What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

What do you mean? I just want you to get out there any enjoy the community ASAP. There is no danger so why are you getting your back up?
Just surprised that you are advocating what we should have done from day one. All those living in fear, following all the BS Govt/Med rules over something no more deadly than the flu that we all handled every season prior sans lockdown, masks, contract tracing etc need to wake up pronto! Do any of you ever wonder why things such as Delta variant only showed it's self around the same time as the world's vaccination effort started in earnest.
Once you've had the jab there is no turning back and no-one, not even the drug makers, know the effects (including boosters) on those participants in their experiment, long term!

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Just surprised that you are advocating what we should have done from day one. All those living in fear, following all the BS Govt/Med rules over something no more deadly than the flu that we all handled every season prior sans lockdown, masks, contract tracing etc need to wake up pronto! Do any of you ever wonder why things such as Delta variant only showed it's self around the same time as the world's vaccination effort started in earnest.
Once you've had the jab there is no turning back and no-one, not even the drug makers, know the effects (including boosters) on those participants in their experiment, long term!
Meh….hope your missus is a good cook.

Well, the stats say it is far more deadly than the flu. As for the "big Pharma Argument.... Why would "big Pharma " want to kill off their best customers ? As far as conspiracy and NWO theories , well the actual discovery and release of the virus is where anyone with half a brain would look ,because the heart of conspiracies depends on control of a few key people , not trashing an entire system meant to remove ,dogma, religion,and a multitude of human protection systems that we all use as our teddy bears, to try and get to the truth. I trust Scientific Method . I realise it is used by ppl with ulterior motives , , that is why consensus is so important , because overall the method will weed out the phonies. I suspect Someone working for a big Oil /gas/ Coal / Company on a huge wage is more likely to look to justify their position than someone depending on govt grants to continue research into not so popular aspects of this world on a true scientific basis.

Last edited:

carinashark

First Grade
You are Seriously f#%&’d if you get it. But if you think it’s no more deadly than the common flu. Well you should be fine. Positive thinking, keep breathing, it’s all a scam right.

In 2019 the total deaths (Flu & pneumonia included this particular year) was more than 2020 totals (where I guess flu and pneum. became CV-19) Funny that!
With over 98% chance of survival, if I get it, I'll trust my natural immune system like most of those that survived last year -without a safe & effective experimental vax!

Craigshark

First Grade
You are Seriously f#%&’d if you get it. But if you think it’s no more deadly than the common flu. Well you should be fine. Positive thinking, keep breathing, it’s all a scam right.

I don’t think it’s a hoax, but your first sentence is a bit of a stretch isn’t it? Aren’t 99% of cases mild?

Inferno

Coach
In 2019 the total deaths (Flu & pneumonia included this particular year) was more than 2020 totals (where I guess flu and pneum. became CV-19) Funny that!
With over 98% chance of survival, if I get it, I'll trust my natural immune system like most of those that survived last year -without a safe & effective experimental vax!
They were lower in 2020 you muppet because people were staying at home and practicing social distancing!

If we did nothing you'd be happy for 1 in 50 people you know to die from it?

Ozzi_78

First Grade
They were lower in 2020 you muppet because people were staying at home and practicing social distancing!

If we did nothing you'd be happy for 1 in 50 people you know to die from it?
Won’t be me. I’m safe. Can go to footy too.

carinashark

First Grade
I don’t think it’s a hoax, but your first sentence is a bit of a stretch isn’t it? Aren’t 99% of cases mild?
I don’t believe that 99% figure . I have heard and seen it printed but there is nothing about it in anything offical. We dont see the survivor numbers. I know of two 70 year olds that have died from it. I’m 69 so wear a mask have the double vax and live rural . You would think I should be ok, but. If the 99% figure was true why all the fuss? I don’t believe we are being told enough the truth by any gov or health people.

Like all these people I suppose...

‘It’s too late’: US doctor says dying patients begging for Covid vaccineAt least 99% of those in US who died of Covid in the last six months had not been vaccinated, says CDC director Dr Rochelle Walensky
In places such as Alabama, only 33% of people who can receive the vaccine had been fully vaccinated, as of 20 July.
In places such as Alabama, only 33% of people who can receive the vaccine had been fully vaccinated, as of 20 July. Photograph: Julie Bennett/APSarah Betancourt@sweetadelinevtFri 23 Jul 2021 02.19 AEST

What the US government is calling “the pandemic of the unvaccinated” is playing out in painful ways as some realize too late that they wish they had had the shot, while others hold out even as they suffer in hospital amid a national surge of new Covid-19 infections, primarily caused by the Delta variant.
At least 99% of those in the US who died of coronavirus in the last six months had not been vaccinated, Dr Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has said.
Medical personnel work in the COVID-19 medical screening annex at NYC Health + Hospitals Metropolitan, Wednesday, May 27, 2020, in New York. At hospitals around the country, nurses, doctors and other health care workers are reckoning with the psychological toll of the virus fight, coupled with fears that the disease could flare anew later this year. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

Meanwhile vaccination rates have slowed down nationwide and are especially low in some of the more conservative, southern parts of the country, despite more than 610,000 people in the US dying of the virus since the pandemic hit in early 2020.
In places such as Alabama, only 33% of people who can receive the vaccine had been fully vaccinated, as of 20 July.
Advertisement

On Monday, a doctor in a Birmingham, Alabama, hospital, Brytney Cobia, said that all but one of her Covid patients at Grandview medical center didn’t receive the vaccine, with the one who had expected to make a full recovery after receiving oxygen, she told the Birmingham News. Several others are dying.
“I’m admitting young, healthy people to the hospital with very serious Covid infections,” wrote Cobia in a Facebook post on Sunday.
“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late,” she added, referring to patients who have to be put on a ventilator.
Alabama public health officials recently reported 96% of Alabamians who have died of Covid since April were not fully vaccinated.

Among the people succumbing to the deadly disease are those who are increasingly catching the Delta variant of the coronavirus, which is far more contagious than the original.
The variant now makes up 83% of new cases in the US, according to Walensky.
“This is a dramatic increase, up from 50% for the week of July 3,” she said.
In Louisiana, only 36% of eligible people have been vaccinated.
Local pharmaceutical researcher Paula Johnson put off getting the vaccine, and was sent to the hospital in an ambulance with Covid-19.
Johnson, who had no co-morbidities, told CBS News she was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance with Covid-19 symptoms. “I couldn’t breathe. I just – all of a sudden, my lungs just didn’t work,” she said, describing it as “hitting a wall”. Now she wants the vaccine.
According to the CDC, people who have had Covid-19 can still get the shot, but some may have to wait 90 days depending on the treatment they received.

Johnson now urges others not to wait. “I’d say get the vaccine, take the chance, it can’t hurt, all it can do is alleviate some of the symptoms, even if it doesn’t keep you from getting it – it will at least help you get through it,” she said.
With the rise in infections, hospitalizations and deaths Joe Biden once again urged unvaccinated Americans to take the “gigantically important step” of getting their shots, when he addressed a CNN town hall in Cincinnati on Wednesday evening.
The White House is currently debating whether to ask vaccinated Americans to wear masks again, especially in areas where the Delta variant is surging. Meanwhile, the CDC is considering updating its masking guidance.

The Delta variant is understood to spread two to three times faster than the original version of the virus.
Researchers at the Guangdong Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention said the variant grows more rapidly inside people’s respiratory tracts and becomes more infectious sooner.
The recent surges of the virus in the US are convincing even some who downplayed the impact of the pandemic to promote vaccinations.

Fox News is belatedly jumping on board to convince people to get inoculated.
The cable news station aired a public service announcement on Wednesday to encourage viewers to get the vaccine. “America, we’re in this together,” the Fox & Friends show anchor Steve Doocy said in the ad, while host Harris Faulkner said: “If you can, get the vaccine” before a screenshot of the CDC’s website appeared.
Less than an hour after the PSA aired on Wednesday, and while the US president was on live TV begging people to get vaccinated, the Fox News host Tucker Carlson implied Fox’s decision to promote vaccines was a poor one, although he actually lashed out at CNN.
Carlson said that “as a channel, CNN shouldn’t have a position on whether you should take medicine or not, because it’s a news channel, it’s not a health agency”.
He later added, cryptically: “Why is a news channel doing this? Any news channel. A lot of them are.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...us-covid-unvaccinated-hospital-rates-vaccines

A new study from Israel, one of the most vaccinated countries in the world, claims that “fully vaccinated” people are significantly more likely to get infected with COVID-19 and develop symptoms requiring hospitalization than those who are unvaccinated and have the natural immunity that comes from catching the virus and recovering.

The study, Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections, examined medical records of tens of thousands of people between the dates of June 1 and August 14 and is currently the largest real-world observational study to date on coronavirus immunity with respects to both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.

So which lot (your examples or mine) is fake news?? I'd say sooner, rather than later, we will find out!
Is running the risk of coming through it unscathed worth finding out?

DJDL

Bench
I haven't dropped in on this thread in ages. What a time to check in...

Let me guess, Thickskinned, you're one of the "woke" who also believes the government has been secretly microchipping us for decades through smallpox or measles vaccines or whatever.

A new study from Israel, one of the most vaccinated countries in the world, claims that “fully vaccinated” people are significantly more likely to get infected with COVID-19 and develop symptoms requiring hospitalization than those who are unvaccinated and have the natural immunity that comes from catching the virus and recovering.

The study, Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections, examined medical records of tens of thousands of people between the dates of June 1 and August 14 and is currently the largest real-world observational study to date on coronavirus immunity with respects to both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.

So which lot (your examples or mine) is fake news?? I'd say sooner, rather than later, we will find out!
You have a link to this legitimate study right?

Craigshark

First Grade
I don’t believe that 99% figure . I have heard and seen it printed but there is nothing about it in anything offical. We dont see the survivor numbers. I know of two 70 year olds that have died from it. I’m 69 so wear a mask have the double vax and live rural . You would think I should be ok, but. If the 99% figure was true why all the fuss? I don’t believe we are being told enough the truth by any gov or health people.

I’d like to begin by saying I’m vaccinated before anyone accuses me of otherwise. I’m assuming the way they get to that figure of 99% or close to being mild, is by looking at the hospital/icu case numbers against the actual number of cases itself? I haven’t looked recently, but I think it is only a very small % that end up in hospital/icu. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

^

that’s what all the fuss is about on the Alan Jones etc side of the argument

bubs

Juniors
A quick Google search of that website shows a huge list of 'fake news' reports.
So, keep up the conspiracy theories, Thick Headed Shark.
You might want to try reputable news sources to spread information. Just an idea.
Heil Trump.
WWG1WGA.
JFC.