What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

age.s

First Grade
always thought he deserved a spot over starc, doesnt offer a lot after the early stages of the innings.
I like Starc. A bit inconsistent but he has that slinging action which is hard to handle and having a left hander is always nice for variety. A Pattinson/Cummins/Hazelwood attack is a bit more predictable.

Iamback

Coach
Oh No.....please don't open the Nathan should be a hooker debate again!! :D

We had no hooker and Luai in NSW Cup. Api coming here really has solved that issue atleast for 2022 anyway. No one is playing in their junior position in the 17 now anyway

Iamback

Coach
Wish Bennett would focus on the game rather than trying to manipulate the referees yet again. The NRL claim it has no effect on how they adjudicate. Yet from the opening whistle of our first game referees were warning us about exactly what he complained about.

Souths are then doing the same thing they whined about us doing but not being warned for it. Now they're complaining about trainers on the field when Wayne Bennett and Alfie were the ones who made it an art to have a trainer on as 18th man.

His 100000 assistants do all the training, The old guy is bored and needs to do something to pass the time

Whino

Bench
Interesting quirk time.

1991: Captain was our halfback.
At least one player in the backline was called Paul (Smith)
Our Hooker had played Origin for the Blues. Simmons.

2003: Captain was our halfback.
At least one player in the backline was called Paul (Whaturia)
Our Hooker had played Origin for the Blues. Priddis

2021: Co-Captain is our halfback. (Still counts)
At least one player in the backline was called Paul (Momirovski)
Our Hooker has played Origin for the Blues. Api.

Crashtest

Juniors
We had no hooker and Luai in NSW Cup. Api coming here really has solved that issue atleast for 2022 anyway. No one is playing in their junior position in the 17 now anyway
Wait....you aren't still trying to justify that argument are you?

Iamback

Coach
Wait....you aren't still trying to justify that argument are you?

Luai was too good for NSW Cup. Katoa wasn't FG standard and was no hookers in the club. FTR I was in the Luai to FB camp just needed him in the side. We are just lucky he was patient and prepared to wait but it was just like people trying to get Burton in the team now.

That horse has well and truly bolted but if Api goes end of next year. We will fall back into the pack very quickly. A good 9 is just that important

rem286

Juniors
Luai was too good for NSW Cup. Katoa wasn't FG standard and was no hookers in the club. FTR I was in the Luai to FB camp just needed him in the side. We are just lucky he was patient and prepared to wait but it was just like people trying to get Burton in the team now.

That horse has well and truly bolted but if Api goes end of next year. We will fall back into the pack very quickly. A good 9 is just that important
Brandon Smith might be a cheap buy 😂

Crashtest

Juniors
Agree on the importance of hooker. Hopefully if we win a premiership on Sunday Api will want to re-sign for a couple more years and can help develop Ryley Smith into a 1st grade hooker

martielang

Bench

Wash your mouth out.

Iamback

Coach
Agree on the importance of hooker. Hopefully if we win a premiership on Sunday Api will want to re-sign for a couple more years and can help develop Ryley Smith into a 1st grade hooker

Assuming Ryley stays with Rugby League either way. 2 more years from Api is perfect allows time for 2nd Tier footy to catch up for time lost and can re-assess the best option

Girds89

Bench
We really have to take our oppurtunities this week.

Have to ice them. Souths are great in attack and they will score some points.

Hopefully nath and luau can get a few set restarts this week from kicks. Its been missed of late.

Critta, momo and burton all need to stand up massivley and help out the forwards and brian and dyl.

They know fish, leota, too and dyl are busted... the 3 of them need to get their hands dirty and get really involved and do a lot of the grunt work coming out of our end.

Like we did with the storm i think we need to spread the all round.

And nath needs to mix up the kicking game.

Luai needs to run run run.

Kiks needs to have his best game of the season.

Its going to be real tough. Other than reynolds they are full fitness with no health issues and have had an easy run. They have the mastermind at the helm and his gf and big game record speaks for itself.

Given our injuries and the brutal run weve had i really think we are up against it.

Will have to be at our very best.

Smug Panther

First Grade
We really have to take our oppurtunities this week.

Have to ice them. Souths are great in attack and they will score some points.

Hopefully nath and luau can get a few set restarts this week from kicks. Its been missed of late.

Critta, momo and burton all need to stand up massivley and help out the forwards and brian and dyl.

They know fish, leota, too and dyl are busted... the 3 of them need to get their hands dirty and get really involved and do a lot of the grunt work coming out of our end.

Like we did with the storm i think we need to spread the all round.

And nath needs to mix up the kicking game.

Luai needs to run run run.

Kiks needs to have his best game of the season.

Its going to be real tough. Other than reynolds they are full fitness with no health issues and have had an easy run. They have the mastermind at the helm and his gf and big game record speaks for itself.

Given our injuries and the brutal run weve had i really think we are up against it.

Will have to be at our very best.
If Kikau f**ks up early he needs to be pulled, whether he starts or comes off the bench. We can't carry 2020 GF Kikau. He is by far my biggest worry for Sunday

Last edited:

unKwn

Juniors
Any update on dylans fitness? He’s still got the moon boot and like Daz said before he’d be surprised to see him get through all 3 games