What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Grand Final
Penrith Panthers v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Suncorp Stadium, Milton (TICKETS)
Sunday 3 October 2021

(AEST - QLD local - add one hour for AEDT NSW/VIC/ACT)
Intrust Super Cup Preliminary Final - Wynnum v Tweed 12:15pm
Intrust Super Cup Preliminary Final - Norths v Burleigh 2:45pm
Pre-Game Entertainment 5:00pm
NRL GF kickoff 6:30pm (7:30pm AEDT)

PENRITH-2021.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Stephen Crichton 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Matt Burton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Tyrone May 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Liam Martin 18. Brent Naden 19. Mitch Kenny 20. J'maine Hopgood 21. Charlie Staines

SOUTHSYDNEY-2021.png

1. Blake Taaffe 2. Alex Johnston 3. Dane Gagai 4. Campbell Graham 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Mark Nicholls 9. Damien Cook 10. Tevita Tatola 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jaydn Su'A 13. Cameron Murray
Interchange: 14. Benji Marshall 15. Jacob Host 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Jai Arrow 18. Taane Milne 19. Patrick Mago 20. Braidon Burns 21. Jed Cartwright

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Todd Smith
Video Referees: Grant Atkins

Signature Banners

PEN-LUGF.png

SOU-LUGF.png

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The 50 point rule ends next weekend I reckon. Souffs are fresh, full of confidence and have Bennett leading them. Penrith are busted, just played their GF and are beyond ready for a holiday. It'll be close for the majority, but Bennettball and the game managing class of Reynolds will see them home.

Valheru

Coach
Should be a good one.

Probably the 3rd GF in the NRL era I can think of that is a genuine 50/50 contest in my mind along with 2004 and 2018 . Note that the favourite in my mind hasn't always won

No idea... but the winner to win by less than 6.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
The Big Dance. Here it is. We had the easier prelim. They've been in 3 brutal street fights in 3 weeks. Like we did yesterday, we have to be ready from the first tackle. Rip in and be in their face in the first 20. If we can get on top early we should be able to hold them off because I do not see them having the energy late in the game to come over the top of us after what they've been through these last few weeks

Wayne knows all of this. He'll get the boys rolling.

Another thing. These are the Penrith scores beginning with the game against us: 10, 8, 10. They do not have a lot of points in them against good teams. Today they struggled to penetrate a Storm team that were running on fumes with just 15 fit players. If we are on the ball they will not score a winning score on us. BUT that is a big if.

some11

Referee
The Big Dance. Here it is. We had the easier prelim. They've been in 3 brutal street fights in 3 weeks. Like we did yesterday, we have to be ready from the first tackle. Rip in and be in their face in the first 20. If we can get on top early we should be able to hold them off because I do not see them having the energy late in the game to come over the top of us after what they've been through these last few weeks

Wayne knows all of this. He'll get the boys rolling.

Another thing. These are the Penrith scores beginning with the game against us: 10, 8, 10. They do not have a lot of points in them against good teams. Today they struggled to penetrate a Storm team that were running on fumes with just 15 fit players. If we are on the ball they will not score a winning score on us. BUT that is a big if.
Comfortable-Affectionate-Galapagosmockingbird-max-1mb.gif

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith need to find a extra try or two I think to beat Souths. We know we can beat these guys but they know they can beat us too. I'm backing us all the way with our great defence and I know what our attack is capable of. However, I'm also praying to the Footy Gods that the 50 point rule continues to be sacred!

BranVan3000

Coach
I think we come in about 50/50. I'm not sure who will win.

Souths have better completions, and attack. Penrith have better defence. But there's not much difference in either direction there.

Penrith will be more tired but Souths could get stage fright

Should be a genuine competitive Grand Final which is interesting for neutrals. Not sure who will win but Im sure it will be an all time classic and maybe give me a heart attack

moffla

Bench
After about 60 mins tonight I though whoever won would lose the Grand Final. Wayne as prepped them very well…That said, Panthers have it in them.

spewing we aren’t there, but this will be a cracker.