What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tweed Titan

Bench
Gerard Sutton had a shit game last week. The game was so slow and he allowed both Penrith and Melbourne to just lay all over the ruck constantly. He also missed a big conversion movement off the sideline from Cleary. There's some myth perpetuating that swallowing the whistle makes you a good referee and IMO there is nothing further from the truth.

I don't know WTF they see in this guy that justifies him constantly officiating the big games. I can think of at least two or three referees that control games far better than Gerard Sutton.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Penrith Panthers

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Stephen Crichton 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Matt Burton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Tyrone May 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Liam Martin 18. Brent Naden 19. Mitch Kenny 20. J'maine Hopgood 21. Charlie Staines

Changes from Preliminary Final - Tevita Pangai Junior is out with a knee injury. Moses Leota is in for a straight swap.

South Sydney Rabbitohs

1. Blake Taaffe 2. Alex Johnston 3. Dane Gagai 4. Campbell Graham 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Mark Nicholls 9. Damien Cook 10. Tevita Tatola 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jaydn Su'A 13. Cameron Murray 14. Benji Marshall 15. Jacob Host 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Jai Arrow 18. Taane Milne 19. Patrick Mago 20. Braidon Burns 21. Jed Cartwright

Changes from Preliminary Final - The Bunnies are 1-21 with Wayne Bennett backing Adam Reynolds to overcome injury concerns to take his place.

Referees: Gerard Sutton; Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Todd Smith; Video Referees: Grant Atkins

NRL TEAMS - 2021 Grand Final » League Unlimited

yobbo84

First Grade
TPJ is a liability so he's not a loss for them, but it is sweet justice that such a late ring-in misses out on the GF.

GongPanther

Referee
Gerard Sutton had a shit game last week. The game was so slow and he allowed both Penrith and Melbourne to just lay all over the ruck constantly. He also missed a big conversion movement off the sideline from Cleary. There's some myth perpetuating that swallowing the whistle makes you a good referee and IMO there is nothing further from the truth.

I don't know WTF they see in this guy that justifies him constantly officiating the big games. I can think of at least two or three referees that control games far better than Gerard Sutton.
It's his 5th GF in a row. He IS the best we have. Klein lost his composure at times in the Pen V Parra match.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Point was he doesn’t deserve the success if it happens, so I find it amusing he won’t be able to claim he is a GF winner.
The point that you have to understand Stryke is that he was part of our squad who made a valuable contribution to the club from the week he joined, to all the way to this point of the season. Even for the first two weeks he didn't play, he brought a wealth of knowledge and experience which the players greatly appreciated. So in for those reasons, TPJ is deserved a ring just like every other player. In fact, I hope he comes back to Penrith after his time at the Dogs

some11

Referee
Enough with the DISRESPECT!

The bulldogs will be getting PREMIERSHIP RING/RUNNER UP MEDAL experience! Not to mention playing for PENRITH!