What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Preliminary Semifinal V Storm

The Realist

Juniors
Yep agree, Naden was so good last night on wing, doesn't deserve to be dropped and Critter is wasted on wing. Ivan wont drop Momo though.

Yeah he was very good. No where near as brain snappy or lazy in defense as he usually is. I wish him all the best for next year, hopefully with a Premiership Ring as a fitting send off. He has given this club very good service since he came back.

Bodhi

Juniors
Yeah I know hooker cover is the point. Just thinking if Api gets through 80 minutes we're basically wasting a spot. I know it's definitely a risk. If desperate could throw Luai there and Burton to 5/8 or something.

Like I said I know it's a bit out of left field and a risk.
This. We need to match them in the forwards if we are to win. I'd go with Martin, Leniu, TPJ and Sorensen on the bench (assuming Kikau is fit to take his place in the starting 13). If Kikau is out then Martin to the starting line-up and Tago on the pine.

maple_69

Bench
I wouldn’t be having a guy like May/Kenny riding the pine in case of injury. Yeo and Api need to play 80 so both May and Kenny would just be there in case of injury. I think we need to use that position to add something when we need it against Melbourne rather than having an insurance policy.

Edwards, To’o, Burton, Crichton, Naden, Luai, Cleary, Leota, Api, Fish, Martin, Capewell, Yeo, Leniu/Kikau, Sorenson, TPJ, Tago I think is our best shot.

TheRiff

Juniors
I wouldn’t be having a guy like May/Kenny riding the pine in case of injury. Yeo and Api need to play 80 so both May and Kenny would just be there in case of injury. I think we need to use that position to add something when we need it against Melbourne rather than having an insurance policy.

Edwards, To’o, Burton, Crichton, Naden, Luai, Cleary, Leota, Api, Fish, Martin, Capewell, Yeo, Leniu/Kikau, Sorenson, TPJ, Tago I think is our best shot.

Only takes one high shot, forced rest for 10 mins

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
3 tries in 3 games, I cannot see it working out, I'm hoping I'm wrong

Really ? I thought Penrith won the last game of the season.....by 34 points. Obviously literacy and numeracy aren't skills that you currently have.....🥳

Blue Bags if you're going to be on here, do try and keep up. 🤣

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
With all the media hate that will be coming this week over the officiating against Parra I have a feeling we are going to get arse raped with no foreplay or lube by the officials against the Storm.

Perhaps: It happened last year in the grand final against the Storm. But I somehow think this year we may be better prepared for it all.....(so to speak)

Did the earth move for you darling ? 😂

The_Frog

First Grade
Looks like we will need a new trainer for the weekend ours is I. A bit of trouble.he received a warning earlier in the year from the NRL
He will be asked to explain calling for the game to be stoped for the Kenny Injury from the side line before he had gone out to Kenny to acess the injury
These people can often tell the nature of an injury by the mechanism by which it occurred. Parra weren't going to score against us. Their only score was from a very lucky bounce in the 10th minute.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
These people can often tell the nature of an injury by the mechanism by which it occurred. Parra weren't going to score against us. Their only score was from a very lucky bounce in the 10th minute.

The rules have been posted around online. Apparently they have to assess the player first. It does look like he went outside the accepted process though the touch judge should have said as much during the game.

GongPanther

Referee
With all the media hate that will be coming this week over the officiating against Parra I have a feeling we are going to get arse raped with no foreplay or lube by the officials against the Storm.
I have a strong feeling that it is our time. We've come too far to come up short, so in effect this is the 1st of 2 GFs. We get this, then only self doubt will beat us in the GF.

BxTom

Bench
I have a strong feeling that it is our time. We've come too far to come up short, so in effect this is the 1st of 2 GFs. We get this, then only self doubt will beat us in the GF.
I have that feeling too. Going the hard way takes the "They had an easy draw" argument out of it. I don't have a huge lot of confidence (I have been a fan since '66 after all), but I think the boys just might do it.

GO THE MIGHTY PANTHERS!!

The_Frog

First Grade
The rules have been posted around online. Apparently they have to assess the player first. It does look like he went outside the accepted process though the touch judge should have said as much during the game.
So why did the ref stop the game then if the requirements had not been met? Send Peter Wallace out there if Pete Green is banned. Surely they won't stop him being in the dressing room. Player welfare has to be considered. I reckon they'll just fine the club.

Last edited:

Latest posts