What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Someone2

Juniors
Penrith fans can sit at home and have a cuppa and biscuit to celebrate
no going out to pubs this year or going celebrating with the team who are up in QLD

It’d be such a hallow empty feeling year to win a premiership and just feel like another game

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
But how often does a halfback light up a GF?

I can think of Keary in 2018. Cronk 2012.

It's not often but in such tense affairs it's generally that one play that makes all the difference, or as it was tonight, death by a thousand paper cuts.

I just don’t think Cleary was the reason for the death by a thousand cuts. It was the go forward and the defence, and he kicked competently behind it. And given how well they were playing generally, it’s on the halves to ice the game rather than it coming down to a grandstand finish. I don’t think they won because of Cleary, I thought that based on what happened apart from Cleary they should have won by more.

Anyway, what’s done is done and history is written by the victors.

Knight76

Juniors
Panthers V Melbourne week before was the better game.

This one was close, but a bit of a snore in the second half. First half better but I never like games decided by intercept tries especially GF.

Some low scoring, defence focussed games are exciting and suspensfull, this one wasn't one of those. It lacked the threat in attack mainly from Souths to make it engaging.

Congrats to Penrith, happy to see you guys get the win after last seasons loss, well deserved.

skeepe

Immortal
I’m no Walker fan, but I really feel for him tonight. Souths were the only team playing footy out there. The only team creating chances. Playing positive footy instead of the negative shit coming from Penrith.

The Panthers only scored from a defensive error and an intercept. They did not deserve to win tonight, not even close. The better team lost, and it took some dodgy decisions to do it.

fourplay

Juniors
Penrith is going mental right around the Panthers Club. A million cars honking and people about. Cops are a bit late to the action, they are only getting there now and have just blocked the entrance to Panthers hahah.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Had burton most metres gained out of 5 players and edwards complete inability to pass to the opposite side backs..or just act like a normal human being when in space was a blessing. The bloke still racked up over 230m tonight and can hit 200 on a regular bases yet stops and stammers and nearly looks like he is having an allergic reaction when he gets a ball with space in front of him in the attacking zone.