What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panther Pete

Juniors
Plenty of praise being given for the way the Panthers stifled the start of Souths sets, and for how much more time Cleary had for his kicks.

What that praise fails to mention is the nefarious means with which both of these were achieved.

Penrith were only able to suffocate Souths early in sets because they were constantly holding down far longer on the tackle after a kick than at any other play. If you watch it again you’ll see what I mean. They were banking on a combination of the referee not having the nerve to call a set restart every time - even though it was thoroughly deserved - and the fact that a set restart on tackle 1 is barely a punishment at all. The NRL simply MUST fix this in the off-season, it’s completely against the spirit of the game.

Secondly, Cleary was only afforded so much time to kick because of the ridiculous and much talked about blockers at the play the ball on tackle 5. This, too, is completely against the spirit of the game and the NRL simply MUST rectify it before 2022 kicks off.

Quite frankly, any analysis of the grand final that doesn’t include the above points - and the deleterious effects of such negative play being rewarded - is one-eyed nonsense written by morons.
Does this make you fell better Skeepe???

Attachments

• Panthers.jpg
    Panthers.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 10

Spot On

Coach
‘Allowed to suffocate Souths…’ blah, blah, blah.. bullshit.

No wonder you back so many losers Weepy.

I wasn’t talking about all panther fans.

May’s ugly reference to his court case, featuring a picture of Ivan in support brings significant harm to your club and the entire game into disrepute.

His bone headed mates cheering him on, reminded me of Haynes crew of miscreant flogs. There they were, grunting and snarling at the rape victim as she got into her car. Great look for the game wasn’t it?

I’m pretty tired of this savage, pernicious and inhumane view of women and I think Mays Instagram post clearly illustrates his entire lack of remorse for his sickly crimes of perversion, his utter contempt for women, his undeserved arrogance and his grand delusion that he is anything other than a complete and utter officially licenced f**kwit.

I’m not resiling, I’m not stepping back, that’s my honest opinion.

If that makes me the most hated person on LU, then so be it. In this context, that would be an honour.

Morning bro,

Look I just want to apologise for the way I have been acting toward you.

I also want to say thank you.

This morning when I woke up I was going to give my wife a few back hands across the face but then I read your messages and thought twice about it.

If you did not post the above messages I would not have known not to back hand my wife across the face.

I further think it is safe to say there are many posters in this thread who also would have assaulted their partners if you had not brought to their attention that they should not.

You are doing great work.

Keep it up, and thanks again.

Best,

GFK

Panther Pete

Juniors
Morning bro,

Look I just want to apologise for the way I have been acting toward you.

I also want to say thank you.

This morning when I woke up I was going to give my wife a few back hands across the face but then I read your messages and thought twice about it.

If you did not post the above messages I would not have known not to back hand my wife across the face.

I further think it is safe to say there are many posters in this thread who also would have assaulted their partners if you had not brought to their attention that they should not.

You are doing great work.

Keep it up, and thanks again.

Best,

GFK
That's gold mate!!!!

yobbo84

First Grade
Something else...

Stephen Crichton copped his 4th charge of the year in the prelim final (a Grade 1 Contrary Conduct charge) - a monetary fine. Under the current rules, after your third charge you can't cop the fine and have to take the points. This would've meant he missed the GF.

However, last year they changed it so that you can receive an additional monetary fine in a finals game - this saved Stephen Crichton from missing the GF.

[$%^&*+]

The reason they changed this rule? The blowback from Sam Burgess missing a final in 2019 for pulling hair.

[$%^&*+] [$%^&*+]

I need a life.

It was good to read today that the Ladies who League have come out and condemned Mays Instagram post as well as those cheery messages he got from a number of your players.

A number of people have joined their criticism on Twitter.

If any more people laugh about violence against women, I’m going to have to ask that these highly offensive and inappropriate comments be deleted.

It was good to read today that the Ladies who League have come out and condemned Mays Instagram post as well as those cheery messages he got from a number of your players.

If any more people laugh about violence against women, I’m going to have to ask that these highly offensive and inappropriate comments be deleted.

Thanks bud. I’ll be able to sleep tonight.

ACTPanthers

Bench

I must say brother, I find your tactic of "The High Ground Troll" to be a nice change from the other well known bridge dwellers.

May is a stain, and there aren't many fans out there who don't think this.

Congratulations to the 2021 premiers.
That defence during the finals series was completely out of this world, with a premiership as a reward for the last two seasons which has set insane standards.
Souths have been very tough opponents and worthy grand finalists. I know the pain of losing one, but so do the blokes who will be holding up the trophy.
Thank you for a tense, gritty and absorbing Grand Final.
200.gif
Maybe next year @This Year?

I’ll see myself out……

Thanks bud. I’ll be able to sleep tonight.
I’m not calling for your personal resignation or trouble for your tenure here, I just think you have gone way too far and the comments and posts are deeply offensive.

I dont think it’s ok to invoke jokes about violence against women at any time.

A lot of blokes got onto Twitter and had a go at May and his supporters as well.

I think my position is reasonable and quite generous ghosty.

We don’t want lu in any trouble either.

soc123_au

Staff member

What do you think they would make of this comment made to a lady in the Panthers forum?
Someone left the gate of the sty open again.
Not on Tyrones level by any stretch, but if your going to get on the soap box at least make sure you haven't shit the bed yourself in the past 24 hours.