What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well if that’s the case there’d be no way determining if there’s a better option.
My view is that determing whether it is time to change a coach relies on more than the sort of comparison you are referring to.

You've got me thinking though. I'm on Rugby League Project crunching the numbers to see whether there is a way to assess who has had the best start to their NRL career.

Need to find a way to assess the quality of each of the squads though. It cant just be a comparison based on wins...and what about the quality of the comp? Everyone says that its poorer now than it was.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Smackdown - Bea 'Second week' Arthurs v Justin 'Supercoach' Holbrook

OK @IFR33K. How about the below table as a starting point?

Using a rating of poor, average or excellent how would you rate the quality of each squad and competiton?

YearCoachWin %Points DifferentialQuality of SquadQuality of Comp
2014Arthurs50-103
2015Arthurs38-125
2020Holbrook45-117
2021Holbrook42-3

lucablight

First Grade
Burton's dynamic. TPJ was their best forward against us. And Capewell made 51 tackles yesterday. All rep players.
I hope I’m wrong and those players are a huge loss. The way I read it is that Burton is a make shift centre who is really a five eighth, TPJ is a potentially explosive player who is lazy most of the time and that Capewell is the Panthers equivalent of Corey Allan i.e looks good in a side going well.

IFR33K

Coach
Smackdown - Bea 'Second week' Arthurs v Justin 'Supercoach' Holbrook

OK @IFR33K. How about the below table as a starting point?

Using a rating of poor, average or excellent how would you rate the quality of each squad and competiton?

YearCoachWin %Points DifferentialQuality of SquadQuality of Comp
2014Arthurs50-103
2015Arthurs38-125
2020Holbrook45-117
2021Holbrook42-3

Not a great deal between them tbh. Ba did have the games premier player at the time. JH did make the semis thou.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A weak comp this year particularly after the top 6 enhanced some teams performances. Storm had some liabilities this year. Gennings for one cost The Storm 12 points early last night. His dropped bomb gave Penrith their chance for their first 6 points and then his terrible drop with the line open directly after. Bellyache couldnt turn that pigs ear into a silk purse.
Proves Bellamy has no idea

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’re not convinced he could of done better?? Well that’s it case closed Gary the doyen of football has spoken. You make fun a bloke like Luke Burt yet twist your tits off when anyone questions an average plodder like Bea Arthur.
How many NRL wins has Burt coached ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You said make another GF in 11 years, dude maybe you need Pou to tag in you’re not yourself today. And how many Prelims in those 11 years??? More than week 2 Bea that’s for sure.
Let's see Bennett's record coaching a club like Parra. Coaching Souths and the Roosters is easy. Maguire and Stuart both won premierships at those clubs. Making a preliminary final should be the bare minimum.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
we will more then likely end up with similar results with tired and injured players at the wrong end of the season.
We had four f**ken players injured at the end of the season and none of them are from making too many runs. And if you think we looked tired in that last month your eyes are painted on.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not a great deal between them tbh. Ba did have the games premier player at the time. JH did make the semis thou.
Yeah. I think when Hiney suggested him I said that it wouldn't really be an upgrade. I maintain that now that he has had 2 years under his belt.

Both are decent coaches but neither is elite.

Interestingly, Holbrook's team that made the semis this year had a worse record than the 2014 Arthurs team that finished 10th.

Last edited:

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I think pou is correct after some pondering, and we just need an elite x factor player in the side, otherwise, even with bennet coaching this team, he cannot win a premiership

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bennett might be an 11 time loser by your logic but Bea is a never was, him being mentioned in the same sentence is utterly embarrassing.
You've mentioned them in the same sentence heaps of time you f**ken hypocrite, including the one I just quoted.

Deadshit: Bea can't get teams past week two but Maguire can!

Other merkin: Neither of them has won anything these past seven years.

Deadshit: You should be embarrassed to mention them in the same sentence ffs!

Other merkin: Like when you said "Bea can't get teams past week two but Maguire can"?

Latest posts