What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

handyman2190

Bench
I think Manly is going to re -sign Dylan. I heard on BSB they were trying to move Suli. Funny how things turn about - midseason Dylan was definitely off with Manly hierarchy
I heard the same thing,but he hasnt signed yet,and southy said we were talking to someone, he is still playing good football id pay 400k, suli apparently has agreed to st merge, manly were waiting for the return of 50k they paid merge for saab,like a transfer fee,now its fair game reversed, but id love suli,he would cause havoc in our backline

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I heard the same thing,but he hasnt signed yet,and southy said we were talking to someone, he is still playing good football id pay 400k, suli apparently has agreed to st merge, manly were waiting for the return of 50k they paid merge for saab,like a transfer fee,now its fair game reversed, but id love suli,he would cause havoc in our backline
I'd prefer Dylan, think he'd be ideal but I doubt our management see it the same way.

southsport

First Grade
I think Suli has already signed with the dragons.

Ikonic

Juniors
Reports are Marty Tapau is free to leave Manly next year
Wow what a signing he would be
Wouldn’t come cheap though

callmack1

Staff member
It's already been revealed that we have signed Travis Tauma from the Roosters to be our Head of High Performance in 2022. It's now been revealed what's happening with Jarrod Wade. He has signed with The AFL club Collingwood. So good on him, thanks for all the work you've done for us over the years Jarrod, you've done a great job. Do everything you can in the coming weeks to help us send you off with a Premiership too!

Also, from the Daily Telegraph,

1631778490778.png

Ideally, I'd like to keep Burnsy. He is a great guy to have as a back up and with Gags departing next year, we could need him if we don't make anymore signings. I believe there is a genuine, consistent first grader in him, he just needs to get it right which for a number of reasons, injury being a big one, he hasn't been able to.

It is interesting to hear that we've offered him unders though because it indicates he's not a high priority for the club which further indicates we have a plan to fill Gagai's spot and burns is not that main plan. I'm hoping that means we have a decent signing lined up there which is potentially exciting!!

So with all that in mind, I back the club's decision to offer unders and while I'd love to keep him, it won't be a massive deal if he departs.

handyman2190

Bench
It's already been revealed that we have signed Travis Tauma from the Roosters to be our Head of High Performance in 2022. It's now been revealed what's happening with Jarrod Wade. He has signed with The AFL club Collingwood. So good on him, thanks for all the work you've done for us over the years Jarrod, you've done a great job. Do everything you can in the coming weeks to help us send you off with a Premiership too!

Also, from the Daily Telegraph,

View attachment 53982

Ideally, I'd like to keep Burnsy. He is a great guy to have as a back up and with Gags departing next year, we could need him if we don't make anymore signings. I believe there is a genuine, consistent first grader in him, he just needs to get it right which for a number of reasons, injury being a big one, he hasn't been able to.

It is interesting to hear that we've offered him unders though because it indicates he's not a high priority for the club which further indicates we have a plan to fill Gagai's spot and burns is not that main plan. I'm hoping that means we have a decent signing lined up there which is potentially exciting!!

So with all that in mind, I back the club's decision to offer unders and while I'd love to keep him, it won't be a massive deal if he departs.
The problem with burns is he has become injury prone and fragile,the few games he has played this year he has gone down to be treated, i for one sit with bated breath waiting to see if he gets up, he also has a mistake in him and seems to have lost speed, in saying that he as a replacement is good,permanent 1st grade i have my doubts, still id like to keep him. He would be 1 of the ones the club would be wary of giving more than a year at a time and probably offered 120k min wage.
We all know to hook a player another club needs to offer more money and perhaps1st grade, we would need to replace him now being 2 centres short.

handyman2190

Bench
Apparently there is a gun second rower out newcastle way,zac hoskin, who is considered very good, these are the types we should be looking for and signing

southsport

First Grade
Apparently there is a gun second rower out newcastle way,zac hoskin, who is considered very good, these are the types we should be looking for and signing
I was reading this on another site, he sounds good, is off-contract due to the knights cap squeeze and would be worth taking a look at I think.

Latest posts