What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
i couldnt care if we get bundled out in the second week. I am just happy to have a team that wins more than looses.

I totally agree.

This is the first year where we've had many players in origin. It takes it's toil. Just thrilled that the team is in the finals with a chance to win.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's a massive choke if we aren't playing GF day
How? We have to beat the best team in the competition to make it. Storm are clearly better than we are

Losing against Souths was poor but our form had been poor for months so it's not really a choke losing to a team that only finished 2 points behind us.

Honestly how can losing to any top 4 side be considered choking when they were all in arguably better form than us since Origin ended? We might have finished second. But we were not the second best team form wise. We were the best up to Origin. Then we dropped to about 4th or 5th best .

That said if we are eliminated by Eels that would be a choke.

Vicpanther

Juniors
How? We have to beat the best team in the competition to make it. Storm are clearly better than we are

Losing against Souths was poor but our form had been poor for months so it's not really a choke losing to a team that only finished 2 points behind us.

Honestly how can losing to any top 4 side be considered choking when they were all in arguably better form than us since Origin ended? We might have finished second. But we were not the second best team form wise. We were the best up to Origin. Then we dropped to about 4th or 5th best .

depends what eels turn up. the storm beating eels i could live with. But the team that played last week i couldnt.

Smug Panther

First Grade

We choked last week. Can save still save it though

Kilkenny

Coach
We choked. Going away from everything that got us to September is a choke, we played a whole different game
Your views and opinions are so disrespectful of all the players, coaching and support staff attached to our club is rather sad.

The fact is our drop off in form, was a combination of a lot of factors around the SOO period, injuries, suspensions, Covid and a host of other factors.

It has not been as a consequence of failing to perform under extreme pressure. If we choked against the Bunnies they would have put 30-40-50 on us, the fact is they didn’t. The fact is we created opportunities which could or should have been enough to win us the game, but simply we failed to execute as well as we can. Had we of chocked so to speak we would have folded under the Bunnies pressure and the shoreline would have been a blowout but instead we actually created the games best opportunities and only poor execution let us down. That is not the definition of choking, it is just the sad reality of losing.

TheRiff

Juniors
A lot of people have accepted our history of mediocrity and just want to win individual games/make finals.

We punted a reasonably successful coach to win the comp, Chose Ivan over Bennett. Have arguably the best player in the game, backed up by an Orgin 6, 9 and Origin backrow. The time for accepting mediocrity is long gone!

There was a table I saw somewhere since 2016, We are 3rd in games won, yet only have one appearance in the Grand Final to show for it. The Salary Cap will close the premiership window very soon, likely next year is it ( depending on Kikau and Api).

Gus didn't create a $25m Academy to just make the finals, trophies are the aim

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
im perfectly happy with that, anything more is just a bonus.

I totally agree. My world doesn't begin and end with the outcome of a footy game. I enjoy the wins. But much more than that I enjoy watching the team I support do well. If you honestly think that bowing out 2nd week in the finals is a failure. I can't help you.

We should be enjoying the opportunities of finals not nit picking everything negative.

TheRiff

Juniors
Your views and opinions are so disrespectful of all the players, coaching and support staff attached to our club is rather sad.

The fact is our drop off in form, was a combination of a lot of factors around the SOO period, injuries, suspensions, Covid and a host of other factors.

It has not been as a consequence of failing to perform under extreme pressure. If we choked against the Bunnies they would have put 30-40-50 on us, the fact is they didn’t. The fact is we created opportunities which could or should have been enough to win us the game, but simply we failed to execute as well as we can. Had we of chocked so to speak we would have folded under the Bunnies pressure and the shoreline would have been a blowout but instead we actually created the games best opportunities and only poor execution let us down. That is not the definition of choking, it is just the sad reality of losing.
To drop off in form in the biggest game of the year, Is the very meaning of choking in Sport

Latest posts