What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Week 2 finals - Eels v Panthers (and Ivan)

EelsFan05

Bench
People have changed on Waqa Blake from before as well. He’s finally starting to show the sort of form he had when he carved us up playing for the Panthers.
I think Waqa has been the big improver in the last month or so. He needs to develop a step to straighten up his run and draw the outside defender. He runs at an angle towards the sideline and the defence just follows him. By the time Dunter gets the ball he has nowhere to go. The only time Dunster gets space is when they cut Waqa out.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Panthers are less threatening these days, few guys there not in great form

This is probably our grand final game. We have never gone beyond this stage of the competition under Brad Arthur and this group of players. Time to do it

Cant see us beating a refreshed Melbourne the following week. So we need to throw the kitchen sink in this match and get a win

Be interesting to see if Matto is selected (he should be). If he is fit and raring to go and misses out, then id go as far as say he has played his last game for Parra.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Marata got off wow. This what I hate about the NRL - incosistency. They officiate different rules depending on if it's finals, Origin or regular season.

Sphagnum

Coach
Penrith we’re pretty gash against Souths. They spent the whole second half trying to score off every tackle and built no pressure whatsoever.

If we stay with them for as long as possible the signs are there that they will panic and start playing dumb footy.

hopefully matto will be back and lane will be benched to play in the middle. I’d also prefer papa starting and niukore coming off the bench.

Soto

Bench
Confirmed...fines only

I would still make 3 changes...yes hear me out.
Matto in for Lane, Lussick in means Will Smith out and Kaufusi in for Makatoa...
Matto left 2nd row. Lane is too lazy. Matto is also a better defender...
Kaufusi and Papalii the 2 middles on the bench and unleash Stone to axe JFH from the start. Nullify their go fwd. Start NBrown on the bench. Can't let them dominate. We need to set the pace of the game and not be chasing it

Tooooks

Bench
Confirmed...fines only

I would still make 3 changes...yes hear me out.
Matto in for Lane, Lussick in means Will Smith out and Kaufusi in for Makatoa...
Matto left 2nd row. Lane is too lazy. Matto is also a better defender...
Kaufusi and Papalii the 2 middles on the bench and unleash Stone to axe JFH from the start. Nullify their go fwd. Start NBrown on the bench. Can't let them dominate. We need to set the pace of the game and not be chasing it
I agree with all of this. I really hope that’s how BA plays it.

soc123_au

Staff member
People have changed on Waqa Blake from before as well. He’s finally starting to show the sort of form he had when he carved us up playing for the Panthers.
There is a bloody good Rugby League player hiding inside Waqa. He just needs to let it out more often. It's good to see him finding a bit of form again finally. Although I hope he has a shocker this week.

RCG was huge yesterday too. I'm expecting him to go after Fish this week. It should be fun to watch.

Gronk

Staff member
There is a bloody good Rugby League player hiding inside Waqa. He just needs to let it out more often. It's good to see him finding a bit of form again finally. Although I hope he has a shocker this week.

RCG was huge yesterday too. I'm expecting him to go after Fish this week. It should be fun to watch.

So what went wrong with you guys vs Souths ?

giphy.gif

soc123_au

Staff member
So what went wrong with you guys vs Souths ?

giphy.gif
Where to start? lol.

Ivan getting roped in to a battle of wits with Skeletor was the start of it. Shit bench use didnt help either. Dumping Staines a while back and then bringing him back out of the blue was odd. Mostly I think we had already ticked it off as a win and were already thinking about the prelim.

Souffs played really well and we went away from playing the build pressure approach. I think the game this week will have 2 potential outcomes, my prefered of the 2 is we make a statement and belt you, the other is we still defend well but lose all composure in attack and you get us in a low scoring game. My only consolation in option 2 is you guys seem to have the game to rattle the Storm, if we cant get the chance to beat them I hope you do and go all the way. It would mean BA gets an extension, but jagging a comp would be worth it.

Latest posts