What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep, our backline looks very exciting next year. Potentially ready to match our pack.

assuming Sivo doesn’t start the year and a youngster replaces him, we could have 4 players under 23 (Dunster, Will, drown, Russell ) and 3 experienced players (Moses, Gutho, blake).

I nice combo of youth and experienced. When was the last time we actually had a few promising youngsters in the backline.
Its not that long ago we had a very inexperienced spine. I guess it does take time. Is it possible our style will change given we may have more speed and less power?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If our club was in the bottom 4 we wouldn't of lost guys like Twal and Stephano. Success come at a cost.
I reckon Penrith hold onto Burton to if they where not a top 8 club.
If we were shit we'd also have more room in the cap and the squad to keep those merkins. Some idiots are hoping we sign some top 17 cover for Sivo. That's the best way to lose kids like Russell. What has he done ffs?? people might ask. Making your NRL debut as a teenager is no guarantee, but it is a fair indicator of potential. There are no guarantees in our game.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I’m sure it will, look at the way our attack has evolved the last 8 seasons……… oh wait 😐
We have evolved

Its gone from pass or kick it to Jarryd - 2014

Then it went pass or kick it to Semi - 2015-17

2018 - there was no plan

Then it went pass or kick it to sivo. 2019-2021

emjaycee

Coach
Yep, our backline looks very exciting next year. Potentially ready to match our pack.

assuming Sivo doesn’t start the year and a youngster replaces him, we could have 4 players under 23 (Dunster, Will, drown, Russell ) and 3 experienced players (Moses, Gutho, blake).

I nice combo of youth and experienced. When was the last time we actually had a few promising youngsters in the backline.
1980 ;)

emjaycee

Coach
Well I kinda reckon you nailed it.
Do you have an opinion on the people involved in scouting, identification etc both internally and externally?
No mate.
I hear some names of juniors being talked about sometimes but don't have much on that side.
My involvement with the juniors stops at Under 12's.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Would we want Charlie Staines if he was available at 300k? I'm not so sure about him, in fact I don't rate him at all, but I also though Saab was a complete dud too.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Would we want Charlie Staines if he was available at 300k? I'm not so sure about him, in fact I don't rate him at all, but I also though Saab was a complete dud too.
My penrith mate hopes he never plays first grade for penrith again.

Dont be fooled by his try scoring strike rate
He is similar to sivo scores a shit load of tries untouched set up by his inside men.

That game against Parramatta eariler in the year he was shaky under the high ball papali'i scored a try from one

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
My penrith mate hopes he never plays first grade for penrith again.

Dont be fooled by his try scoring strike rate
He is similar to sivo scores a shit load of tries untouched set up by his inside men.

That game against Parramatta eariler in the year he was shaky under the high ball papali'i scored a try from one
I'm not fooled. As I said I don't rate him at all. It's funny how he was the next big thing though, in general I think we are too quick to write young fellas off, especially in the last coupe of years where there has been no lower grades. Shows how good the Penis is that he actually got better once in first grade.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I'm not fooled. As I said I don't rate him at all. It's funny how he was the next big thing though, in general I think we are too quick to write young fellas off, especially in the last coupe of years where there has been no lower grades. Shows how good the Penis is that he actually got better once in first grade.
Gus rates him big time.