What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 110 50.7%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Imagine how f**ken good we'd be going if we still had Burt and f**ken Hollbrook???

#SaidNoMerkinEver
Really you speak on behalf on every merkin ever??? I and a number of people on here were upset that Holbrook wasn’t kept. And I’m sure I’ve said numerous times I would have punted Week 2 Bea for Holbrook after the disaster of 2018. And Burt did a good job of getting a young side to the U20’s GF.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I feel we need to stop floating in and out games. We also need to be better at killing off weaker opposition when on top.

There were a couple of games where like the warriors game up 24-0 after 20 mins yet the game was still in the balance with 5 mins to go. A good team just put there foot on the throat and doesn't give the opposition a sniff.

Both games against the tigers the scoreboard says we won easily but it shouldn't have been that close. That easter monday game 2 point lead with 3 mins to go it shouldn't have even got to that point.

I think the titans game was another. Clocked off in the 2nd half

Just need to play with the intensity that we played with against the storm and penrith more often we still look like a team that picks and chooses when it wants to play for 80 mins
You’d hope after 8 seasons the coach would be able to get his team to achieve this?? I mean if it doesn’t happen after 8 years when will it f**king ever??

TheRam

Coach
Maybe closer to those two teams mentioned, but I’d think for some reason south’s would have us easily covered.

They are an attacking team and if they brought their new found defensive steel to the game, they would slaughter us.

lucablight

First Grade
This year yes.
Reynolds,Benji,Sua, Gagai all gone. And Bennet.

Storm have Finucane,Hynes and JAC leaving. They do get Xavier Coates however.

Penrith have Capewell,Burton, TPJ gone.

I feel all these 3 become weaker instantly.

Manly have DCE turning 33 and Foran. Two old halves. And there best prop Tapau turns 32. I don't see them as any stronger.

Roosters should be the side who bounces back and looks stronger imo.

Knights I don't see it. They had an easy draw and scraped in the top 8. Guys like Pearce and Frizell have played their best footy.

Parra should be stronger based on the age of their spine and forwards. It is an improving squad on the up. As are plenty of sides who didn't make the top 8. But how much will they improve?
If that’s all Penrith are losing I don’t think they’ll be significantly weaker. TPJ played two games for them and it’s not like they overly rely on Burton and Capewell.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Really you speak on behalf on every merkin ever??? I and a number of people on here were upset that Holbrook wasn’t kept. And I’m sure I’ve said numerous times I would have punted Week 2 Bea for Holbrook after the disaster of 2018. And Burt did a good job of getting a young side to the U20’s GF.
We've done really well since 2018. I'm not convinced Polebrook have done better....and Luke Squirt. Please. His only rightful place is performing with the other midgets in the circus.

Keep the shit ideas coming...

Gazzamatta

Coach
Storm have gotten worse this year also imo.

They lost twice to Parra and the Panthers. The only games sides stuck with them and they lost all four. Yes they best Penrith when they had 5 of their best players out.

Canberra, Titans x 2 also pushed them. As did the Cowboys.
The reason everyone including myself become wrapped in the Storm was based on how easily they disposed of the weak sides. But it is also perception. When other sides done the same people would say oh yeah but they only beat the Dogs or Brisbane.

I guess the Storms big wins where everyone went wow was a 50 nil thrashing of Souths.

Latrel, Reynolds,Mansour,Paulo,Graheme,C.Murray where all missing. So 3 of their best players and most the backline which is what makes Souths strong.

14 games they also conceeded 3 tries.

Compare it to the Panthers who only let in 3 tries in a game 5 times all season.The Storm when they had their best 5 out.
Tigers,Sharks over origin when had half a side.

You could argue only twice when fielded a half decent side. Tigers x 2nd time and Saints.

Parra managed 7 x tries against the STORM in two games for the record.
A weak comp this year particularly after the top 6 enhanced some teams performances. Storm had some liabilities this year. Gennings for one cost The Storm 12 points early last night. His dropped bomb gave Penrith their chance for their first 6 points and then his terrible drop with the line open directly after. Bellyache couldnt turn that pigs ear into a silk purse.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You’d hope after 8 seasons the coach would be able to get his team to achieve this?? I mean if it doesn’t happen after 8 years when will it f**king ever??
It took Bennett 11 years to make another GF since his last one. Your 8 years comment is meaningless plop.

Edit: Bennett hasn't won a GF in 11 years.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We've done really well since 2018. I'm not convinced Polebrook have done better....and Luke Squirt. Please. His only rightful place is performing with the other midgets in the circus.

Keep the shit ideas coming...
You’re not convinced he could of done better?? Well that’s it case closed Gary the doyen of football has spoken. You make fun a bloke like Luke Burt yet twist your tits off when anyone questions an average plodder like Bea Arthur.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Anyway. I wanted us to sign Bennett after 2018. It didn't happen.

Bennett may not even have been able to match what we have done the last years.

At least my pick can get his f**ken team to a GF.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You’re not convinced he could of done better?? Well that’s it case closed Gary the doyen of football has spoken. You make fun a bloke like Luke Burt yet twist your tits off when anyone questions an average plodder like Bea Arthur.
ITS BEEN GOING FOR F**KING YEARS.

ITS BORING.

GET SOME NEW F**KEN MATERIAL.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You said make another GF in 11 years, dude maybe you need Pou to tag in you’re not yourself today. And how many Prelims in those 11 years??? More than week 2 Bea that’s for sure.
Yep. He's awesome. Thats why I wanted him at Parra. Not like those pair of dopes Burt and Holbrook.

But as good as he is he still hasn't won a GF since 2010. Using your logic. If something cant change after 8 years, then Souths are no hope. Bennetts an 11 time loser FFS!

TheRam

Coach
If that’s all Penrith are losing I don’t think they’ll be significantly weaker. TPJ played two games for them and it’s not like they overly rely on Burton and Capewell.

Burton has been a revelation at centre this year and you just have to look at Capewell's game yesterday to see how valuable he is.

Unless they unearth new young stars, they will be weaker, especially if they win the GF next week. The hunger will be gone and that steel edge and narrow focus that hungry teams have won't be there like it has been this season.

We on the other hand should have it and hopefully in spades. I would feel a lot better though if we could jag a true speedster like Xavier Savage to give us that unpredictability and X factor speed. We could really make things happen in attack if we could add that type of strike to our backline.

Teams would fear our edge and not compress as much in the middle and then we would really rip teams apart. The close games we keep having when we should be blowing lesser teams away or our lack of options in the 20 metre zone changes when you have that type of speed. Look at what Souths can do with Johnson at the end of their backline or how many games has JAC turned for the Storm or even Saab's linkups with his inside men and Saab is an average footballer with little RL nous. But his speed makes him shine.

More then ever speed is king in the new Rugby League and I feel that we need to find that type of speed if we want to advance to the next level as a team. Otherwise we will need to keep bashing our opposition way more then is healthy over a long season and if that's still happening next season, we will more then likely end up with similar results with tired and injured players at the wrong end of the season.

A boy like X. Savage that can make things happen from a standing start is like diamonds and alongside playmakers and front rowers will become the most valuable asset in a squad going forward.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'm going to be serious for a minute.

@hineyrulz - I love your work. You're a funny merkin and good value on here.

But if I'm being honest I like you a whole lot more in the off season.

The constant BA bashing and hindsight genius bullshit gets tiring. Every week its a new thing that you bash him on. The latest is the week 2 thing which is irrelevant. If we didnt get week 3 it would be "Week 3 Bea" (which you have to admit sounds better) and then it would be PF Bea etc.

We all want our team to win but you've got it in for BA and have lost perspective. I dont really hate Burt or Holbrook - I was just shitting on your ideas out of spite because I get tired of the BA shit.

I thought our performance against the Panthers might give us all a brief respite, but alas I was wrong.

I've watched that game 3 times now and all I saw was a team willing to die for their coach. We aren't perfect and nor is BA but there is a lot to like about Parra in 2021.

I genuinely believe we will be f**king good next year. Our guys will be burning after that Panthers game.

I dont expect everyone to blow our team and coaches knobs but it would be nice if you didn't go out of your way in every post to make some childish remark about our coach.