What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 finals - game day thread Eels v Knights

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought the Knights played well. BA picked a dumb bench.Honestly Kafusi gives us punch. Matterson is one of our better forwards also. Unsure how they didn't make the side.
Makatoa is a journeymen.

Dunster impressed me. He does the work. His cart backs are not Sivo like but are far better then I thought.

Fergos done. Yes he still a great finisher but he can't defend. His feet look like they are in quicksand when trying to turn. That Knights try from the kick I thought he had covered easily. So slow to accelerate.
I like that our outside backs all made so many carries. Seventy runs between the four of them. If our forwards had made more runs I don't think we would've held the Knights to four tries. I love Junior Paulo but the merkin could've been more effective in defence with fewer minutes.

Makatoa 4 runs in 14 minutes. Matterson would've been better, especially in defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Best 3 for us...Stone, Waqa and Moses
Honourable mentions Jnr, RCG, Haze, Penisini and Nuikore.
I think there may be a case for Matto, Kaufusi and Lussick will come back in if fit.
I'd drop Lane and Makatoa. Smith out if Lussick fit
f**ken Lane. He could've stopped that Hunt try if he gave a shit. Just watched him stroll by.

hindy111

Post Whore
I like that our outside backs all made so many carries. Seventy runs between the four of them. If our forwards had made more runs I don't think we would've held the Knights to four tries. I love Junior Paulo but the merkin could've been more effective in defence with fewer minutes.

Makatoa 4 runs in 14 minutes. Matterson would've been better, especially in defence.

Matterson not playing is something more like attitude. He said not played for 3 weeks so unfit. Well RCG didn't play for 5 and was injured so was unable to train for part of that also.
I call bullshit.

Eelogical

Referee
BA said Matto would be 18th man but NRL had Oppy in that role. What the f is going on with Matto?
I reckon he'll play next week considering our possible suspensions. I also thought Lane was a passenger out there today. He never seems to play with the urgency required, especially in the big games.

Latest posts