope JD has been paying close attention.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Can't wait for Callmack's full summary but just wanted to highlight a few performances because it's gonna be real hard to pick a 3,2,1:

Taafe's catch under posts with Crichton bearing down on him like a freight train was worthy of a Victoria Cross - that quite possibly could have saved the game.

Paulo is really improving big time. I'm guilty of it too, but remember he's still a kid, he is getting valuable experience and confidence, he could well be on Campbell's trajectory.

Speaking of which, Campbell would be close to being the best defensive centre in the NRL. This, and his running game...what a player.

Gagai was SOO level yesterday. I'm sad he can't stay with us.

AJ was quiet but still worried the Westies with his speed. Speed kills.

We know what Cody does with the ball, and should have been the SOO 5/8. What he showed everyone last night is he can tackle. His D was huge, and its been a weakness in the past but not lately, and not last night AT ALL. Did he even miss a single tackle last night?

King Reyno - the master. Nothing else need be said.

Benji created impact for the mins he was given.

Cam still pulling out hero plays no matter how worn he his.

Sua was mixed some good D and some poor D - I'd keep him in if we play the Rorters next, but not if it's Manly

Koloa was strong and quick.

Hosty again perfect mistake free footy - a terrific buy.

Jai was great, showed great toughness, fantastic D

Junior very physical and undersung running game.

Tom was fantastic, probably their best. Two more games son, get your name carved in stone like your brother's

Mark strong no nonsense, must make you feel good having him in the trenches next to you.

Cookie was a workhorse on D, and punched enough holes to keep Api on his heels

Karen was whinging about the ref influence and Wayne turns it into a Royal Commission about corruption in the nrl ref ranks.

We’ve seen this before with Karen, he’s way too impulsive. He shoots from the hip and it’s not endearing nor purchasing much empathy as a spectacle.

People just see an excuse maker who won’t accept responsibility.

It all started when he ratted on Wests Tigers, blew the entire cap for the next three years on merkins. Texted the players farewell.

He still hasn’t conceded his bench management killed his sidelast year. I don’t like his values at all.

@Jim Rockford and I spent a lot of yesterday being bullied by selected Panther forumers despite us having nothing bad to say about the club and most of their fans.

This is just the manifestation of Karen, these are the values he endorses and what he represents.

As a Wests Tiger fan, we dislike him and everything he stands for.

I am sure we all have a lot of time for Panthers as a club and they have some awesome forumers here such as @murraymob, @Kilkenny @GongPanther and @soc123_au but they are deadset lions, worthy of many a shout, led by f**king donkeys at their club level.

The Karen era is failing them big time.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Karen was whinging about the ref influence and Wayne turns it into a Royal Commission about corruption in the nrl ref ranks.

We’ve seen this before with Karen, he’s way too impulsive. He shoots from the hip and it’s not endearing nor purchasing much empathy as a spectacle.

People just see an excuse maker who won’t accept responsibility.

It all started when he ratted on Wests Tigers, blew the entire cap for the next three years on merkins. Texted the players farewell.

He still hasn’t conceded his bench management killed his sidelast year. I don’t like his values at all.

@Jim Rockford and I spent a lot of yesterday being bullied by selected Panther forumers despite us having nothing bad to say about the club and most of their fans.

This is just the manifestation of Karen, these are the values he endorses and what he represents.

As a Wests Tiger fan, we dislike him and everything he stands for.

I am sure we all have a lot of time for Panthers as a club and they have some awesome forumers here such as @murraymob, @Kilkenny @GongPanther and @soc123_au but they are deadset lions led by f**king donkeys.

The Karen era is failing them big time.
I don't believe Ivan is the evil merkin you make him out to be, but as a coach he is a long way from Skeletor. The old dog still has a lot of tricks. As a die hard Panther seeing Wayne destroy him was hard to watch, but for neutrals it was great theatre. For Souths fans it goes without saying. As much as Gus can be an annoying blowhard having him still at the helm would have made a difference to how last night went imo. That ship has sailed, so on we go.

The biggest thing I took out of last night is I want some of whatever Souths management were smoking when they decided Walker was a must keep over Reynolds. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but f**k me, he is going to leave a massive hole.

I don't believe Ivan is the evil merkin you make him out to be, but as a coach he is a long way from Skeletor. The old dog still has a lot of tricks. As a die hard Panther seeing Wayne destroy him was hard to watch, but for neutrals it was great theatre. For Souths fans it goes without saying. As much as Gus can be an annoying blowhard having him still at the helm would have made a difference to how last night went imo. That ship has sailed, so on we go.

The biggest thing I took out of last night is I want some of whatever Souths management were smoking when they decided Walker was a must keep over Reynolds. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but f**k me, he is going to leave a massive hole.
Nice to see you here.

There’s been a massive bloodletting here about Renno, that is true. I couldn’t believe it either.

Once everybody on Souths lu had inflicted serious cyber bodily injuries upon each other, no one was prepared to reach in and rip the heart out of family.

The Panthers are not dead and buried for 2021. I agree. Too many good players and the greatest motivation ever to befall a wounded giant.

Gus is good and bad. I liked most of his panther club work but Hook was going Ok. He was too rough in his sacking of him. Unnecessarily so. Hooks been great at sgi given their challenges.

If you can win next week, you deserve a shot at the big dance.

I think we all agree the stormers are nrl (non fatal) co-vid. Just that nasty cold we can’t rid off. All their nasty spoiling footy, not on the spirit of the game.

Jim Rockford

Bench
No-one is more gutted than me that Reyno is going. I think it's a huge mistake but I do feel a little better about it after seeing how Ilias went against the Dragons. As long as we keep Cody I think we'll be fine.

Note to Souths friends, I often call Melbourne the “stormers” as it’s a hidden disrespect not calling them by their proper name.

It adds that distancing and “couldn’t be bothered” even knowing their correct name.

I don’t bestow this dishonour on any other club. A little middle finger at their style of play.

I apologise for any offence caused.

My 13 year old lad is better behaved than bellyache.

soc123_au

Staff member
The Panthers are not dead and buried for 2021. I agree. Too many good players and the greatest motivation ever to befall a wounded giant.

Gus is good and bad. I liked most of his panther club work but Hook was going Ok. He was too rough in his sacking of him. Unnecessarily so. Hooks been great at sgi given their challenges.

If you can win next week, you deserve a shot at the big dance.

I think we all agree the stormers are nrl (non fatal) co-vid. Just that nasty cold we can’t rid off. All their nasty spoiling footy, not on the spirit of the game.
If Ivan has any serious coaching ability then Souths have done us a solid with the arse kicking. Our issues are more mental than ability. It's up to the coach to get that sorted.

If Ivan has any serious coaching ability then Souths have done us a solid with the arse kicking. Our issues are more mental than ability. It's up to the coach to get that sorted.
Well I guess we will all find out if he can manage it. I’m not envious of his task.

That tafe kid blew me away. I’m still in icu recovering from his game!

He didn’t have experience or licence to play that well. It’s was a reverse smug situation.

soc123_au

Staff member
No-one is more gutted than me that Reyno is going. I think it's a huge mistake but I do feel a little better about it after seeing how Ilias went against the Dragons. As long as we keep Cody I think we'll be fine.
I'm not really familiar with your current crop of young ones, but the ones I saw in the Dragons game looked promising. Taafe was excellent last night, especially recovering from his early error. It will be interesting where he ends up when Latrell is back, early days yet, but it could end up like our situation with Burton, 2 pegs, one hole.

I just dont rate Walker under pressure. Without Reynolds controlling things I see him losing his head. A bit like Luai without Cleary.

I'm not really familiar with your current crop of young ones, but the ones I saw in the Dragons game looked promising. Taafe was excellent last night, especially recovering from his early error. It will be interesting where he ends up when Latrell is back, early days yet, but it could end up like our situation with Burton, 2 pegs, one hole.

I just dont rate Walker under pressure. Without Reynolds controlling things I see him losing his head. A bit like Luai without Cleary.
I respectfully disagree.

Cody is a truly extraordinary player. He plays instinctive footy. You can’t train for it, it’s all natural and innate.

Ive watched him closely since his game v knights last year. Put him on slo-mo and all that.

He’s about the best 5/8 I’ve ever seen in terms of handling and passing skills and easily, right here and now, the best in the world at these skills.

He’s an enjoyable player to study. Lots of thrills.

He can feign at least two options and then choose a third. In full flight, he simply can’t be contained.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I respectfully disagree.

Cody is a truly extraordinary player. He plays instinctive footy. You can’t train for it, it’s all natural and innate.

Ive watched him closely since his game v knights last year. Put him on slo-mo and all that.

He’s about the best 5/8 I’ve ever seen in terms of handling and passing skills. He’s the best in the world at these competencies.
He does freakish things when he is on for sure, just not much good when the teams on the back foot. He cant seem to get the momentum to swing like Reynolds can.

Latest posts