What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith from everyone’s second favourite club in 2003 to absolute hated club in 2021:

TheRiff

Juniors
Without any tongue in cheekness it is good for RL for Penrith to be doing well. With the junior base its about bloody time.
But it would be so much easier to support them if they showed some humility and if their coach could lose with grace, hell if their coach could win with grace. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

How much of it is the NBA influence though? That is young people these days.

blaza88z

Coach
Really? I live in Balmain and nobody here gives a flying f**k about PENRITH

Even people in PENRITH don't give a fk about PENRITH, he is just winding you up mate

It's the budget "pride of the league" attempt from PENRITH fans, they'll get flogged today and it'll be over with

This Year?

Immortal
Without any tongue in cheekness it is good for RL for Penrith to be doing well. With the junior base its about bloody time.
But it would be so much easier to support them if they showed some humility and if their coach could lose with grace, hell if their coach could win with grace. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Panthers are the favourite team for lots of Polynesian kids. It's great seeing these kids looking up to their heroes like To'o, Kikau, Luai etc. The rise of the Panthers has been a joy to watch with a great standard of football being played and the culture stuff like getting into a circle and praying after full time.
I'm sure these kids don't watch post match stuff with Ivan though or care about the Nathan stuff.

soc123_au

Staff member
Panthers are the favourite team for lots of Polynesian kids. It's great seeing these kids looking up to their heroes like To'o, Kikau, Luai etc. The rise of the Panthers has been a joy to watch with a great standard of football being played and the culture stuff like getting into a circle and praying after full time.
I'm sure these kids don't watch post match stuff with Ivan though or care about the Nathan stuff.

That's the one I dont understand. I dont get the Nathan hate, apart from the tik tok thing he hasn't really done much wrong apart from being not the most handsome specimen running around.

soc123_au

Staff member
Even people in PENRITH don't give a fk about PENRITH, he is just winding you up mate

It's the budget "pride of the league" attempt from PENRITH fans, they'll get flogged today and it'll be over with
Here in sunny Emu Plains it's Panthers gear as far as the eye can see. Hopefully I can say the same next weekend.

The Rosco

Bench
It is no coindence that the game gets moved to the afternoon and

Roads that are Usually bumper to bumper - empty

Shopping Centres - deserted

Even local sporting parks normally bursting with kids sporting teams - empty

Very quiet Saturday afternoon for Sydney - As people wait to wait to watch PENRITH PANTHERS - the people's team
. . . yeah nah.
It's called lockdown.

Maximus

Coach
I haven’t encountered panthers hate outside of this forum and even then most of it is just tongue in cheek trolling.

It's an LU thing of needing to follow the trend.

People whinge about Panthers fans needing to make every topic about them, but generally it has all been caused by a Panthers fan posting about the topic, and other people coming in saying they are trying to make the topic about Penrith. Of course then the discussion becomes about Penrith. There are a few annoying Panthers fans, but most of the people whinging about them are far worse.

GongPanther

Referee
It is just a cool thing to hate us, for literallty no reason. The fact that we are in everyone's head so much is a win for the Western Suburbs battlers
For me, nobody even visits Penrith and the surrounds and mingle with the locals. Pretty laid back area.

Kilkenny

Coach
Because psychotic posters stalk and bully people on other threads uninvited.

Turn up on the lu eels thread smugging about being f**kwits to people after the officials won the game for you.

Thats why people on lu hold a lot of you in contempt. You’re an exception, you, @Kilkenny and @ColdWetPanther. Except CWP is a Pom and doesn’t “get” the nrl yet. I’ve done my best to educate him.

Mob and his f**king bus!
Mob and his f**king bus!

And poor old @GongPanther, he’s a smug addict. He has knock off 50 points of his IQ to slum with you guys for the weekend, before chucking his suit back on and managing people for his working week. He’d be far better off with the Tigers we’re he’d be respected instead of being relied upon by you inbreds to give your club a modicum of respect. He’s wasting his footy life supporting you ugly lot.

Then there’s the pigs, but I’ve been threatened with execution by lu if I say their names.

A good club has been turned into a half way house for people with “Karen and related” issues.

As I’ve said, know your place in the game and we will all get along famously and live happily ever after.
Wow, thanks for the thumbs up. I don’t get to many very often.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I think a large amount is attributed to how some Riff fans carry themselves on LU.

You don't see Manly, Melbourne or Souths fans starting threads being like "Y u HatE m3? :("

To be perfectly honest, I couldn’t care less about people hating us. I just find it quite interesting that in 18 years we’ve come from everyone’s beloved underdog (except for chooks fans of course) to one of the most hated clubs in the league as per the article I found in the OP

Pantherjim.

Referee
And lol at "everyone's 2nd favourite team" at any point in history. That is the type of bullshit delusions of granduer pride of the league rubbish that souths fans used to have.

Well, the only people not cheering us on in the 2003 GF were chooks fans