What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I hope you spend retirement listening to a blender going at 5am mixing fresh fruit that you have to drink while craving bacon and eggs. Amd your Winnerbago thing breaks down in middle of NT
I will never own a Winnebago. Don't see the point of them.

King-Gutho94

Coach
With all the talk about BA all year it's incredible that Cleary and him are basically even until Saturday night. All the pressure is with Cleary, even more than BA. After losing the GF and possibly going out in straight sets Cleary will be labelled a choker.
Booze rothfield is calling ivan the new Brian smith in the telegraph tomorrow

F005A623-702B-4E4E-B631-AD87916ED4B1.jpeg
ohh ooh ohh!

Bea just hit the wall, thought he had it all
Smashed the storm one day
Paid too much for Shaun Lane

His dreams went out the door, when he turned 44
Only been with 2 clubs, what happened to his plan?

Bea was going to be an actress
Bea was going to coach the stars
Bea was going to shake his ass
On the hood of Hadleys car
Blue golden suv is now the enemy
Looks at his coaching life nothing has been alright

Since Cronin and Bugden
Way before McCracken
There was Pricey and Kenny
And footy still on abc
His kid is immortal
Us fans all think Beas real cool
Because he’s still preoccupied with 19 19 1985

Where’s Beas mini skirt made of snakeskin?
And who’s this Vlandys guy, a nazi in the making?
When did the footy show get cancelled
And whatever happened to Ray Warrens calling mantle?

since:

Mosley and ella
Way before the piggy
There was Atkins and Henry
And footy still on free TV
Taylor, Greg Hartley, Fitzy and kolcky
We’re all pre occupied with 19 19 1985!

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Journos talk about BAs abilities and future.

Avenger

Immortal
I thought he did a great job. You need plenty of luck to win these tough semi final games. I’m happy with our season after losing 3 hookers through injury.

BA makes some mistakes but who doesn’t? I give BA a B+ for season 2021. We were courageous and the players obviously love playing for him.

Let’s make a call on BA mid 2022.

We are definitely up there as one of the better teams in the comp and can beat any team on our day.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I dont know we are in bind aren't we. I was off BA 6 weeks ago i thought he stuffed up by picking his son out of his depth which had a flow on effect to the team.

But the recovery in the past month was outstanding and to be admired.

Our core is still young but we just dont have a x-factor gamebreaker i think that will win us a comp.

What to do with BA and the off-contract players. Gee you could maybe give a 1 year extension but KPI's have to made to trigger it or lessen the payout. But that is probably delaying the inevitable.

Tough decisions to be made i suppose because the media will be all over it and be a massive distraction early next year

jason taylor

Bench
I thought he did a great job. You need plenty of luck to win these tough semi final games. I’m happy with our season after losing 3 hookers through injury.

BA makes some mistakes but who doesn’t? I give BA a B+ for season 2021. We were courageous and the players obviously love playing for him.

Let’s make a call on BA mid 2022.

We are definitely up there as one of the better teams in the comp and can beat any team on our day.
100% agree. I believe he’s bought himself till at least mid next season given how he got the team to lift to another level when it seemed we were finished for the year.

Additionally, we’re finally seeing some out and out talented juniors emerge in the top 17, which has always been one of my criticisms of the club since the Brian Smith years (talent identification and promotion). I think the true test will be the next 6 months in terms of recruitment and retention given the players we have off contract.

Noise

Coach
100% agree. I believe he’s bought himself till at least mid next season given how he got the team to lift to another level when it seemed we were finished for the year.

Additionally, we’re finally seeing some out and out talented juniors emerge in the top 17, which has always been one of my criticisms of the club since the Brian Smith years (talent identification and promotion). I think the true test will be the next 6 months in terms of recruitment and retention given the players we have off contract.
Recruitment and retention will be difficult whilst the coach’s future is up in the air.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Reckon our squad is looking pretty good for 2022.

I wouId be giving BA a 1 extension during the offseason…

he has done a fair job….

give us stability, helps resign players, keeps us out of the media…

then if we really stuff up in 2022, sack him…I reckon the cost of sacking him is less then the instability of not re-signing him…

King-Gutho94

Coach
Reckon our squad is looking pretty good for 2022.

I wouId be giving BA a 1 extension during the offseason…

he has done a fair job….

give us stability, helps resign players, keeps us out of the media…

then if we really stuff up in 2022, sack him…I reckon the cost of sacking him is less then the instability of not re-signing him…

Yep i am leaning towards that but also KPI's met in regards to payout if we dont make finals next year maybe BA only gets 25% payout. As BA survival is relying on finals. The next time we miss the finals its all over for BA

Would BA agree to that though i suppose does he back himself in or run the gauntlet.

Eelectrica

Referee
Had we been dusted 40-4 or something, I'd say fire away. After that effort though, I can't.

See what next year brings and make a decision half way through the year.
Need to find a way to unshackle our attack though. At times ae can look ok, mostly though we look ordinary with the ball.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Maybe it's time to part ways with Joey Johns, if he still consults to the club - I'm not sure he's the answer to getting anything extra from our attack than is there already?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe it's time to part ways with Joey Johns, if he still consults to the club - I'm not sure he's the answer to getting anything extra from our attack than is there already?
I reckon he has done a decent job. He isn’t an attack coach but a halves coach..,

moses has had his best season and so has Maloney.

it’s really about teaching them about decision making…